Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

On 8/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Elections have consequences. Still that doesn't mean the US Postmaster General and his team aren't subjected to law enforcement after the fact.  I'm starting to think there will be a large Justice Dept task force formed next year to investigate the Trump Admin.

By whom?  Trump and his DOJ lackey fired the NY Prosecutor.  Why can't they undermine all other investigations into his crimes?  

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can we organize to deliver 'mail in' ballots to be dropped off where they need to go?  Honest question.  This is something that could be organized.  I'm looking to do something that actually helps, no offense immamac (kidding, kind of). 

I'm not sure you could actually deliver a ballot for a stranger.  But organizing driving people to polling locations or where ever there is a drop box for ballots in your state would be doable. I also wonder if there are possibilities for additional drop boxes for ballots.  Say, bringing your ballot to city hall (or in Chicago your ward office), and make the city responsible for delivering the ballot.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I'm not sure you could actually deliver a ballot for a stranger.  But organizing driving people to polling locations or where ever there is a drop box for ballots in your state would be doable. I also wonder if there are possibilities for additional drop boxes for ballots.  Say, bringing your ballot to city hall (or in Chicago your ward office), and make the city responsible for delivering the ballot.

Gonna look into this.  Thanks 

edit: for battleground states.  Not worried about IL where we are gonna curbstomp that fat fuck

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can we organize to deliver 'mail in' ballots to be dropped off where they need to go?  Honest question.  This is something that could be organized.  I'm looking to do something that actually helps, no offense immamac (kidding, kind of). 

Helping group together ballots so they’re easily tossed or set ablaze doesn’t feel like help...

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump isn’t supposed to be using Mar a Lago as a residence for voting purposes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/trump-made-florida-his-official-residence-he-may-have-also-made-a-legal-mess/2020/05/07/17d53fb2-849c-11ea-878a-86477a724bdb_story.html

“Digging into the catacombs of local records to build an argument against the dock, a small group of loosely aligned preservationists, disgruntled neighbors and attorneys have unearthed documents that they assert call into question the legality of Trump’s much-publicized decision late last year to change his official domicile from Manhattan to Mar-a-Lago and to register to vote in Florida using the club’s address. According to those documents, and additional materials obtained by The Washington Post, Trump agreed in writing years ago to change the use of the Mar-a-Lago property from a single-family residence to a private club owned by a corporation he controls.

The distinction is significant. The property is taxed as a private club — not as a residence, according to Palm Beach County property appraiser records. Trump’s own attorney assured local officials in Palm Beach before they voted to approve the club in 1993 that he would not live there. Mar-a-Lago’s website says only that Trump maintains “private quarters” at the club.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Gah, she is just like a child who sarcastically says "Soooorreeeee," after intentionally putting gum in a sibling's hair and then told to apologize. While her letter is addressed to DeLay, her tweet makes it seems as if it is the rank and file employees that are causing the delay. It isn't the USPS that is the problem, Ms. Collins. It is that NASTY man you didn't vote to impeach and all his con artist friends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Gah, she is just like a child who sarcastically says "Soooorreeeee," after intentionally putting gum in a sibling's hair and then told to apologize. While her letter is addressed to DeLay, her tweet makes it seems as if it is the rank and file employees that are causing the delay. It isn't the USPS that is the problem, Ms. Collins. It is that NASTY man you didn't vote to impeach and all his con artist friends.

She’s pretty sure he learned his lesson though. For fuck’s sake. If she’s re-elected it will be almost as bad as Dotard. She’s a Dotard in her own right. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Helping group together ballots so they’re easily tossed or set ablaze doesn’t feel like help...

Lol no I mean actually submitted to a Friendly polling station for example.  

Them bunched at a random location is what I’m worried about - ie in your post.  

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Closed polling stations, limiting polling station hours, prohibiting people with police records from voting, trying to prevent college youth from voting, f'king up the USPS, actively trying to prohibit early and mail-in voting, prohibiting voter bussing, voter intimidation, can't rule out hacking since they won't secure the friggin machines, voter purges, broken voting machines (machines were broken in places like Detroit and Georgia which made longer lines and prevented voting recalls)--am I missing anything?   Because this is a lot of bullchit to overcome in a wealthy country that deliberately disenfranchises everybody but the Republicans.  Any broken machines or closed polling stations in wealthier or largely suburban Anglo areas?  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

As far as picking up ballots and delivering for people, I imagine that is a state by state law. If you remember that actual voter fraud case in North Carolina a couple of years ago, I believe that gop operative legally picked up and delivered mail in ballots for people. He illegally changed or completed the ballots for people.

i would be on board helping out with an initiative like this Texas. 

As far as picking up ballots and delivering for people, I imagine that is a state by state law. If you remember that actual voter fraud case in North Carolina a couple of years ago, I believe that gop operative legally picked up and delivered mail in ballots for people. He illegally changed or completed the ballots for people.
i would be on board helping out with an initiative like this Texas. 

If it’s not illegal everywhere it should be. While I’m sure you and ChiTown would do great with this initiative, it would be way too easy for Republicans to act like in that actual voter fraud case in NC. What would stop Trumpy “volunteers” from picking up ballots in the cities and destroying them?

We need to find a way to get ballot boxes in places where ballots can be dropped off without USPS, and make sure that everyone can drop their own ballots in those boxes.

Doing the math on the postal service hustle

As one postal worker told me, ballots have one of the shortest supply chains of any piece of mail: it goes from the county election office directly to a local mail processing plant and to the carrier. There are no planes, no movement outside of the county level. It’s just never been a difficult problem to get ballots to the public. And it wouldn’t be a problem now, without deliberate sabotage of the mail system.

Whole link is a scathing but very simple analysis of what's happening

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

jesus fucking christ 

“Outbound slots in neighborhood mailboxes are being locked shut,” Jacob Strouckel, a Eugene resident, told The Oregonian/OregonLive in an email. “We are not just losing access to roadside mail dropboxes, but our convenient neighborhood drop slots. This applies to neighborhoods without individual mailboxes, so we are unable to send outbound mail from our area, without finding a roadside mailbox or risking a trip to the post office.”

Now I guess we have to take that guy at his word, but it certainly seems not good.

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

My guess is "about as much as raising hell over urging a foreign government to investigate your political opponents"

This is the right answer.  Trump and the rest of the GOP care about one thing -- preserving the existing order where old white dudes are ushered to their assigned seats of power.  That's it.  This is their last best chance to establish an American Apartheid to where they will have a preferred societal status even as whites become a voting minority over the next 20 years.

They don't weep for the end of democracy like many of us do.  They weep for the end of America controlled by caucasian men.  They will do anything to preserve that and would rather burn everything down around them than live in a country where they have to compete and share power with women and minorities who are every bit as capable as they are.

In short, the GOP wins, or their world literally ends.  There is not enough time for the pendulum to swing away and back before the opportunity to preserve their world is gone.  Crippling the USPS is very low on the scale of what immoral, unethical and illegal shit they would do to win in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Every day, I am shocked at how bad things are getting....and how little power and will the D's have to resist the fall of the republic. 

What shocks me is how easily Mitch and Senate R’s avoid daily public scrutiny and accountability for enabling the unfolding destruction.

• Hook 'Em 1