2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

This will be good for Texas:

Huge news, Horncyclist! It's Rob w/PxP, and I wanted to let you know we just added a Calling Texas: The Last Mile Phone Bank with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez! AOC will join Beto on Sun. at 6:30CT. I know you don't want to miss this! Can we count on you to join them?

Beto's doing work. Would be awesome if he brought Texas home on election night. It gets called around 10 pm and can go ahead and celebrate.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Here’s the thing, if you look at Trump’s polling objectively, he’s not just losing, he’s getting his shit pushed in. At this point in the race, only Adlai Stevenson(1956), Barry Goldwater, George McGovern, Walter Mondale, Dukakis, and Bob Dole were doing similar or worse. All of those races were considered laughers at this point, and the trailing candidate was getting a loser edit from the media.

But because of 2016, the race is being covered as a horse race.  It’s not to say Trump can’t/won’t win, but by historical standards, he and the party are on their way to getting wrecked.

all i know is if i wanted to win, i would sure as hell rather be in Biden's current position than Trump's heading into these final three days. texags is in denial, but what else is new  🤣

So that’s the angle. It started in the last debate. Money. Trump chose to run a principled campaign in which he didn’t solicit or accept money from questionable sources. He isn’t and wouldn’t be bought. 
Biden campaign’s financial largesse proves that he’s been bought and paid for. The great opportunity to make America great again has failed because...his friend gave money to his opponent. 

11 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Doom O' Clock

I don’t even know if they know which votes were drive through and which are regular in person. I voted drive through but when you look at the online database it just says I voted in person. We used the same voting machines that we always use for in person voting too.

It’d be really funny if this hack ordered all the drive through votes thrown out but it turned out to be impossible to actually do.

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don’t even know if they know which votes were drive through and which are regular in person. I voted drive through but when you look at the online database it just says I voted in person. We used the same voting machines that we always use for in person voting too.

It’d be really funny if this hack ordered all the drive through votes thrown out but it turned out to be impossible to actually do.

Well the obvious and only remedy is to throw out all of the early in person votes, just to be sure. /trump lawyers probably 

wait, will drive through voting be a thing on Tuesday or was it only for early voting?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm considering intervening. My wife and voted drive through. Any other people, particularly attorneys, interested? This is fucking absurd. How would I even protect my interest at this point, vote a provisional ballot on election day? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm considering intervening. My wife and voted drive through. Any other people, particularly attorneys, interested? This is fucking absurd. How would I even protect my interest at this point, vote a provisional ballot on election day? 

This situation is exactly why the two-party GO TEAM GO style of modern politics is the major problem. This situation shouldn't be Republican versus Democrat, it should be viewed as citizen versus government.

The people who used Harris County drive-thru voting followed the voting instructions given to them by State of Texas government employees in order to cast their vote. The fact that Harris County leadership is Democratic while State of Texas leadership is Republican does not change that fact.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's not getting AZ and NC and PA are close as hell.  I don't want to say TX is going to go blue, but it's not impossible.  Fuck Florida.

I think that we can all agree that "fuck florida" is always an appropriate conclusion, regardless of the topic of discussion.

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, Texas Republicans just love local control and small government until it means they might lose power. 

Not just Texas.  Republicans everywhere are that way.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Not for state crimes my friend.

Trump and his supporters are going to get an incredibly awkward lesson in Federalism/Local Control/Jurisdictional Relevance/State Crimes and Misdemeanors in January.  

You will not be saved by Mike Pence, you will not be saved by the Supreme Court, you will not be saved by the Constitution. 

In fact...you will not be saved at all.  

(happy halloween cocksuckers) 

45 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, Texas Republicans just love local control and small government until it means they might lose power. 

Republicans in general seemed so much more enthusiastic about bringing democracy to Iraq than protecting it in the US. If course it has proven to be as insincere as claims of being fiscally conservative, compassionate, and guardians of marriage's sanctity. 

1 hour ago, Calihorn said:

Doom O' Clock

30 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@immamacthis is our concern, dude

You wouldn't have to go back many pages to find my late evening morose posts about the judges across the nation in Republican heavy states being eager to help out. It worked in Florida so of course they have expanded their playbook to include ways to cheat instead of to support voting rights. It's their brand.

Also, I specifically waited to vote until the first week of the 'old' early voting period because I did not trust a single Republican, when given a chance, to do the right thing. There is a reason I left the GOP.

Hope the lawyers give them hell and keep those votes. And if the judge throws out the votes and I hope we throw him out too.

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

does anybody know on what grounds? 

It is a bit convoluted. First, they claim drive-through voting violates the state statutes on voting. In particular, Hotze claims that

(1) drive through voting is really curbside voting under state law;

(2) voters have to fill out an application stating a disability in order to qualify for curbside voting.

(3) Harris County illegally converted cars into polling places in order to get around statutory limitation on curbside voting.

(4) Equal protection under US Constitution is violated by Harris County's unique application of drive-through voting. The rights of "legitimate" voters such as Hotze are apparently trampled by people like myself "illegally" using drive through voting as supplied by the county. 

This is pretty much all bullshit. 

1) drive through and curbside aren't the same 

2) the application is only for those applying for vote by mail. There is not application required for curbside voting. Election official s are given leeway in implementing curbside voting.

3) Harris County converted tents to polling locations. The cars are in the tents and thus in the polling places. 

4) There is no violation, Hotze is just nakedly attacking the rights of other voters, citing cases meant to protect them. 

• Hook 'Em 3