College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

1 hour ago, Veerbone said:

In order to maximize the margin.   Transfer cost accounting rarely involves any measurable uptick in COGS, the difference in out of state vs in state tuition simply pads that margin via the increased “transfer price”.   

Ah, so completely the opposite of the aggy athletic welfare model...

19 minutes ago, Bartles said:

U of Bama clarified that the 29 percent sample was from a small group of people experiencing symptoms and/or those who were in close contact with people experiencing symptoms. So it's good news!

But this is why pos rate isn’t key indicator people want it to be. Look at cases/1000 people, number hospitalized etc vs pos rate. 
there are many better ways to gauge if things going south. 

The college football world is in no way ready to delve into accurate COVID stats. Games start two weeks from today, the only numbers we'll hear are reported positive cases, and I guess we'll find out if there's a high enough number to shut down the sport. Or it may not matter if any major teams get too many cases to even practice.

Expect a cancellation announcement in the next week of women's soccer, women's volleyball, M&W swimming/diving, M&W cross country, and quite possibly M&W tennis.  M&W golf could very likely be allowed to proceed though with significant schedule changes.  Football remains the great unknown.  

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s important to remember than Bowlsby is an empty suit who is on a string attached to the AD office at Oklahoma and Texas. 

It's also important to remember that Chip Brown is a fucktoid.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

We should probably slow the testing down.

By testing these folks we are driving the number of positives up. 

It’s common sense.

Can we just get back to playing football?

I just laugh at people that think the only path forward is 0 positive test results.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Digging a little deeper, the 29% was from one testing location, so the actually number was 4-5% for campus wide and again this was symptomatic testing vs initial testing of everyone. 

I found the same thing when I dug into the story. Twitter is about the worst possible place for someone to become educated on the facts. But keep this in mind, there are a lot of people who want to see this all fail. They want the universities to have to close, they want college football to be cancelled. Their narrative will be to sensationalize anything they can to influence perception. The Big 10 and PAC 12 are going to be out in force using their media connections to deflect criticism from themselves. If the Big 12 has a successful season, it’s the end of their conference as they know it. 

There is a lot of money betting on the SEC, Big 12 and ACC to fail. Remember that lens will exist in media as we watch coverage like this going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Explain, please.  Who are the folks "betting" money that they fail? Give me a few specific names that comprise "a lot of people who want to see this fail"? Who wants the universities to "have to close"?  Who, other than yourself, is pushing a narrative to "sensationalize anything they can to influence perception"?  Where are the B1G and P12 going to be "out in force using their media connections to deflect criticism from themselves"? How will the B1G and P12 "end" as a conference if the B12 has a successful season?  Please advise where one becomes "educated on the facts" now that you've blown our minds with the idea that Twitter isn't a repository of sourced information?

You spew a lot of baseless and idiotic proclamations, but I struggle to find where you support any of these opinions.  And yes, you say nothing but opinion in the above.  There is not one scintilla of fact behind your argument.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't have a fucking clue about what you speak. 

I specifically cited who wants this college football season being played in the fall to fail. Like, literally right before the highlighted sentence. So before you say someone does not have a clue what they are talking about, you should at least read and fully comprehend what they are saying. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Stewart Mendel is a mouthpiece for the Big 10. He is exactly one of the media members I am referencing who is going to shit all over conferences that decide to play this fall. And, coincidentally what he is saying is completely disingenuous bordering on outright fabrication. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Stewart Mendel is a mouthpiece for the Big 10. He is exactly one of the media members I am referencing who is going to shit all over conferences that decide to play this fall. And, coincidentally what he is saying is completely disingenuous bordering on outright fabrication. 

Irony, how does it work?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I don’t have any opinions on Mandel’s reporting related to COVID, but I’ve been disappointed with his national coverage of the sport for a few years now. The Athletic would be great if Bruce Feldman were the main reporter, but Mandel is simultaneously bland and unlikable. He tries to put every team in a box and criticize/praise them based upon that box while other reporters like Feldman actually envision changes in teams over time.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Feel free to go root for another school. Maybe one in the Big 10 where institutional child rape has been condoned by two of their institutions that we know of recently. 

I root for my alma mater. Who likes to say they are peers with Cal and Michigan but bc of mouth breathing fuck face retards like you, we look more like SEC trash where our “expert” was someone the conference found on Twitter. 

Eat shit. But don’t die. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

IMO - if they go ZERO fans and all on T.V., nothing will happen. So far and as of this post, Texas HS 4A and down, will start this coming week.

I happened to drive past Wall High School, outside San Angelo, Friday morning, and the whole football team was out on the field in full pads.  Good to see.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I specifically cited who wants this college football season being played in the fall to fail. Like, literally right before the highlighted sentence. So before you say someone does not have a clue what they are talking about, you should at least read and fully comprehend what they are saying. 

So by a ‘lot of people’, you mean Big 10 and Pac 12 administrators? 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I root for my alma mater. Who likes to say they are peers with Cal and Michigan but bc of mouth breathing fuck face retards like you, we look more like SEC trash where our “expert” was someone the conference found on Twitter. 

What exactly do you think is going to happen?