Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

I was bored today so I looked up a good gas price at a service station.

Local thruway Northwest Highway remains comparatively undertrafficked, although you can tell it has changed from early lockdown days.

Central Expressway, however, and LBJ Freeway were nearly as bad as usual.  This is a recent development.  Seems like a bad sign.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Local thruway Northwest Highway remains comparatively undertrafficked, although you can tell it has changed from early lockdown days.

Central Expressway, however, and LBJ Freeway were nearly as bad as usual.  This is a recent development.  Seems like a bad sign.

It is. 

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well of course Northwest Highway is quiet. The titters are still shut down. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

She was given 25-35 years at birth to live, at best.  They offered to put her in a distant facility.  I'm glad she's turning 51 this year and I'm glad she got to live to see this administration.  Because she can take some solace in the fact that tens of millions of people, without the burden of the extra chromosome slowing them down, are beneath her ability to reason and to love.  

I am a proud and deeply connected Republican, and I am glad that my stunted, retarded sister has millions of Trumpkins to look down upon.  At least she gives a shit about humanity.

Sincere question.  How do you claim to be a "proud republican" and yet deride Trumpkins.  How are they not one in the same.  Look at GOP "leadership" in Texas.  Look at the fuckery with the salon in Dallas.  The GOP is the Tea Party with all of its warts and stupidity.  Any other part of the GOP platform besides Trumpism is dead.  Its cruel, self-serving and just plain stupid on all levels. I would like to know what parts of the party platform you are truly proud of?  Gun Cosplay against LEO? Tax cuts for the wealthy? Kids in cages?  A good christian man as Potus?

I say this as a literal Gary Johnson voter (oh the shame) and former Republican.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Mark Cuban hires army of secret shoppers to gauge Safety Protocol compliance level of Dallas-area businesses after the Abbott opens up state. Not good. Sorry about the format.

http://blogmaverick.com/2020/05/07/i-hired-a-team-of-secret-shoppers-to-find-out-how-businesses-were-opening-in-dallas-its-not-good/

Mark Cuban is a god damn nerd and someone needs to stuff him in a locker. 

• Haha 1

Read an economic analysis today that looked at a few states that had already reopened at least partially: Georgia, Alaska, Ok, and SC. Basically it demonstrated that economic activity had already ground to halt before each governor “closed” the state and that barely budged upwards when the governor started reopening it.

in other words, people are acting wisely and not paying much attention to poor decisions by governors.

• Like 2

Sucks our government is sacrificing service industry workers to force a reopen. I guess the progression of the republicans and trump administration's horrific acts was always bound to get to sacrificing the lives of non military American citizens sooner or later. 

Where does it go from here? How much farther does America fall? Where does this full blown failure of the American democracy experiment lead?

18 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Sucks our government is sacrificing service industry workers to force a reopen. I guess the progression of the republicans and trump administration's horrific acts was always bound to get to sacrificing the lives of non military American citizens sooner or later. 

Where does it go from here? How much farther does America fall? Where does this full blown failure of the American democracy experiment lead?

It falls as far as America continues to support the Republican Party, the right wing media hate machine, and all of their nihilistic ideals base solely on greed. 

It rises again when it chooses to reject them. It reaches the abyss if it continues to support them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ole Kevin got served a big dose of freedom.

I know that he might be talking about different stores, but anyone shopping at the Oak Lawn Whole Foods probably doesn’t spend a lot of time at ghetto stores.

Coworker of mine went into a Braums in collin county to get some milk and saw this. She said after the pic was snapped another 6-8 bubba's walked in and piled on top of the rest and all with zero masks (except that poor employee who is definitely getting infected). 

PHOTO-20200508-204005.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Coworker of mine went into a Braums in collin county to get some milk and saw this. She said after the pic was snapped another 6-8 bubba's walked in and piled on top of the rest and all with zero masks (except that poor employee who is definitely getting infected). 

Like a fish out of water : funny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

unfortunately it's things like this that force people like him to act. I hope he doesn't and seeks help.

There will be a SWAT team parked in front of that office tomorrow.  In a former life, we had a convicted murderer threaten a business I worked for.  I was blown away by the police response.  We had squad cars parked in front of the office for weeks.  It was also my understanding that they had undercover cops tracking his every movement.  

He wasn't even protesting any business being closed. Just having to put on a mask and not be a piece of shit. Nope. Can't do it. The indignation over being asked to have even the slightest consideration and make the most minimal of effort that very well could save someone's life- a someone providing an essential service you couldn't live without- is reason for death threats.

• Like 3

He wasn't even protesting any business being closed. Just having to put on a mask and not be a piece of shit. Nope. Can't do it. The indignation over being asked to have even the slightest consideration and make the most minimal of effort that very well could save someone's life- a someone providing an essential service you couldn't live without- is reason for death threats.

Again, that’s what baffles me. Going all “PATRIOT FREEDOM I’LL SHOOT YOU”....because they’re requiring a mask, a thing that helps protect their employees and other customers, and is literally nothing more than a very minor inconvenience?
I mean...what the fuck? This is as dumb as “YOU MAKE ME WEAR SHOES TO GO INTO YOUR RESTAURANT???? I’M GONNA PATRIOT EAGLE FREEDOM KILL YOU!”
These morons want so badly to be eagle ‘murica freedom fighters that they don’t even bother to pick an issue worth fighting about.
Fuck Kevin. And fuck everyone remotely like him. Wear a mask, or fuck off, you selfish deranged fuck.
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Maybe his breath smells like shit and he just couldn’t take it anymore.  Maybe Kevin is the real victim here...

Probably not.  Fuck Kevin. We are all laughing at you, dumbass.  

• Haha 1

There will be a SWAT team parked in front of that office tomorrow.  In a former life, we had a convicted murderer threaten a business I worked for.  I was blown away by the police response.  We had squad cars parked in front of the office for weeks.  It was also my understanding that they had undercover cops tracking his every movement.  
So literally in shifts?

Creedance tapes?

Guest Lobo
10 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Sincere question.  How do you claim to be a "proud republican" and yet deride Trumpkins.  How are they not one in the same.  Look at GOP "leadership" in Texas.  Look at the fuckery with the salon in Dallas.  The GOP is the Tea Party with all of its warts and stupidity.  Any other part of the GOP platform besides Trumpism is dead.  Its cruel, self-serving and just plain stupid on all levels. I would like to know what parts of the party platform you are truly proud of?  Gun Cosplay against LEO? Tax cuts for the wealthy? Kids in cages?  A good christian man as Potus?

I say this as a literal Gary Johnson voter (oh the shame) and former Republican.

I used to be a member of a large church, I used to be a Republican.  I used to be a Boy Scout.  Then I grew up and left childish proclivities in the past.   

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Took a trip down to Sea Rim SP today...Bought my pass online in advance and arrived around five PM to find the gates locked and nobody in the office...So we just parked outside the gate and walked in and had the entire park to ourselves. I recommend it to anybody. 

Hope you've got a small fire going there. It seems like that'd be a perfect thing to start the day with.

Paraphrasing a Salon column the other day, the Kevins would rather die as maskless warriors than surrender their control and manhood to some invisible virus that's scaring all the liberals. It's a classic fascist trait:

The fascist narrative, Strobl explained, is that "men aren't men anymore, but nervous, urban, overly intellectualized and (here it comes) sickly weaklings.

"Weakness is never worthy of protection and has to be cast out. This is fascism," she continues. The fascist believes that those viewed as "weak" have an obligation to die "without protest for the greater good" and that if "they don't do it, they are weak and the weak drag everyone else down and therefore must be done away with."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Paraphrasing a Salon column the other day, the Kevins would rather die as maskless warriors than surrender their control and manhood to some invisible virus that's scaring all the liberals. It's a classic fascist trait:

Someone who eschews practicality and function in favor of appearances sounds like the epitome of manhood.

• Like 1

The fascist narrative, Strobl explained, is that "men aren't men anymore, but nervous, urban, overly intellectualized and (here it comes) sickly weaklings.

