2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Posted this in the Texas Early voting thread, but below is a link where you can see all the states with absentee and early voting stats. Ballots requested, Ballots received, and in some states ballots rejected. Lot of states hovering around 5% total already and 25% of absentee ballots back already

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

and the twitter for more recent updates and commentary

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectProject

9 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I think Biden is going to win, or Trump is going to win by 5-6%, but I can't figure out which one. 

Either there is going to be massive turnout and the weightings the polls are giving for demographics are going to be way off and Biden is going to pull off a stunner, or Trump is going to cruise to a 6% win, which lines up with him being about 3-5% ahead of Hillary.

If I were a gambling man, which I am, I'd bet on Trump +6%. 

Here’s the thing though- if you are right (and I suspect you are but I’d lower it to 4 or 5) Biden’s winning by 5 nationally and winning the electoral college over 300. 

Saw a fun thought that maybe Trump doesn’t have money left since his campaign sent out all those vote by mail apps and ballots, and nobody used them. He said they were fraudulent and those who did sent bullshit back were on prepaid envelopes.

Edited by StassneyHorn

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

MI, WI, MN have already cast 20% of their 2016 votes.

With the way my R friends are bitching about vote by mail, the vast, overwhelming majority of these must be Biden votes, right?

unless vote by mail is another in a long list of items that Rs rail against publicly but then do in private, like have gay sex or get abortions. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Election Day will be important - beware of the Red Mirage and Trump attempting to claim victory due to delays in counting mail-in votes. Trump will be alleging mail in ballots are fraudulent and the Repubs have an army of lawyers attempting to block counting of mail in votes.

image.png.c8a275ce3af3e1b53b4a8b41ac81b5c3.png

This is the nightmare scenario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

For now I think Texas end up +3 for Trump.  Which sets it up to really be in play in 2024

I want to believe this, but after spending the last 10 days with 2016 trump voting in laws turned Biden “voters”, I really think there are a lot of texans that may turn for Biden this year (or not vote) that will immediately run back to their R masters once the Dotard is gone. They don’t see the overall picture. It’s a one man problem to them. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I want to believe this, but after spending the last 10 days with 2016 trump voting in laws turned Biden “voters”, I really think there are a lot of texans that may turn for Biden this year (or not vote) that will immediately run back to their R masters once the Dotard is gone. They don’t see the overall picture. It’s a one man problem to them. 

Baby steps

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Dude, if the Republican Party is purged I might go back to them.  I'm as progressive as the next guy but if I have to  attend one more fucking diversity training program I'm gonna hit someone upside the head.

Meetings are a beating. This is known.

Have another donut. Tahoe has a penance to pay. He has nineteen more of these. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/321650/gallup-election-2020-coverage.aspx

so- I’m on record as not trusting Gallup to tell me 90% of 7 year olds like ice cream. But... 56% of voters say better off than 4 year ago thats, interesting...

Were it not for COVID I think this would be relevant, but Trump's response and his administration getting it is a game changer. Had COVID not occurred I think he gets re-elected fairly easily. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/321650/gallup-election-2020-coverage.aspx

so- I’m on record as not trusting Gallup to tell me 90% of 7 year olds like ice cream. But... 56% of voters say better off than 4 year ago thats, interesting...

Well, yeah, we gave people money, and put the debt on a credit card.   Fuck 10-20 years from now.... you know the things that the GOP has lied for 50 years about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Ted Lange said:

Well, yeah, we gave people money, and put the debt on a credit card.   Fuck 10-20 years from now.... you know the things that the GOP has lied for 50 years about. 

That’s not really the point of what I’m saying though, it’s just odd to see that number coupled with Trump down 10 points. It’s a testament to how absurdly loathsome he is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s not really the point of what I’m saying though, it’s just odd to see that number coupled with Trump down 10 points. It’s a testament to how absurdly loathsome he is. 

Understand.   It just irks the shit out of me that Kamala or Biden never bring this up, when Trump or Pence talk about their tax cuts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/09/biden-nevada-surprise-loss-428366

Biden moves to stave off surprise loss in Nevada

The Trump campaign is making a run at the Western state after barely losing it in 2016.

Could Nevada be the Michigan of 2020 — a state Democrats figured they had in the bag but that unexpectedly goes for Donald Trump?

One particular stat about the state has troubled Democrats all cycle: Hillary Clinton won it by less than she lost Arizona, the neighboring battleground. Guarding against any overconfidence, Joe Biden is visiting Nevada during his Western swing on Friday. 

Biden leads Donald Trump in Nevada by an average of 7 points, but the state hasn’t received much attention and Democrats are relieved Biden is traveling there. Many Latinos within the party have warned that Biden can’t take the state for granted. Despite his fundraising advantage, Biden is poised to spend $2.3 million on TV in the state between now and Election Day, compared with $3.2 million for Trump, according to media tracker Advertising Analytics. (Trump is spending nothing on Spanish-language in Nevada, compared with $200,000 by Biden.)

