2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

In light of Trump, Nixon--not really as awful as you thought?

both were criminals and surrounded themselves with criminals, so it's hard to say.  i'll ask this though - did nixon spend his entire presidency working on getting reelected?  i know he spent a lot of time doing it, and worrying about it, and sabotaging others to ensure it, but if he spent 5 minutes a day doing anything else, then he's a better president than trump. 

i honestly have no idea what trump would do in a second term, and i'm happy that i'll never find out.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

@Wulaw Horn can we go ahead and start bitching about Ramey and Coleman hogging the ball then tossing it out to GBIII as he has to get off an foot 3 pointer with the shot clock buzzing?

I wouldn’t even know where to start the bitching. Shaka has done something I wouldn’t have thought possible and that’s make me indifferent to college hoops. I’ve been running ncaa brackets since I was 6 years old and learned how to read and write. The last two years I’m completely numb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, yoladu said:

do you think the Trump campaign has internal polling that says these super spreader rallies are not a good look and are not winning over the folks he needs to win over?

Yes.

Secondly, do you think they have told the president that?

A bunch.

Lastly, do you think they have told the president that, but he told them to fuck off, saying he knows better than anyone how to win elections.

One hundred percent chance of it. 

(or is my entire conjecture erroneous? these rallies are just what Trump needs to make up ground in the next 3 weeks and shoot the inside electoral straight. Over at Texags land, they say the size of these rallies show that there is only enthusiasm for Trump, and zero for Biden. The polls are wrong again they say, just like they were in 2016)

It's all about feeding his ego. They don't last long if they tell him he's wrong. 

Should I be slamming a sixer of tall boys while plowing through blunts on the first day of early voting? I’m not sure. That’s up to fictional god to decide. But for the first time in awhile, I can say I’m proud to be a Texan. I’ve always been proud to be a Longhorn, but aggy and tech and Baylor and cougar high....but god damn. If us “liberal elites” can hand Texas to Biden, I’ll throw my horns up and say I’m god damn proud to be a Texan. What starts here changed the world. No, [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention], you and garage like aggy and Chance Mock need to bathe in the fucking shit you stupid mother fuckers have caused. You too, [mention=354]slorch[/mention]
[mention=5267]Wulaw Horn[/mention] sorry buddy, you as well. Fuck you people for making our great state and our great university(sorry, [mention=354]slorch[/mention]) look like shit cause y’all are stuck in the 1800’s. Seriously. Go fuck yourselves! You pieces of shit led us to where we are. Now shut the fuck up and sit the next 40 years out. We gotta fix y’all’s astronomical fuck ups
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I wouldn’t even know where to start the bitching. Shaka has done something I wouldn’t have thought possible and that’s make me indifferent to college hoops. I’ve been running ncaa brackets since I was 6 years old and learned how to read and write. The last two years I’m completely numb. 

Fucking unreal. Shit I’m numb to both football and basketball. I still and always will take pride in our baseball program. Put up or shut up this spring, Pierce. Love ya buddy but host or GTFO. See ya at the drum, buddy!

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

stay thirsty my friend.  

I never talk about you, and you call me out twice in a conversation in which I have not participated.   LOlz.

Hate on me all you want, for simply disagreeing on some politics.  IRL, I can assure you, my views on life, as well as my life decisions are not part of the problem.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back though.

I call you out cause you’re very loud, very obnoxious and very wrong. On like everything. It’s pretty astonishing. And you’ve been doing this since like 2002. Yeah. Slorch’d is a term for a reason. You are the ultimate tech grad. Just so mediocre but think you have it all figured it out. Tell us about your perfect parenting and how the 08 game was called fairly. You’re such an easy target you hardly fucking realize it. Which, honestly, makes for great entertainment on a message board. But when you step back and realize people like you exist and have the right to vote, it gets a tad bit terrifying. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I call you out cause you’re very loud, very obnoxious and very wrong. On like everything. It’s pretty astonishing. And you’ve been doing this since like 2002. Yeah. Slorch’d is a term for a reason. You are the ultimate tech grad. Just so mediocre but think you have it all figured it out. Tell us about your perfect parenting and how the 08 game was called fairly. You’re such an easy target you hardly fucking realize it. Which, honestly, makes for great entertainment on a message board. But when you step back and realize people like you exist and have the right to vote, it gets a tad bit terrifying. 

Haha.  Love ya man   Never realized I was such a threat.

The idiots on here go after my school and my kids when they have nothing else.   So high brow of ya enlightened folks...

That is seriously the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Rent free and shit...

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

The idiots on here go after my school and my kids when they have nothing else.   So high brow of ya enlightened folks...

That is seriously the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Rent free and shit...

Ohhhhh I wouldn’t call it rent free. More like legitimately concerned. We’re here to help, buddy. We’re all Texans and Americans here. Besides @ztejas  think that dude got some nazi doctor experiments on him. But really, whatever lack of education you got in west Texas, we can easily and happily fill you in on. Just let go of your arrogance and stubbornness and let us educate you. Wait. No. The Longhorn community has been trying that since hornfans. But there’s still hope!!! We’re here for ya, bud!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ohhhhh I wouldn’t call it rent free. More like legitimately concerned. We’re here to help, buddy. We’re all Texans and Americans here. Besides @ztejas  think that dude got some nazi doctor experiments on him. But really, whatever lack of education you got in west Texas, we can easily and happily fill you in on. Just let go of your arrogance and stubbornness and let us educate you. Wait. No. The Longhorn community has been trying that since hornfans. But there’s still hope!!! We’re here for ya, bud!

and I am looking to you for help on what?  making better life decisions?

I share mine on here, to a fault.  How many of you motherfuckers just change professors or pod-casts when you need new ideas?   LOLz.

I've said on here many times, I'll compare notes/ outcomes/ circumstances with anyone.   probably some on here with tougher lives, but not very fucking many.

my results are out there...defying all of the doom and gloom.  That's scary.  I get that...

I need to look more to Washington DC for solutions, right?    LOLz.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

and I am looking to you for help on what?  making better life decisions?

I share mine on here, to a fault.  How many of you motherfuckers just change professors or pod-casts when you need new ideas?   LOLz.

I've said on here many times, I'll compare notes/ outcomes/ circumstances with anyone.   probably some on here with tougher lives, but not very fucking many.

my results are out there...defying all of the doom and gloom.  That's scary.  I get that...

I need to look more to Washington DC for solutions, right?    LOLz.

christian bale joker GIF

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I sure wish we had straight-ticket voting.  Because, although I have never voted straight ticket in my life, I would take great pleasure in "pulling the donkey lever" this year.

I voted for several Republican judges because 1) they looked more qualified and 2) they didn't look Trumpy.

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

Shouldn't you be busy watching your baseball team getting buttfucked right now?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I voted for several Republican judges because 1) they looked more qualified and 2) they didn't look Trumpy.

I never insert myself into these threads (I mean shit, I don't even read them) but I figure I might as well try and be a good American and as informed as I can be. Not that I'm expecting an objective response here. And I would assume most people here have made their minds up on me already so fuck it. 

I haven't even looked into the ballot (Travis county). I'm voting for Biden because it seems like that's who America wants in the WH. Plus, Trump's inaction on climate change is basically unforgivable for me. Not that I expect Biden to really do anything, either, but I can hope.

Besides that, assuming I'm not voting straight ticket dem and you aren't changing my mind, which Rs on the ballot would y'all avoid like the plague and should a social-liberal fiscal-conservative moderate (or something like that) stay away from? 

I'm being serious here, so you can troll me or tell me to fuck off or whatever, but I will honestly consider what I hear and it may affect my voting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You shouldn’t have done that. If they’re republican, they’re Trumpy. I practice in front of essentially all of them. For my entire life, I’ve urged people to split their ticket for judicial races. We can’t do that anymore. The GOP cannot have any hope of fixing itself until it is repudiated as poison across the board.

Again, I’ve been voting for 30 years, and have always split tickets. No more. Not now.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I never insert myself into these threads (I mean shit, I don't even read them) but I figure I might as well try and be a good American and as informed as I can be. Not that I'm expecting an objective response here. And I would assume most people here have made their minds up on me already so fuck it. 
I haven't even looked into the ballot (Travis county). I'm voting for Biden because it seems like that's who America wants in the WH. Plus, Trump's inaction on climate change is basically unforgivable for me. Not that I expect Biden to really do anything, either, but I can hope.
Besides that, assuming I'm not voting straight ticket dem and you aren't changing my mind, which Rs on the ballot would y'all avoid like the plague and should a social-liberal fiscal-conservative moderate (or something like that) stay away from? 
I'm being serious here, so you can troll me or tell me to fuck off or whatever, but I will honestly consider what I hear and it may affect my voting. 

If you care about climate change, you definitely want to vote for Casteneda for Railroad Commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think you have to judge Presidents in contrast to others who held that office.  Who would you rather have, Obama or

W?

Clinton?

GHW Bush?

Reagan?

