Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

next time drive to scott & white.  seriously.  

Yea, I gave her hell for not limping out the second she saw what was going on. She’s at S&W today being seen by her regular doctor.  I would expect that kind of shit from these strip mall ER/urgent care places, but not a real hospital. 

• Like 2

you'd be surprised.  i don't sell directly into the small places much anymore because they've almost all been bought up but i used to see some crazy shit.  i'd ask about some joint commission regulation or pharmacy standard and they'd act like i was speaking german.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

786eb2fae92e733b085b0904c07ddd42.jpg

That's a clear example of the type of disinformation fucking us all over in this country on multiple fronts, and you are playing a part in it.

Did you post this as a deliberate attempt to deceive the board? If not, let me suggest you find better sources of news than whatever paranoid delusional conspiracy sites you hang out at.

You're getting played.

• Like 4

So I had a little minor back surgery today that I have put off since May due to Covid.  The hospital I was at is in a Dallas suburb but fairly large sized hospital.  My doc told me their ICU unit is almost full due to Covid cases.  He was complaining that these damn fools that won’t wear a mask and social distance are killing people.  He said it’s not the Covid patients but the person that has a heart attack that won’t be able to get the care they need.  He seemed pretty frustrated which made me feel even better knowing he was about to cut me open.   I bet Abbott closes the state down again for 30 days starting this week.  Try and get it under control before school starts.

• Like 5

So I had a little minor back surgery today that I have put off since May due to Covid.  The hospital I was at is in a Dallas suburb but fairly large sized hospital.  My doc told me their ICU unit is almost full due to Covid cases.  He was complaining that these damn fools that won’t wear a mask and social distance are killing people.  He said it’s not the Covid patients but the person that has a heart attack that won’t be able to get the care they need.  He seemed pretty frustrated which made me feel even better knowing he was about to cut me open.   I bet Abbott closes the state down again for 30 days starting this week.  Try and get it under control before school starts.

Well bye.gif
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Lol. Maybe I missed it along the way but am I not supposed to be taking you seriously at all?

He’s a libertarian, so he’ll have a few good takes but if you let him talk for more than five minutes you’re gonna have a bad time.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The best part is those people will still defend it and believe it even if you show them the Texas Health and Human Services saying it’s fake and inaccurate.

trumpers are going down with the ship, while their capt and his family take off in the only life boat 

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

That's a clear example of the type of disinformation fucking us all over in this country on multiple fronts, and you are playing a part in it.

Did you post this as a deliberate attempt to deceive the board? If not, let me suggest you find better sources of news than whatever paranoid delusional conspiracy sites you hang out at.

You're getting played.

Three of us called him out within about 10 minutes of him posting. I don’t think he deceived anyone on this website. Facebook, on the other hand . . .

You should apologize for posting that.
Nah. It's really hard to stand out as one of the absolute dumbest, total shit for brains posters on this site. While many considered him a candidate already, with that post he has enshrined himself in that pantheon forever. He should be proud. He's in rare air.
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

My wife broke her foot yesterday, so she had to go to an ER.  Her mom took her to Advent (formerly Metroplex) hospital in Killeen.  No one outside to check people prior to entering for COVID symptoms.  No separate entrances for COVID possible patients.  You enter the waiting area, everyone checks in at the same desk, indoors.  After asking the standard questions, they separate the COVID/flu symptom people to a separate waiting area, but still in the same airspace, as everyone else.  The guy that checked in a few people after my wife was COVID positive, but having worse symptoms so he came in.  This is an actual hospital, in July 2020, not even doing the basics to reduce exposure.  We are fucked.  

EDIT:  She also said the nurse that took her to the room said they had seen 6 COVID positive patients in the ER that day. 

Catching up on the thread so this is late but first two things: 1) That sucks re: covid but also more importantly 2) sorry about her foot, hope it gets better quick and that's all y'all have to deal with.

Y'all gonna hear this a lot from NE/nyc folk but from march to june, there was no fucking way I was risking any serious injury. Miss me with that bs of having to go to the hospital and be near covid folk. No way. Y'all stay safe/healthy and avoid serious injuries as much as possible. 

• Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Today I learned, if you test negative, you also recovered. I might just get a test today for the good feels.

Yeah? I tested negative, recovered, then died. But just like Jesus, I came back bitches to post here maskless on surly! Enter that in yo fucking stats and post it to Facebook! 

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Catching up on the thread so this is late but first two things: 1) That sucks re: covid but also more importantly 2) sorry about her foot, hope it gets better quick and that's all y'all have to deal with.

Y'all gonna hear this a lot from NE/nyc folk but from march to june, there was no fucking way I was risking any serious injury. Miss me with that bs of having to go to the hospital and be near covid folk. No way. Y'all stay safe/healthy and avoid serious injuries as much as possible. 

Shes at ortho today.  Her doc did more x-rays.  Unfortunately she broke more than a simple bone chip.  He feels pretty confident she will have to have surgery.  Super fucking awesome.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He was complaining that these damn fools that won’t wear a mask and social distance are killing people.  He said it’s not the Covid patients but the person that has a heart attack that won’t be able to get the care they need.  

yup, thats been the worry from the onset. If only the simple farmers, people of the land, and common clay of electorate understood that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:
15 hours ago, trauma babe said:
You should apologize for posting that.

Nah. It's really hard to stand out as one of the absolute dumbest, total shit for brains posters on this site. While many considered him a candidate already, with that post he has enshrined himself in that pantheon forever. He should be proud. He's in rare air.