Biden is spending more in Arizona: Two weeks in a row, he’s dropped more in the enormous Phoenix media market than in any other market in the country. Democratic Latino pollsters and outside groups have been wary of a rightward lurch in the Silver State. In September, the Cook Political Report moved Nevada from “likely Democrat” to “lean Democrat.

Latino voters: So far, Trump hasn’t crossed the 30 percent threshold with Latino voters in Nevada, a key marker that Democrats hope will prevent him from securing an upset in the state. 

A recent poll from Latino-run Democratic firm Equis Research showed Trump at 26 percent among Latinos, the same as in late August. Meanwhile, Biden runs slightly ahead of Clinton’s final number, nabbing 62 percent support with the key demographic. To keep Trump below that threshold, outside groups are dropping more cash into the state. This week, Somos PAC launched $1 million in TV and radio Spanish-language buys aimed at reintroducing Biden to Latinos, covering his family history and time as vice president. 

“The thing about Nevada is that we just haven't seen as much focus or interest in the state as we saw in 2016,” said Melissa Morales, president of Somos PAC.Chuck Rocha, former adviser to Bernie Sanders, who ran the senator’s Latino outreach that led to a victory in the primary, is trying to engage the younger Latinos who powered Sanders’ win. 

An ad from his Nuestro PAC features Latinos who voted for Sanders in the primary and are now behind Biden, citing his climate change and student debt proposals. Geoconda Arguello-Kline, secretary treasurer of the Culinary Union, said more than 200 of her members are canvassing neighborhoods to drive turnout and help voters understand changes in voting options. 

Trump’s move: The president’s campaign is making a run at Nevada. Trump visited the state in September and Vice President Mike Pence held a rally there on Thursday, a day after his debate against Sen. Kamala Harris in neighboring Utah. At the rally on Thursday, Pence touted the administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, claiming they saved “countless American lives.” Trump contracted the virus last week and the country’s death toll has topped 211,000.

The pandemic has hit Nevada particularly hard with tourism down and unemployment at one of the highest rates in the country.  But Trump’s team sees room for growth, given the close outcome in 2016 when he lost by 2.4 points. Republicans have targeted Mormon voters in the state, hoping to win back those who rejected him in greater numbers than prior Republican candidates. Nevada and Arizona are home to more than half a million members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

A New York Times-Siena College poll this week gave Trump a slight edge among voters over 65 and showed most of his support coming from Reno and rural parts of the state. Biden led overall in the poll, 48 to 42 points.

On defense: On Friday, Biden will visit East Las Vegas, which is home to a large number of Latinos, and will deliver remarks at a drive-in car event at a second stop in the city. Biden’s campaign has also focused on digital outreach and partnering with influencers on social media in Nevada to reach younger Latinos. 

“Nevada is always a battleground,” a Biden adviser said on call with reporters this week.

“We take nothing for granted. That's why the vice president is going there.” 

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

seems like that article could be written about 15 different states.  "biden leads here by about 6, which is what hillary led by in 2016 in the midwest then lost.  therefore, this state is a risk."  the only fact in there unique is that pence just held a rally there.

Except people don’t loathe Joe like Hillary and there is no GARY JOHNSON and Trump has a horrible record to run on. 

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Except people don’t loathe Joe like Hillary and there is no GARY JOHNSON and Trump has a horrible record to run on. 

Ehh, I dunno about that. All the usuals I know who vote 3rd party because they're woke and definitely not because it's the trrendy thing to do (and they definitely don't let you know via all their social media platforms they belong to) seem to be all aboard the Jo Jorgenson train this year. 

Edited by Hmbre97

Maybe in this thread there was talk about a threatening letter that was sent to people who had Biden/Harris signs. Since I live in a Trumpy area, our family decided to stay out of the sign support especially due to some other behaviors we had witnessed. Sad, but these are the times. Anyway, here's another one. Secret Service got involved:

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Maybe in this thread there was talk about a threatening letter that was sent to people who had Biden/Harris signs. Since I live in a Trumpy area, our family decided to stay out of the sign support especially due to some other behaviors we had witnessed. Sad, but these are the times. Anyway, here's another one. Secret Service got involved:

This is why I don’t put a lot of stock in the whole “I see more Trump signs than Biden”.  There is a huge disincentive for Biden supporters to put out signs given the number of batshit crazy maga supporters.  I am not going to make my house a target for these fuckheads either.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Clearly the work of radical left BLMantifa extremists tearing apart our cities

This is why I don’t put a lot of stock in the whole “I see more Trump signs than Biden”.  There is a huge disincentive for Biden supporters to put out signs given the number of batshit crazy maga supporters.  I am not going to make my house a target for these fuckheads either.
I lurk on these boards often because of the soccer talk, but my wife and I were near Hilton Head this afternoon and drove past a Biden gathering where Joe Cunningham and a few other local candidates gave short speeches before driving around with flags and such. About midway through, this truck drives through with this lady hanging out the passenger window yelling 'Trump Train' and honking their horns before speeding off. For a second I thought it was going to escalate but then they drove off. I'd love to put a Biden sign in my yard or car but who knows what some maga would do.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk