2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, MidTexHorn said:

Agreed. They shouldn't give the Dems a rubber stamp. Make them earn the support, in ways they haven't in the past.

Well we only had the power to pass anything for two years over a decade ago and we passed the health care thing. Did that not help anybody?

But maybe they are upset about more state and local government issues.

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point.  But FL has a massive about of NPA.   With all the focus on D but R - is the insight in Florida that "D" and "R" is expected to break down by party lines close to unanimously while "NPA" leans a certain way (depending on area in FL).  I'm sure there is data out there for those that pay closer attention but it seems difficult to get a good read on Florida based on numbers I see posted unless you can accurately project within a few points the NPA vote breakdown.

38 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Looks like by registration Nevada is running a little bit behind 2016. But that doesn't account for any Rs or Indies that have crossed over to Biden.

Very slight doom but probably not much to worry about.

fuck. I was feeling good but doom is back on the menu

Chuckling because that is EXACTLY the plan the my daughter and her friends have for tonight in Montreal.  A small gathering (they are on a semi-lockdown again) of two americans, and the rest Canadians and French, and they are going full-Canada for snacks -- ketchup potato chips, poutine.  And vodka.  Lots of vodka.

Time for some Black Label, the Canadian Natty Light.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Pennsylvania already received millions of mail in ballots before election day. Surely they already have counted them right?

No. By law they weren't allowed to start counting those until today, and for some reason a bunch of the suburban/rural counties have said they're not even going to bother with them until tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

This would be huge. Montgomery County was Clinton +21 in 2016.

Bucks County is more of a swing district that went Clinton just +0.7, but it's the type of place Wasserman was talking about seeing major blue shift in district-level polling.

Great googly moogly

25 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Au Pied de Cochon is one of my favorite restaurants in the world in Montreal.

Cosign.  Daughter lives within walking distance, we ate there last year when we dropped her off.  It's amazing.

11 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

This would be huge. Montgomery County was Clinton +21 in 2016.

Bucks County is more of a swing district that went Clinton just +0.7, but it's the type of place Wasserman was talking about seeing major blue shift in district-level polling.

Cousin is an election clerk in Montgomery Cty PA.  Just posted that they're already at 74% turnout, and that was an hour ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

These are not the numbers Trump needs to win Florida. Not even close. He needs to be up near 500K.

Edited to add: The total 2016 margin in those counties missing E-day votes was like 15K votes combined. And given the early turnout, it could reasonably be construed he's probably only getting a net 5K or so from those counties so far on E-Day.

Edited by Longhornmaniac8

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Pennsylvania shows Biden +11 I thought in some poll. Is there any chance the margin after counting tonight could be enough to call the state even before counting absentee?

I've been less worried about PA than most here because of this exactly. Add on the huge turnout in Dem areas that we're seeing on Twitter. There's a chance Biden will be winning by midnight, or at least so very close that a fraudulent mail-in argument would look ridiculous and hold no water.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TexasEd said:

OU game day I have my first State Fair Beer and corn dog around 8:15.  By 11:00 kickoff I've had my 5th beer. And by noon I've had a flask of Weller on top of that and opening the second flask.

My man.  I had 16 beers this year by the end of the 3rd quarter. I spent a couple days in the doghouse after that when my wife got back and saw how sloppy I was.  

12 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Pretty significant, its how Sinema won her seat. I don't know the exact number though.

obviously every state is different, but i have to think there will be more registered r's voting d than vice versa.  and i think it's been polled consistently that npa is breaking for biden.  anyone going strictly by party affiliation returns is in for a surprise, one way or the other.

i guess it's just more significant this year because of the vast early voting.

anecdotally, i found out when i got my ballot that i'm classified as "npa".  so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Re: Nevada

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/the-early-voting-blog-3

Updated, 10:35 AM, 11/3/20

SOS did an update early this AM, bringing in a few hundred rural numbers — these still don't account for mail that came in from Washoe and Clark — so definitely a lag there. But:

GOP ballot lead in the rurals is now 45K. Best-case extrapolation for Trump means that his lead there going into today is about 60K — that would have him getting 70 percent of the votes there, which is possible. That means he would need — assuming there is no major Dem hemorrhaging in Clark and it remains a close race in Washoe — to get at least 80 percent of the votes being cast in the rurals today in order to have a chance.

Quite the needle to thread. And if Biden wins Washoe by even a few points, game over.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I've been less worried about PA than most here because of this exactly. Add on the huge turnout in Dem areas that we're seeing on Twitter. There's a chance Biden will be winning by midnight, or at least so very close that a fraudulent mail-in argument would look ridiculous and hold no water.

I’ve been saying for weeks Trump fucked up because he could be losing Election Day turnout in key states and will start switching messaging that mail in and military votes need to be counted. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I’ve been saying for weeks Trump fucked up because he could be losing Election Day turnout in key states and will start switching messaging that mail in and military votes need to be counted. 

Yep. I laid out a scenario in another thread, which is pretty likely to happen, where Biden will have 270+ at midnight already (WI/MI/AZ), so even in bizarro world where the Supreme Court just says "okay, the election is over at midnight", Trump is fucked anyway. 

Hopefully this is all mental masturbation and Biden just takes Florida and we pop bottles early tonight.