"Weakness is never worthy of protection and has to be cast out. This is fascism," she continues. The fascist believes that those viewed as "weak" have an obligation to die "without protest for the greater good" and that if "they don't do it, they are weak and the weak drag everyone else down and therefore must be done away with."

Sounds like something Danny Goeb would say.

If all of this feels like a particularly effective PR stunt, well, that certainly seems accurate: the GoFundMe campaign—run by a group calling themselves “Woke Patriots”—was created on April 23, one day before Luther reopened her salon. “We researched her and her cause,” campaign organizer Rick Hire wrote on the page, “and decided that we would approach her and offer to support her as our first patriot cause. She accepted our offer.”

I’m going to go Kevin Bain on anyone that calls this fucking fraud the “modern day Rosa Parks”

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Like 1

Strange thing.  I met her lawyer, Warren Norred, some years ago when he was a struggling, starving solo patent lawyer out of Texas Wesleyan.  He was doing just about any legal matter you could think up:  bankruptcy, family, criminal, PI, dog bites, you name it.

Seemed like a decent guy.  Not overtly political, but you kind of never know and when I met him Trump was still hawking steaks.

I noticed that he did a pretty good job representing the Dallas carwash owner that got run out of business by the city simply on the basis of crime stats (they said he had a lot of crime on his premises and labeled him a nuisance, I recall that Norred proved that they deliberately failed to police his premises to inflate the crime stats).

He may be one of these political gadfly lawyers now.  Like Klayman.

17 hours ago, hpslugga said:

I’m fortunate that I have Hispanic in-laws (wife is first gen USA) and would you like to know what drives those maga pussies nuts?

When we speak in Spanish to each other and occasionally glance at them. They very nearly have the kind of reactions against us that they’d wish we were having against them.

Might want to add some open carry to your repertoire. Carry on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, that’s what baffles me. Going all “PATRIOT FREEDOM I’LL SHOOT YOU”....because they’re requiring a mask, a thing that helps protect their employees and other customers, and is literally nothing more than a very minor inconvenience?
I mean...what the fuck? This is as dumb as “YOU MAKE ME WEAR SHOES TO GO INTO YOUR RESTAURANT???? I’M GONNA PATRIOT EAGLE FREEDOM KILL YOU!”
These morons want so badly to be eagle ‘murica freedom fighters that they don’t even bother to pick an issue worth fighting about.
Fuck Kevin. And fuck everyone remotely like him. Wear a mask, or fuck off, you selfish deranged fuck.

Liberty means that he doesn't have to go where he doesn't want to go.

Having rights means a business can operate as it pleases so long as they don't injure anyone and are tolerant of all citizens.

Free speech is a right that allows for expression other than opening fire.

Amid all the controversy about the Constitution's disposition towards gun ownership, pretty much both sides speak of owning them in terms of self-defense.

Kevin defines an anti-American terrorist. Fuck him. I won't hunt him down, but I won't lament should he fall into a garbage grinder.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's because we tolerate lying sacks of shit who only care about maintaining power rather than the welfare of the citizens they govern. 

Hey, journalists, get off your dead asses and run down this story. It's been a political decision not to test; go find the proof. It's not enough to opine about it. Leave the studio and find someone privy to the process who is uncomfortable with it. Do your fucking jobs.

We're ill served by everyone we should be able to trust. Anybody els smell bananas or am I having a fatal stroke?

• Like 2

I just can't imagine being such a lazy entitled piece of shit that being asked to wear a mask puts you into a rage. 

Sure, maybe it's a little annoying, the slightest pain in the ass. But being actually MAD about it is like getting irate because someone tells you to wear socks. 

You know what? It probably doesn't do much, but if it does even a little to help, it's literally the least I could do to pitch in. 

When you read between the lines, what these people are really saying is that they're so god damn insecure that they can't fathom of venturing out in public looking "weird". Even though many others are doing it. What monumental pussies. 

So mask up. Who gives a fuck. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 7