2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

In CNN exit polls, 48% of people said the US is doing well at containing corona. How is that possible? 

George Carlin - Think how stupid the average person is. And half are even stupider than that 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We are all this woman:

Gawdamighty.  Until this assclown, 99.9% of Americans would have had sufficient respect for the office not to flip off the president in his limo at close range.  Let alone a regular-looking kinda chick by herself (as opposed to a bunch of counter-culture types).

Wait, I think I read that wrong.

That’s Hanen’s decision. This is the appeal.

I think.

Damn legalese.

In part of my series on why I hate (generally speaking) lawyers and their jobs part 666:

Why is it this gets heard so quickly and not sent into line and heard in 15 months from now? Why the special treatment? This isn’t a time sensitive criminal case where the accused will flee or be executed, it is a legal case in which the plaintiff has had reasonable opportunity to bring forth a complaint prior to the election but for malicious political reasons chose to wait hoping to nullify votes of legal voters and not present them with an alternative option to revote if the court deems it was problematic.

Wait, I think I read that wrong.

That’s Hanen’s decision. This is the appeal.

I think.

Damn legalese.

In part of my series on why I hate (generally speaking) lawyers and their jobs part 666:

Why is it this gets heard so quickly and not sent into line and heard in 15 months from now? Why the special treatment? This isn’t a time sensitive criminal case where the accused will flee or be executed, it is a legal case in which the plaintiff has had reasonable opportunity to bring forth a complaint prior to the election but for malicious political reasons chose to wait hoping to nullify votes of legal voters and not present them with an alternative option to revote if the court deems it was problematic.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This isn’t a time sensitive criminal case where the accused will flee or be executed,

Those don't really happen.  But the bad-faith delay of Hotzeco has been used against them.  And as Raffi Melkonian points out courts are not favorably disposed toward "emergencies" created by lack of preparation.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. Doom. I had almost forgot what this felt like for a whole 20 fucking minutes. 

There is nothing Doom about this.  Biden has a roughly 100k lead in mail votes in CLark.  Hillary only won Clark by 80k.  R's needed huge turnout on E-day to chip away at that Clark lead.  No evidence yet that it happened.

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

I believe Carville said "Mississippi in the middle"

Incorrect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsyltucky. That link has the actual quote. I'm using the common paraphrase.

Between Paoli and Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is Alabama without the blacks. They didn't film The Deer Hunter there for nothing – the state has the second-highest concentration of NRA members, behind Texas.

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This. I'm repping the hell out of people tonight.

Repping all booze pics like I do on all political gameday threads. Also repping valuable info and things I find funny, which will be probably every post by 10pm.

I think Tree Fiddies can give unlimited rep, right @immamac?

Edited by BradInATX

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is nothing Doom about this.  Biden has a roughly 100k lead in mail votes in CLark.  Hillary only won Clark by 80k.  R's needed huge turnout on E-day to chip away at that Clark lead.  No evidence yet that it happened.

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:
4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
Oh. Doom. I had almost forgot what this felt like for a whole 20 fucking minutes. 

Is this doom though? My reading is that this is e-day turnout. So maybe not enough to overcome dem early voting lead?

I mean, I saw both his comments, but not really super hyped about "This could be interesting" entering the conversation. 

3 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Early voting and the unknown Election Day turnout made it more difficult to assess the strength of the Clark firewall.  This will at least be interesting.  Still confident in NV.

Keep in mind: Mail is still being received, we just aren't seeing it in the numbers. Things will look a lot different when that gets included. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Gawdamighty.  Until this assclown, 99.9% of Americans would have had sufficient respect for the office not to flip off the president in his limo at close range.  Let alone a regular-looking kinda chick by herself (as opposed to a bunch of counter-culture types).

Bullshit.  This country was as much divided during the Bush 2.0 years and definitely during Obama's years.  One side hates the other and vice versa.  There is no peace between our two groups. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Bullshit.  This country was as much divided during the Bush 2.0 years and definitely during Obama's years.  One side hates the other and vice versa.  There is no peace between our two groups. 

You know, for the first time literally in the years of seeing you post just wrongheaded garbage in every post you make on this website, you actually do have a point. I believe that there are millions of folks who would have been thrilled to give Obama the bird...right before they strung him up in a fucking tree. 

Edited by SydneyCarton