The Last of Us coming to HBO

rage-a-holic

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

where are they getting their liquor from? they were pouring that whiskey like they have a whole new shipment on the way. 

i would assume it's moonshine of some sort.  although there would be tens of thousands of barrels for the taking in kentucky right after this broke out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well in the game Joel would definitely be flashing red right now but he’s still alive and has time to press the big center button and craft a health kit (assuming they have 1 rag and 1 water), then he would need to press Up and R2 and he would be good again.

But yeah, I’m curious how they resolve this.
Picking stone fire fly dog tags might help.

I’ve been playing the game for the first time and just caught up to the point of Joel’s injury. Wife convinced me to stop to avoid spoilers but it’s very tempting to keep going.

At first I assumed he would live through it, but I’m considering the possibility that he could die and the game/show could shift to everything being from Ellie’s perspective. I hope not because the dynamic between them makes the story great.

I’m not entirely sure we’ll get the answer to this question tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m considering the possibility that he could die and the game/show could shift to everything being from Ellie’s perspective. I hope not because the dynamic between them makes the story great.

The trailer for tonight's episode has zero Joel and Ellie is in a new environment.

Edited by RPM

Watched Ep1 with wife tonight, at the very emphatic urging of coworker and good friend, whom I told, "I don't like zombie movies.  I hate that shit.  I watched less than 15 minutes ever of The Walking Dead. The White Walkers in GoT were fucking stupid. Etc, etc."

"Oh this is different.  You have to watch it!"

on the 2nd fucking zombie chewing on a person's head, we bailed.

Sorry.  I totally get the appeal and love it that folks enjoy the show. An escape flick can be awesome!  This one's not for Slorchy though.  If you tell someone straight up that you don't care for a certain genre, I don't get the insistence to power through it.   I want to LIKE what I am watching.

Enjoy.  I have honestly enjoyed reading the thread tonight MUCH more than I liked the show.  Can tell lots of folks are enjoying it, and that's cool!

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Watched Ep1 with wife tonight, at the very emphatic urging of coworker and good friend, whom I told, "I don't like zombie movies.  I hate that shit.  I watched less than 15 minutes ever of The Walking Dead. The White Walkers in GoT were fucking stupid. Etc, etc."

Sorry.  I totally get the appeal and love it that folks enjoy the show. An escape flick can be awesome!  This one's not for Slorchy though.  If you tell someone straight up that you don't care for a certain genre, I don't get the insistence to power through it.   I want to LIKE what I am watching.

Enjoy.  I have honestly enjoyed reading the thread tonight MUCH more than I liked the show.  Can tell lots of folks are enjoying it, and that's cool!

So you didn’t watch episode 1, you watched half of it, or less.

Fair enough if you don’t like the genre.

There’s been literally three “zombie scenes” - probably 8-10 minutes total- in the 7-8 hours of the show.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

It's a show with a great story, acting, music, and overall production quality, set in a world where zombies exist.

If you really hate zombies stories, then the positives probably can't overcome that, which is fine. Certainly not for everyone.

If you're willing to give it a chance beyond the occasional zombie scene, it's been a fantastic series so far. That's why your coworker wanted you to try it so much, which you did and it simply may not be for you.

8 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

It's a show with a great story, acting, music, and overall production quality, set in a world where zombies exist.

If you really hate zombies stories, then the positives probably can't overcome that, which is fine. Certainly not for everyone.

If you're willing to give it a chance beyond the occasional zombie scene, it's been a fantastic series so far. That's why your coworker wanted you to try it so much, which you did and it simply may not be for you.

The homo Ron Swanson episode was what I thought the best episode of tv that I have seen since early on in the Game of Thrones days. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Poor Ellie. Throughout the episode all i could think about was how she had previously told Joel that everyone she has ever cared about has died or left. She obviously loved Riley. We all knew what was in store. And it still was a gut punch....

Spoiler

I wanna know how it went down though.  They were both bitten.  Neither knew about Ellie's immunity.  They were planning on riding the thing out together.

How did Ellie realized she had immunity without Riley tearing her apart like that little kid tried to in Episode 5?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wade said:
  Hide contents

I wanna know how it went down though.  They were both bitten.  Neither knew about Ellie's immunity.  They were planning on riding the thing out together.

How did Ellie realized she had immunity without Riley tearing her apart like that little kid tried to in Episode 5?

Spoiler

My guess is Ellie uses the gun to kill her friend after Riley’s mind is gone, and she’s found by the Fireflies who were going to ship Riley to Atlanta- thus the chains and locking Ellie up to see if she ever gets infected 

• Hook 'Em 3