Carter?

Ford?

Nixon?

LBJ?

Kennedy?

I think Obama comes out real high on those measures.  Clinton might have been more intelligent, but clearly lacked the moral compass.  W was a dumbass and a puppet for evil men.  GHWB had the federal chops, but he had his own issues in terms of policy.  Reagan?  Get the fuck out of here.  Carter?  Great man, terribly ineffective.  Ford?  Hard to judge, pretty much "eh".  Nixon?  Well, that's obvious.  I think it's LBJ and Kennedy who give Obama a run for his money or topped him, and they fell short in some areas, too (Viet Nam, #cough).

I don't think Obama was "mediocre", in the context of other Presidents.  He was higher than that.

Obama should at least get credit for sitting at the Resolute Desk while the economic recovery organically happened.

You shouldn’t have done that. If they’re republican, they’re Trumpy. I practice in front of essentially all of them. For my entire life, I’ve urged people to split their ticket for judicial races. We can’t do that anymore. The GOP cannot have any hope of fixing itself until it is repudiated as poison across the board.

Again, I’ve been voting for 30 years, and have always split tickets. No more. Not now.
Blame Janet Hale.

11 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

The way the scam is gonna work is they are gonna vote (mail or early), then large groups of them will get in line at dem heavy places to ask time consuming questions or ask for “verification of my vote” at dem heavy voting precent to clog shit up.  They will be out in full force on election day.

If only there was a way to avoid this conspiracy and vote via a mail ballot.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

This idiot usually focus on your moronic and tiresome "bootstraps" shtick. 

He’s Jonah from veep. Too stupid to realize he’s used for his own stupidity. I didn’t attack his fucking kids. I attacked his arrogance of how perfect of a parent he claims to be and how fucking obnoxious he is. So, typical tech republican 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hillary beat Trump by over 160,000 votes in Harris County in  2016. 
What do you think Biden's margin will look like this year? I think 250k+ is a given. Could it get to 400k? 500k? 
I really don't think Texas will be called early on election night. It's gonna be close enough that it will get a lot of coverage as the night goes on. 

Can’t wait. I’m making popcorn for it!!

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well, I mean, you did go Austin high....

Don’t worry buddy. We gotcha 

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Meh, I was correct that Clinton had no shot in Texas. Still know the long shot was calculated correctly. 

While bringing up veep references, I’ve always read your stat nerd posts in Kent Davidson’s voice(Gary Cole). Adds another level to how hard you can stat nerd. tipping derek jeter GIF

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Trump's inaction on climate change is basically unforgivable for me. Not that I expect Biden to really do anything, either, but I can hope.

The lack of climate change action is due to Mcconnell in the US Senate. If the Senate takes passes climate change legislation (cap and trade), Biden will sign it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

both were criminals and surrounded themselves with criminals, so it's hard to say.  i'll ask this though - did nixon spend his entire presidency working on getting reelected?  i know he spent a lot of time doing it, and worrying about it, and sabotaging others to ensure it, but if he spent 5 minutes a day doing anything else, then he's a better president than trump. 

i honestly have no idea what trump would do in a second term, and i'm happy that i'll never find out.

It’s anecdotal, but here’s how I know Nixon was 5x times better than Trump, at least. I was born after he was in office, so I didn’t live through it. But just through the years I can at least cite something Nixon did that stands as a signature achievement while in office. Or at the very least something hes credited with in a short sentence snippet. Reagan? Ended the Cold War. LBJ? Civil Rights. Nixon? Opened the trade door to China. 

Whats Trump’s signature moment? A tax cut for the rich? Wank. Normalizing racism? Eh.....Nixon was a piece of shit criminal and a horrible person. But I’d argue he at least know HOW to be president if he wanted to, unlike fuckface. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm on this train except for our Travis County commissioner.  Voting for one R this cycle.

Voted yesterday in East Dallas. I showed up at 9:06am and it took me an hour twenty to get through the line. At first they only had one of 6 ID machines working, so the people who lined up at 6:30am had to wait two hours. By the time I got to the front of the line all six were working and the line was moving at a pretty good clip. Felt fucking awesome to vote D from Pres to dog catcher.

Also saw the first one of these in the hood yesterday while out walking the dogs:
370d25d355dfc47b9c14cc724b0637a6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

In case you were wondering if it’s over- they are “unskewing” the polls on red state. 

Holy shit 

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/10/13/here-are-the-metrics-that-show-trump-has-a-lock-on-the-election/

Mainstream media have been trumpeting a lot of the polls being for Joe Biden.

