Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

11 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Well I just got back from running to the liquor store and stopped at the gas station nearby on montfort. I am walking in to pay cause pay at the pump isn't working and I hear a dude inside raising his voice to someone. I open the door and he is yelling at the clerk who pointed to a sign saying mask must be worn inside all Circle K stores if you are over 10. He starts saying it is illegal and against his rights. I go to this gas station alot and the clerks are good dudes from Jordan. They even told him sir just check out and we understand if you don't agree but it is our policy. He storms out quick and yells "if you were fucking educated you would know better."

Jesus christ dude a fucking mask has you freaking out like this? Then he got in his shitty honda civic and peeled out of the parking lot without a care for the ppl that were walking on the sidewalk. What a fucking douche and if a mask has you this pissed off then please eat a dick 

Would have been great if you or the clerk asked him where it's written that he has the right to be served by a business despite refusing to adhere to said business's policies. And then asked him where his dumb ass was educated. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because prior to the ascendancy of the "muh rights" crowd and imprudent reopening orders, it was less full.

I kind of expected to see a mob scene of unmasked honey boo boos, gun wielding Cletii, and Shelly Luthers in there, but there was not.  Which is why I said that I misunderestimated the impact of the full lot.

Also, the NorthPark parking lot was a lot less full than usual, just another note I left off.

You didn’t answer his question here man. Seriously, why was it disturbing to you that other people were engaging with life at the same level as you?  You are a pretty thoughtful and awesome cat. The way this reads is “fuck all those fuckers that were out doing the same exact thing as me”. I don’t get it. 

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You didn’t answer his question here man. Seriously, why was it disturbing to you that other people were engaging with life at the same level as you?  You are a pretty thoughtful and awesome cat. The way this reads is “fuck all those fuckers that were out doing the same exact thing as me”. I don’t get it. 

You are reaching. I just read it as him being surprised how many people were out. And not everybody is doing the same as him. Some are responsibly going only because they need the essentials. Some are killing time and buying a Diet Mountain Dew. Not sure why his statement raised eyebrows or needs defending. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

You are reaching. I just read it as him being surprised how many people were out. And not everybody is doing the same as him. Some are responsibly going only because they need the essentials. Some are killing time and buying a Diet Mountain Dew. Not sure why his statement raised eyebrows or needs defending. 

It read as pretty condescending to me with the crowd of cletuses being mocked essentially doing the same thing as him. I think he’s an awesome poster and love how he’s overcome his demons and shared those experiences with others. He’s pretty damned remarkable but that read pretty shitty to me. Maybe I read it wrong. 

50 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you have to take a dump in public restroom and you try three different restrooms that are all full with sitters, I bet you'd be more disturbed than appreciative of how neat it is seemingly everyone was simultaneously engaging in shitting. 

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

If you have to take a dump in public restroom and you try three different restrooms that are all full with sitters, I bet you'd be more disturbed than appreciative of how neat it is seemingly everyone was simultaneously engaging in shitting. 

Sure. But I wouldn’t be mad at them for having to take a shit at the same time in the same place as me. 

I save all my ire for people who piss on the toilet seat in public. Those dudes can get fucked with a barbed wire dildo. 

I'm not trying to keep an argument going, but as a simple observation -- anyone who has stayed home (I too haven't gassed up during the pandemic) and has only ventured into a few relatively empty parking lots - might find everything "disturbingly full" once we get back to more normal. 

I was riding my bike to the lake and I have to cross Northwest Highway, and when I got a relatively small whiff of exhaust fumes while waiting at the light, it was overpowering.  I'm was getting accustomed to cleaner air.

Just because I don't completely begrudge other people doesn't mean I don't find it nicer when there are fewer of them around.   It frankly makes me appreciate and observe and enjoy the ones who are around more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I did explain it.  Maybe not very well.

I don't and can't know where all the traffic goes, but to me it is kind of  bad sign of people rushing back to normal, not a conclusive one.  Similarly, when I saw the grocery store parking lot full, I was like "oh hell, here it comes."  But the reality was pretty substantial compliance.  And the store was less crowded that the lot would indicate.

I used the term "disturbing" rather than "pissed me off" or something because it was just a sign that maybe there were a bunch of dipshits in the store.

I expect people to do what I do, some less, some more.  I assume they did so for the last 6-8 weeks.  And the result of that was less traffic and uncrowded parking lots and stores.

I'm just chronicling what I observe.

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

Maybe he was just pissed because pay at the pump wasn’t working. That pisses me right the fuck off too. Especially these days. Or it would, but I think I am on day 87 of the same tank of gas.

Meh, you are driving too much. 

I'm going to buy dirt, compost, and mulch today so y'all can send dark thoughts my way since I'll be at the big box garden center trying to socially distance with one of those big carts. I'll be wearing a mask, but I'm not doing pickup. Those car loaders don't care if there is a hole in the bag and since I don't drive a truck, the tarp only keeps so much from spilling. It's an essential trip only in the sense that if I don't get out and dig around for awhile I may lose it. It would help if there were a blizzard or something, but this weather is taunting us. Or August? I can stay inside in August, no problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I did explain it.  Maybe not very well.

I don't and can't know where all the traffic goes, but to me it is kind of  bad sign of people rushing back to normal, not a conclusive one.  Similarly, when I saw the grocery store parking lot full, I was like "oh hell, here it comes."  But the reality was pretty substantial compliance.  And the store was less crowded that the lot would indicate.