Still surprised. Perhaps I'm misremembering but I thought MiB was a decent poster back in the day. Judging by more recent posts, that day seems to have come and gone.

Lynn County up on the plains just south of Lubbock lost their sheriff. Be sure and read the last line -- sounds like he might have been one of the better ones.

Abraham Vega, 48, ‘Peacemaking’ Texas Sheriff, Dies
Remarried, likely to win re-election in November, he was embarking on a second act when he died of the novel coronavirus.

Spoiler

14vega-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=we

Abraham Vega and Rachel Curry had first met at high school football games in Tahoka, Texas, when she was covering them as a photographer for the school newspaper and he was doing the same for The Lynn County Times. They eventually went their separate ways, married, had two children each and divorced.

Then it was time for a second chapter. Mr. Vega and Ms. Curry reunited in 2017 and married the following year in what seemed like a storybook beginning to a new life.

“People who knew us told us, ‘You can tell on your faces you made a difference in each other’s lives,’” Ms. Vega said in a phone interview.

By then Mr. Vega was sheriff of Lynn County, in northwest Texas — Lynn’s first Hispanic sheriff, according to his wife — and his career was flourishing. He was renominated in March as the Republican candidate for the job. His tiny jurisdiction, which is home to about 5,000 people and a 48-bed jail, is largely Republican, and the party nomination is tantamount to re-election ahead of the November vote.

As the coronavirus pandemic surged in Texas in recent weeks, Sheriff Vega thought he had taken every precaution against being infected, his wife said.

“He had underlying conditions and was so scared of getting it, that except for the office, he wouldn’t go out,” Ms. Vega said. “I would go to the grocery store. But then, last month, a colleague tested positive. The next day, Abraham did, too.”

Mr. Vega was admitted to a Lubbock hospital, where he spent two weeks, including nine days on a ventilator. He was then airlifted to a larger medical center in Dallas and died there on Saturday. He was 48.

The day he entered the hospital was the couple’s second wedding anniversary.

“That was the last time I saw him,” Ms. Vega, who also tested positive for the virus but was asymptomatic, said.

Abraham Martin Vega was born on Nov. 7, 1971, in Brownsville, Texas, to Abelardo Vega, who worked for a telephone company, and Rachel Corona Saldana, an elementary schoolteacher.

Along with his wife, who is a teacher and executive director of the Texas Chief Deputies Association, his survivors include his parents; two children from his first marriage, Marcus and Cori Vega; two stepchildren from his second marriage, Kaitlyn Lehman and Curry Lehman; his brother, Mark Vega; his sister, Felicia Valleja; and a granddaughter.

After graduating from Tahoka High School, Mr. Vega was uncertain about a career, though he was inspired by the commitment of a state trooper who counseled him, his wife said. He went to work as a dispatcher in the sheriff’s office when he was 19 and never left law enforcement.

Mr. Vega was a jail administrator, chief of the school district police, deputy sheriff and president of the Texas Chief Deputies Association in 2016, the same year he was elected to a four-year term as Lynn County sheriff.

By leasing vacant cells to incarcerate inmates from other jurisdictions, he earned the county more than $1 million, appointed a deputy to reduce truancy and encouraged his staff members to further their educations.

“He wasn’t the chase ’em down kind of police officer,” Ms. Vega said. “He had a servant’s heart, and that’s what made him a peace officer.”

Indeed, Mr. Vega had that idea tattooed on his chest, a phrase from the Gospel of Matthew: “Blessed are the peacemakers.”

11 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Still surprised. Perhaps I'm misremembering but I thought MiB was a decent poster back in the day. Judging by more recent posts, that day seems to have come and gone.

Yeah, he was (is) for the most part. I think he's just become really bitter in the last few years.

We also talked to my grandmother in Germany, my doctor cousin visited her today.  They are going on holiday this weekend.  Our doctors are burning the fuck out, German docs are going hiking and biking and enjoying their time off.  We are so dumb.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

We also talked to my grandmother in Germany, my doctor cousin visited her today.  They are going on holiday this weekend.  Our doctors are burning the fuck out, German docs are going hiking and biking and enjoying their time off.  We are so dumb.  

At least we have freedom

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

We're connected with my son's exchange-brother in Germany on social media etc.  He's been posting pictures of going hiking with his friends and whatnot.  In other words, they're all back to living relatively functional lives.  While we're busy helping the initial fire flare up like a motherfucker again.  

We are so goddamned stupid.

28 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

My cousin in France is like "isn't is great we can do stuff again?" 

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My cousin in France is like "isn't is great we can do stuff again?" 

One of the kids I coached soccer met a girl in college that's from Italy.  He went over to Italy with her before Covid broke and got stuck when all the travel shit hit.  At first we thought it was fucking tragedy.  He is still over there and laughing at all of us now.  I just talked to his dad last week and said all hes doing is swimming in the med and eating ridiculous food while his rich girlfriend's parents bankroll their good time.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You don't ride that opioid train too long, OK? Some of the stops are in weird mental neighborhoods.

Speedy recovery.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

There is no such thing as minor back surgery if you’re the one having it. Hope your recovery goes well. 

I don’t think we’re gonna shut down. Early indications here in SA are numbers are flattening and starting to come down. As I posted in this forum’s favorite outside thread, one hospital had inpatients drop by ~20% today so if there’s anything close to similar around my city, we’re starting to turn a corner. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1