The Last of Us coming to HBO

rage-a-holic

finding a strong female presence isn’t hard.  she isn’t that.  she’d be a great actress for soccer mom baking cookies, not leading a large band of murderous meatheads.  it was a poor casting choice.  period. 

You’re being a jackass and making a judgement based on your thinking all strong women leaders look like Eva Peron. She is a fine actress, and you don’t know the backstory. The resistance will be made of ordinary looking people as the leaders all sold out to fascism or died.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm hung up on that actress being 19 years old when the girl she's playing looks 12. Does she have a condition of some sort? 

I would have guessed 16. She doesn't look 12 to me. Filming started in 2021, so should have been 17 in the scenes we have seen. 

51 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I hate commenting on peoples looks when it's something they have no control over (most times) but she is unfortunate looking. She looks ike she has a touch of the downs, like she has maybe 1/4 of an extra chromosome.

I think she was a pretty normal looking kid.  She's just gotten a little puffy and probably headed to fat.

bella.webp

On 2/2/2023 at 4:14 AM, Bateshorn said:

The Magicians did an episode called “A life in a day” where two characters are trapped in a pocket world and build an entire life and death together.  It was also similarly very touching and well done. 

That episode stuck with me for a long time. Happy you brought it back up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

That episode stuck with me for a long time. Happy you brought it back up. 

Seriously. I think maybe because it involved a kid it hit harder for me (as a father of 3) than the Last of Us episode. Don't get me wrong, episode 3 was a great piece of film making. But Magicians just hit the feels harder (for that one episode). 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Or maybe like back up 200 yards and drive off the access road a little and you're back on your original fucking clear-as-day path you dumb fucking shits.

The first 500 panicked people trying to escape would have tried that back on epidemic day 2 already. It's not <that> unrealistic to think that every possible side path for quite some distance was already blocked by wreckage from people who had come before and tried to go around.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

The first 500 panicked people trying to escape would have tried that back on epidemic day 2 already. It's not <that> unrealistic to think that every possible side path for quite some distance was already blocked by wreckage from people who had come before and tried to go around.

Yep.   Put me in the "why the hell are you driving through major cities" camp.  Stay the hell out for several reasons, infected and non-infected assholes.

On 2/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, Texzilla58 said:

My only issue with S3 was the end. If I’m leaving in the S10, I’m loading up more guns, grenades, ammo, food for the ride.

Took me a minute to decipher this.  Double use of "S" with one of them a mistake (Epi 3 instead of S3?).  Good thing I have that strong UT edumacation.

But yeah, I woulda packed the S10 to the gills.

8 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Took me a minute to decipher this.  Double use of "S" with one of them a mistake (Epi 3 instead of S3?).  Good thing I have that strong UT edumacation.

But yeah, I woulda packed the S10 to the gills.

I think they packed a good deal of shit into the back.  made me sad when they lost it all after betty crocker’s goon squad ambushed them in st louis.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Fwiw, the game had them going through Pittsburgh on their way from Boston to Wyoming. Not sure why they've moved it to KC in the show. I'm guessing that we're going to see more of the city in the next episode, otherwise not seeing why the change

Probably because they could transform Calgary to look more like Kansas City than Pittsburgh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I think they packed a good deal of shit into the back.  made me sad when they lost it all after betty crocker’s goon squad ambushed them in st louis.

I was furious when they ran over the homemade spike strip and destroyed the tires, then lost the truck and all the supplies.

They had JUST GOTTEN the damn thing, and that kind of gear is priceless in that world.  Holy fuck that pissed me off.

Like many, I'm sure, I was yelling why are you driving into the downtown area of the city?!   If you have to backtrack to your starting point then fucking do it.

But I knew the answer why, of course.  Still maddening.

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Fwiw, the game had them going through Pittsburgh on their way from Boston to Wyoming. Not sure why they've moved it to KC in the show. I'm guessing that we're going to see more of the city in the next episode, otherwise not seeing why the change

If you stay "north" you have to drive through/near Chicago on I-90.  Which again begs the question of why be on the interstates at all.