We’ve pointed out the problems of some of those polls and how there are the other polls, like the Democracy Institute poll, that find President Donald Trump ahead because they’re measuring likely voters not registered voters and they aren’t oversampling Democrats. Most are also not measuring things like the shy Trump voter or that the youth vote is again unlikely to come out in greater numbers.

But what’s missing in a lot of the discourse is that the measures apart from MSM national polls by which you judge whether a president will be reelected are all for Trump.

First there’s no indication of a youth voter surge, that’s bad for the Democrats who poll much higher with the young than other age groups.

As I already wrote about, Trump has a 51% approval rating from Zogby.

Gallup has found whenever the incumbent has over 50%, he’s reelected.

Gallup also found that 56% Americans thought they were better off now than four years ago under Barack Obama and Joe Biden. A reporter asked Joe Biden about that, he got snippy and said that if people thought that they didn’t have to vote for him and that their memories were somehow wrong.

The important thing to note? How high that number is for Trump and that all the prior president in 2012, 2004, 1992, 1984 who even had lower numbers were reelected.

David Chapman did a great Twitter thread of some of the other historical measures.

From Townhall:

“[N]o incumbent who has received at least 75% of the primary vote has lost re-election. Donald Trump received 94% of the primary vote, which is the 4th highest all-time. Higher than Eisenhower, Nixon, Clinton, and Obama.”

Oh, and it gets better.

“Three times in history America has faced a pandemic, recession, and civil unrest during an election year. The incumbent party is 3-0 in those elections,”

This tallies with the Helmut Norpoth prediction model that cites the importance of the primary numbers and also predicts a Trump win. People came out in droves for Trump in the primary when they didn’t even have to.

Want more? There’s more.

Every candidate who has led in voter enthusiasm since 1988 has won. Trump not only leads in voter enthusiasm, he leads by a lot, a 19 point enthusiasm gap.

Here’s another interesting measure Chapman observes, that no one who has ever served more than 15 years in the Senate has won. Joe was there for almost 40 years.

So we’ll see soon, but a whole lot of history would have to go south for all these measures to fail. That’s looking pretty good for Trump.

lmao

Nixon was way better than trump but that’s a low bar.
Clinton was actually pretty good but nowhere near great, same as Obama and GHWB.
W was an awful president but a good dude. He never really wanted it anyway.  
Reagan was terrible but terribly effective. 
LBJ was great except oh yeah that whole Vietnam thing. Kind of takes the shine off. 
Basically we haven’t had a great president since FDR. Quite the drought. 
I'd argue Ike and Truman were on the low part of good
Eisenhower would be a Mount Rushmore level president if not for his mixed record on civil rights.

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Shouldn't you be busy watching your baseball team getting buttfucked right now?

Sure.   Weird thing happened along the way.... Altuve forgot how to throw and someone in this thread decided to start shit with me for no reason at all.

Now back to your buttfucking and reacharounds on this thread.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Like many others here it's time to take the trash out. Let me preface this by saying excuse my french.

It's time for us to let America know that we aren't taking this lying, cheating, irresponsible Authoritarian bullshit. Anyone who even turned somewhat of a blind eye to this buffoonery can get fucked right off. Four years ago many of us didn't vote for Hillary Clinton because we thought she was the devil. Who fucking knew?

It shouldn't just be climate change for you, it's about voter suppression. It's about the ACA and taking away pre existing conditions even though you have no(and have not for 4 years) no healthcare plan of your own. It's about the grandstanding. The mismanagement of information leading to 210,000 dead Americans. It's about mocking them everyday. It's about the divisiveness. It's about the fear mongering. It's about being dumb enough to think the American people don't know the difference between an executive order and actual written into law policy. It's about Military spending. It's about tax cuts. It's about socialism for big corps and none for the people.

But mostly it's about letting the world know that The United States of America WILL NOT HAVE A FUCKING CLOWN AS A FACE OF THE FRANCHISE.

Period.

And anyone who was even remotely responsible for enabling this clown can get it. I personally wish my vote was the last step off the plank for the lot of them.

Yep. It’s been pretty embarrassing being an American the last 20ish years. Remember in the mid 2000’s when we ranked like 27th globally in education and everyone laughed and just kinda moved on? Yeah that bit us in the ass pretty fucking hard. 8 years of stupid shit being poured out of W’s mouth was fucking embarrassing. Then after 8 years of a constitutional law professor this moronic fucking country rallied behind the worst fucking salesman of all fucking time. Just.....how? Mother fucking how did this happen!?!?

• Rage+1 1