2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

oh and that PPP poll for the Texas Democratic Party isn't even a likely voter poll or registered voter poll it's just "voting age adults". 

it's trash.

That seems to be the theme of polling in Texas. We don't have any. I think the race is close. Real close. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

he'd be tossing out Donald's vote too.

I was kidding. 

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That seems to be the theme of polling in Texas. We don't have any. I think the race is close. Real close. 

Agreed. I think if the Beto/Cruz election didn't scare the bejeezus out of the Republicans this one just might. The thing I don't understand is how O'Rourke could do so well with Latinos and Biden seems to be doing so poorly (in Texas, that is). Florida makes sense since Cubans have never liked the Democrats much. 

Anyway you are right we aren't getting a whole lot of quality polling here, so a surprise Biden win  in Texas certainly isn't out of the question. 

Edited by The Dog

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

If the Governor had not worked so hard to suppress the drop off locations, it would be an exciting race. With that, I believe some folks will have an insurmountable obstacle to have their vote counted.

Because they can't find a mailbox? They can still mail them unless they procrastinate. The drop off location stuff isn't going to materially affect the election here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, yoladu said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

538 has Biden at an 85% chance right now. Highest yet so far.

(caution: i think 538 had Hilary at 69% chance to win the day on Election Day)

However, the push for early voting this year is not doing Trump any favors. Once could argue a greater percentage of voters voting early in 2016 might have swung the election to Hillary (considering what happened in the last 10 days before Election Day).

Look at the inverse.

In 2016 Trump had a 31% shot on election day,  that is almost 1 in 3

Today, Trump has a 15% shot or 3 out of 20 and the odds are getting worse.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

All it has to do is affect a couple out of every hundred.  

People are determined to vote, and if they feel like Abbott is trying to suppress their vote, which he is, then it might motivate them more.

Almost like the Streisand effect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Loot at the inverse.

In 2016 Trump had a 31% shot on election day,  that is almost 1 in 3

Today, Trump has a 15% shot or 3 out of 20 and the odds are getting worse.

He needs a hit from a .150 hitter versus needing one from a .310 hitter in 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

I know the Twitterati, journos, et al are ripping their eyeballs out over this statement, but this position has merit and is the safe call.  The Barrett confirmation, nor the hearings, have even occurred yet. 

If Trump tries to push this again in a debate, I don't understand why Biden's obvious answer wouldn't be, "Expanding the Supreme Court is not a power given to the chief executive by the constitution. That would be a question to ask a candidate running for the legislative branch and I would hope after being in office for four years the president would have a better handle on high school civics." 

Sure it kind of a disingenuous argument because presidential debates constantly discuss issues that are outside of the actual POTUS powers, but I think it would be enough to make Trump spin out in a live debate and it's technically true.   

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If Trump tries to push this again in a debate, I don't understand why Biden's obvious answer wouldn't be, "Expanding the Supreme Court is not a power given to the chief executive by the constitution. That would be a question to ask a candidate running for the legislative branch and I would hope after being in office for four years the president would have a better handle on high school civics." 

Sure it kind of a disingenuous argument because presidential debates constantly discuss issues that are outside of the actual POTUS powers, but I think it would be enough to make Trump spin out in a live debate and it's technically true.   

i'm sure plenty of people have said exactly what i'm about to, but i didn't keep up with either debate thread.

in response to "are you going to pack the court" the answer is simple. "the fact that this question is even being asked is to act as a distraction for the egregious activity from mitch mcconnell in 2016 and mcconnell, trump, graham and others right now.  they're hoping to have the media ask this question to provide them cover for what they're trying to sneak by the american people.  don't give them that cover."

period. paragraph.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I don't think he blamed Whitmer for the terrorist plot there.  He just said that her comments were "shameful."  

I disagree with him, but it's not as bad as all that (at least in that clip).

But, you're not a suburban woman. That's how it was received. They are blaming her for being so bitchy that it made them want to kill her. All her fault.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Wait, what?

Sorry, am cooking supper. They’re on a roll with rather shoddy behavior regarding women right now. It won’t matter if it is not as specific as your later post- - the optics are poor. Personally I believe the female vote is fairly cemented in and this just puts the capstone on it. 

Rep to those who answered earlier. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The mayor Pete vids on Fox News are great. He comes across as practically pitying the trump campaign.  Nothing like a nice condescending speech. The Fox and friends host doesn’t know what to say other than he wants Pete to shut up for a second so he can end the segment. 

The only thing more painful than a "bless their little hearts" is a gay man's "bless their little hearts." Savage.

I don't think he blamed Whitmer for the terrorist plot there.  He just said that her comments were "shameful."  
I disagree with him, but it's not as bad as all that (at least in that clip).

I think the plea for her to open things up was over the line. When you regurgitate the talking points of the nutcases that we’re out to kill her, that’s severely fucked up.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think the plea for her to open things up was over the line. When you regurgitate the talking points of the nutcases that we’re out to kill her, that’s severely fucked up.

You know it’s messed up when you cannot tell the difference between your President on medication or not. 

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump should be able to take Texas for granted, but he’s imploring his supporters to get to the polls.  He may be winning, but it’s not big.

My thought as well. If he's taking to Twitter to GOTV in Texas then he's heard some information that made him worry.