2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

22 hours ago, Pancho said:

If you were as progressive as you claim, then you’d understand why you keep having to attend such diversity training programs. 

Hint.  I'm not.   I'm not sure a progressive would ever entertain the idea of going back to the Republican party.

But as an  employment lawyer who started his career with the USDOL, no, I really don't have to attend another diversity training program or an implicit bias class.

Edited by tantric superman

14 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Is Biden hurting himself by dodging the “packing the court”? Question that keeps coming up.

I can’t envision a voter that would have a problem voting for Biden for fear of court packing but would instead vote for Trump and his court packing. Maybe a person would chose not to vote, but I can’t even see that. 

8 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I can’t envision a voter that would have a problem voting for Biden for fear of court packing but would instead vote for Trump and his court packing. Maybe a person would chose not to vote, but I can’t even see that

It's not fear of court packing.  It's lack of wanting to vote for someone who isn't answering a pretty simple question.   It's about low info voters looking for a way to not vote for Biden.

Reconsidering: it’s 83D chess.  He wants to be able to completely dunk on Trumpism afterward by saying we came up with the worst slogan we could and still beat him.

Pres Harris, 2022: “we ran a geriatric, did nothing to campaign until August, then trotted out the most garbage corporate woke speak slogan and still won. That’s how much y’all hated trump, and that gives me faith.  It’s morning in America again”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

It's not fear of court packing.  It's lack of wanting to vote for someone who isn't answering a pretty simple question.   It's about low info voters looking for a way to not vote for Biden.

This is one of the 'outs' I agree. The disingenuous purity test.

McConnell effortlessly lured the media into making it a 'thing.' Not sure why the Democrats walked into the trap as well, but here we are. It's fairly impressive albeit repulsive at how the GOP has subverted representation in order to pack the courts, but that doesn't seem to gain much traction. Always the starting point is ThE DeMocRaTs HavE To AnsWer to THiS!

We're watching the quiet part play out in Texas right now. Why do they wait so long to appoint?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

Biden needs a better answer to the court packing question IMHO-  Here is the answer I would go with, along with a thoroughly indignant tone.

"Court packing? Why should I address a political question about court packing created by the people who ACTUALLY have packed the court? Do you know the GOP while failing to do much of anything for financial relief for those hurting most due to their corona virus incompetence but the US Senate is really, really good at confirming judges rated as completely unqualified to lifetime appointments.  IS it packing a court where you do not nominate ANY africans Americans when filling over 200 vacancies? SO if you are white and completely unqualified in the Trump McConnell Senate you get confirmation.  If you are african American you can't even get to the nominating table.  That my friends is court packing!  

Thank you and I encourage all of you to ask about the complete and total lack of nominating any African American for the bench.  Think of it.  This Trump led GOP could not find a single black judge in all the country that they thought would be good for a lifetime appointment, but white and rated completely unqualified? You get a quick confirmation.  Again that IS court packing!!  Thank you all, I need to get onto my next event."

I would repeat almost this exact answer again and again and again.  I would start to want to hear the question, to turn it to race every single time, and show who really has been packing the court. And why the GOP could not find a single African American in all of the United States they viewed as qualified , but yet they confirm multiple unqualified White candidates?

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 2

Trying to make an issue out of Biden dodging the court packing questions is a hail mary attempt by the GOP and the MSM to make this race more interesting over the next few weeks. I think Joe is handling it well, and I don't think the average voter cares. Crying over a hypothetical while Trump and Republicans are currently fucking this country up the ass is ridiculous. 

Win the fucking election. Win the fucking Senate. And then do whatever the fuck you have to get the courts right. I'll tell you what the fuck we're gonna do after we win. Good move, Joe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

i mean...it's kind of obvious, right? 

if i were supporting Trump and i saw these numbers, and i looked around at the company i was in...it would cause me some serious introspection and self-reflection.

i feel like this site has a large number of college degreed whites that fall into this category. 

not as many as texags, but...well, there you go, take a look at the company you keep. aggy is on your side. congratulations? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, horn4life said:

Biden needs a better answer to the court packing question IMHO-  Here is the answer I would go with, along with a thoroughly indignant tone.

"Court packing? Why should I address a political question about court packing created by the people who ACTUALLY have packed the court? Do you know the GOP while failing to do much of anything for financial relief for those hurting most due to their corona virus incompetence but the US Senate is really, really good at confirming judges rated as completely unqualified to lifetime appointments.  IS it packing a court where you do not nominate ANY africans Americans when filling over 200 vacancies? SO if you are white and completely unqualified in the Trump McConnell Senate you get confirmation.  If you are african American you can't even get to the nominating table.  That my friends is court packing!  

Thank you and I encourage all of you to ask about the complete and total lack of nominating any African American for the bench.  Think of it.  This Trump led GOP could not find a single black judge in all the country that they thought would be good for a lifetime appointment, but white and rated completely unqualified? You get a quick confirmation.  Again that IS court packing!!  Thank you all, I need to get onto my next event."

I would repeat almost this exact answer again and again and again.  I would start to want to hear the question, to turn it to race every single time, and show who really has been packing the court. And why the GOP could not find a single African American in all of the United States they viewed as qualified , but yet they confirm multiple unqualified White candidates?

Plus, it has the added benefit of not answering the question.

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trying to make an issue out of Biden dodging the court packing questions is a hail mary attempt by the GOP and the MSM to make this race more interesting over the next few weeks. I think Joe is handling it well, and I don't think the average voter cares

Given that nobody cares, I'd favor a sharp answer.

8 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Basically dumb vs not.  Sorry to be so blunt, but low education racist whites is what's left for Trump.

The crazy thing is the stereotype is Dems want to raise taxes and GOP lower taxes for the rich.  College educated people undoubtedly have more money than non-college graduates on average, yet the uneducated folks that are clearly on the losing end of the wealth discrepancy in this country are happy to cast their vote for Trump because...

'Merica!!

Fuck your mask!!

You can't take my guns!!

White people rule!!

Actually that last point is probably reason 1-5.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, horn4life said:

This is essentially the answer that Kamala Harris gave to Pence during their debate.