Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Crossing the Swamp, by Jon McNaughton

Over 240 years ago George Washington crossed Valley Forge to bring an astonishing victory to the Continental Army. This led to what many thought was impossible - to defeat a despot King and his formidable army.

Today, Trump endeavors to cross the “swamp” of Washington DC as he carries the light of truth, hope, and prosperity. The murky water of the deep state is laced with dangerous vermin, perfectly willing to destroy American prosperity for their personal ideologies and financial gain. The establishment Democrats, Never-Trumper-Republicans, Deep State, and Fake News Media will do all they can to stop the majority of the American people from succeeding. 

As an artist, I paint what I feel needs to be said about the current state of our country. I hope Trump is remembered as the President that restored America’s greatness. I want to be on that boat for freedom! 

List of figures from left to right: Nikki Haley, James Mattis, Ben Carson, President Trump, Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, Melania Trump, Mike Pompeo, Sarah Sanders, Ivanka Trump, John Bolton, Kellyanne Conway, John Kelly

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he has an entire agency devoted to classifying/regulating firearms.

And instead he runs to a private lobbyist group whose contributing companies don’t want individuals making their own firearms. 

As a gun owner and eventual 3D-printer owner, I know he’s gonna fuck this up.

But it’s gonna make the gun-owning Trumpkins squirm.

This will kill gun sales so I assume the NRA is against it and will want heavy regulation.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

The thing I don't get about the current round of pearl clutching over guns is that it's being framed as "everyone can 3D print a plastic AR15 and shoot up a bunch of children". And on top of that, the 3D printed "liberator" pistol is a single shot design that can only shoot low pressure rounds like the .380 or .22 AND it still has metal in it because it needs a hard material (a steel nail in this case) for a firing pin.

Nevermind that you could replicate that sort of functionality for cheaper with a trip to the hardware store. You can make a slam-fire 12GA shotgun with a pipe, a cap, and a nail pretty easily.

Honest question. Assuming your correct that there’s less harm than some suggest, what is the potential benefit?  And which of those standards best apply here?  I generally fall in the camp of not restricting harmless activity.   But this strikes me a something that should be restricted in part because I’m not seeing the potential benefit. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he has an entire agency devoted to classifying/regulating firearms.

And instead he runs to a private lobbyist group whose contributing companies don’t want individuals making their own firearms. 

As a gun owner and eventual 3D-printer owner, I know he’s gonna fuck this up.

But it’s gonna make the gun-owning Trumpkins squirm.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I heard that story on NPR this morning and was kind of shocked the NRA was against it.  Then I realized, yeah, Smith and Wesson and whoever else probably aren't too keen on people not buying guns from them.

Vanity Fair had an article about the NRA actually being shills for gun manufacturers some time ago. They said the big coming issue was 3-D printing and what it would do to manufacturers. 

Interesting how Donald jumbles all the information into 3-D plastic guns. 2-D plastic guns are on paper and 1-D plastic guns are simple lines.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Will it surprise anyone when it comes out that Jesse Watters used to suck dick for drugs on Spring Break?

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I doubt he ever stopped. 

How dare you accuse this man of drug use. 

1 hour ago, brown water said:

Honest question. Assuming your correct that there’s less harm than some suggest, what is the potential benefit?  And which of those standards best apply here?  I generally fall in the camp of not restricting harmless activity.   But this strikes me a something that should be restricted in part because I’m not seeing the potential benefit. 

Banning 3D printed gun schematics isn't really a good precedent to set. It's essentially the government saying "this information is too dangerous for the people to see" which is concerning on its own, but also it's incongruous with previous precedent both digitally and physically for information on how to make dangerous devices. The anarchist's cookbook gives you simple steps on how to make very dangerous devices. There's all sorts of army manuals out in the public domain. There's gunsmithing books and manuals that provide a step-by-step guide on how to make guns. Why should 3D printed gun schematics be treated any differently just because they use a novel tool to construct them?

• Like 4

The paddle strokes are hysterical.  Sarah is doing nothing but putting on the brakes, and Carson and his pal are basically thwarting any attempt to go in the direction Trump is looking.

So basically at a standstill or in circles? Like a bunch of fucking morons that can’t do anything right?

9 minutes ago, texas08 said:

So basically at a standstill or in circles? Like a bunch of fucking morons that can’t do anything right?

Looking at the picture, it's an overloaded boat, at significant risk of capsizing, with no captain asserting a unifying command, and anyone with an oar is paddling in their own direction, without any clear direction or purpose.  It really is the perfect snapshot of this admin.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The paddle strokes are hysterical.  Sarah is doing nothing but putting on the brakes, and Carson and his pal are basically thwarting any attempt to go in the direction Trump is looking.

have YOU ever paddled Valley Forge before, motherfucker?