I used the term "disturbing" rather than "pissed me off" or something because it was just a sign that maybe there were a bunch of dipshits in the store.

I expect people to do what I do, some less, some more.  I assume they did so for the last 6-8 weeks.  And the result of that was less traffic and uncrowded parking lots and stores.

I'm just chronicling what I observe.

There is more people on the roads here in Portland. I've been wondering why there is so many since Kate hasn't really opened up the state.

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Filled the car up yesterday.  $23.  I think I was still in college the last time it was that cheap.

I put in 16 gallons the other day for $5.43 with my $1.00 per gallon off at Kroger. Felt like I was stealing. 

13 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

There is more people on the roads here in Portland. I've been wondering why there is so many since Kate hasn't really opened up the state.

People tired of staying in their house indefinitely I imagine. Short of armed guards or constant police enforcement I can’t imagine this trend doesn’t continue. 

Its amazing to me that y’all are like 43rd in deaths and still shut down into July. 

Guest Lobo

That didn’t look anything like a red lobster I’ve ever seen.  What I have seen is a Karen getting upset that somebody grabbed her arms and stretched out the sleeves on her good sweatshirt.  So we can get into battle royales outside restaurants but I’ll be dammed if Jared is gonna let us vote.  

I’d rather get covid-19 then deal with my mother if I showed up to Mother’s Day lunch in a green sweatshirt.  She’d have beat the hell outta me and then asked the manager to slap me Too

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Indicted Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton threatens to sue Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas for, amongst other rona-related measures, mandatory masks in public orders. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05/12/texas-attorney-general-warn-cities-coronavirus/

man, these guys really double down on their karen and larry constituency. do they honestly think that this is going to be a winning long-term strategy? they are all in on those rural ignorant voters. 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

man, these guys really double down on their karen and larry constituency. do they honestly think that this is going to be a winning long-term strategy? they are all in on those rural ignorant voters. 

I have to think most of them are going for one last power grab and then hoping to retire and get away from all of their criminality somehow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I'm just glad we can all go to church this weekend in Texas.

One of the downsides of the pandemic, depending on your outlook, is that I have been listening to Christopher Hitchens' anti-religious rants on youtube every evening. 

If anyone can suggest a good counterweight ranter to Hitchens, let me know, because he's got me convinced/headed to damnation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

One of the downsides of the pandemic, depending on your outlook, is that I have been listening to Christopher Hitchens' anti-religious rants on youtube every evening. 

If anyone can suggest a good counterweight ranter to Hitchens, let me know, because he's got me convinced/headed to damnation. 

Why a counterweight?

And Hitchens isn't even the most persuasive advocate on that side of the "debate." 

28 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Indicted Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton threatens to sue Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas for, amongst other rona-related measures, mandatory masks in public orders. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05/12/texas-attorney-general-warn-cities-coronavirus/

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Bring it you dumb motherfucker.

In addition to showing him their own data that is location specific, perhaps they should show Paxton the statewide data from a month ago:

April 12

New tests: 4000

Positive tests: 13,484

Negative tests: 111,049

Hospitalized patients: 1,338

Deaths: 271

May 11 (May 12 data still being completed by health officials)

New tests: 23,921

Positive tests: 39,869

Negative tests 485,828

Hospitalized patients: 1,725

Deaths: 1,100

23 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

If you’re convinced by Hitchens, I’m afraid you’re a lost cause.

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

And that's why they're doing it: red meat to satiate some pre-election hunger pangs for the simps. 

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This.  This is what I just don't fucking get.

"OPEN EVERYTHING UP!"

To which we actually say "okay, we can do a lot of that.  The main thing we need is for folks to wear a mask when we do so.  If we do that, it looks like we can keep transmission low, and get business moving along at a reasonable pace, striking a good balance."

"NO! NEVER!  FUCK YOU!  NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO! FREEDOM EAGLE FLAG GUN!"

It's fucking surreal

• Like 8

I'm all for opening up, because this shit isn't going away any time soon and businesses need to be allowed to operate. 

But the anti-mask crowd has to be the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I mean, come on. People are already used to it and it will help reduce spread. 

• Like 1

The open up/anti mask group is perfectly consistent: government is bad and can't be allowed to succeed at anything

A huge percentage of them are also motivated by forcing others to suffer as backlash for their own lives not going as they hoped. They have no problem hurting themselves as long as others get hurt even more.

They'll always have a major media voice because they are strong dramatic characters for the storyline.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Another fun game of the red team trying to frustrate or undo anything imposed by the blue team. So childish, counterproductive and wasteful. 

Guest Lobo

Looking back at the video again, particularly the freze-frame at the start.  I'm guessing it's gonna be impossible to get people to wear masks to a restaurant when they don't seem to mind dining at tables covered in bird shit.  And this is not like a waterfront place where some bird poop here and there is the price you pay for lovely views and fresh breezes. 

This is York, PA...15 miles from the nearest navigable body of water.  And it's a strip center, in the front, with an apparent overhand.  To recreate the illusion that you're getting fresh ocean seafood, this place apparently brings in birds at night to shit on the covered strip center tables to make you believe you're dining al fresca on the water. 

Karen's ultimate (and ironic)  "Fuck You" to the Coastal Elites.  I love it.  You go Karen!  This is how we take back 'Murica! 

Edited by Lobo