Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

Going to bump this back up in light of the new bombshell from the NYT and the clamor from the right to fire Rosenstein.  Anyone want to get on the purge bandwagon yet?

If Trump thought he could start purging and get away with it, he would have done it well before now, before people started flipping, and not when it could hurt him in the midterms.  You’ve seen his recent campaign speeches - he’s worried about the midterms. 

We just had our largest billing week in 8 years servicing the oil and gas industry.

It's amazing when you have a government who doesn't hate small business and energy.

We have also hired an additional 22% local people. At one time 3 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering 3. This went on for 18 months. Now, overtime daily and also Saturday.

I wont respond to the liberal responses concerning my statements, but my 8 to 13 dollar an hour floor employees enjoy 6 days a lot more than 4.

We just had our largest billing week in 8 years servicing the oil and gas industry.

It's amazing when you have a government who doesn't hate small business and energy.

We have also hired an additional 22% local people. At one time 3 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering 3. This went on for 18 months. Now, overtime daily and also Saturday.

I wont respond to the liberal responses concerning my statements, but my 8 to 13 dollar an hour floor employees enjoy 6 days a lot more than 4.
You're bragging about paying people $8-$13/hour?

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/micron-tumbles-after-cfo-says-trump-tariffs-will-hit-gross-margins.html

Micron Technology shares fell 5 percent in Friday's premarket session, a day after CFO David Zinsner said that the semiconductor company's gross margins would suffer due to President Donald Trump's latest round of tariffs on Chinese imports.

"Our gross margins will also be impacted in the near term by the announced 10 percent tariff on $200 billion of imports from China which will go into effect on September 24," Zinsner said. "We are working to gradually mitigate most of the impact from these tariffs over the next three to four quarters."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/walmart-will-soon-hike-prices-due-to-tariffs-ex-walmart-us-ceo.html

Walmart warned it may hike prices on a wide range of products, including food and personal care items.

"As the largest retailer in the United States and a major buyer of U.S. manufactured goods, we are very concerned about the impacts these tariffs would have on our business, our customers, our suppliers and the U.S. economy as a whole," Walmart wrote.

Target was also among those pushing back against the tariffs. In its letter, dated Sept. 6, the retailer said it was "deeply troubled" by the trade war, which it said raises prices on everything from backpacks to playpens.

• Like 1

West Texas crude oil is up 33% since Trump's inauguration.  I would assume that has plenty to do with improved business for oilfield service companies.

The question is, how much of that 33% bump is due to this administration's policies and how much is due to global oil supply & demand?

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who the hell is left for Mueller to flip? No one. 

He already knows everything, so do other prosecutors. 

Trump can fire Sessions, Mueller, and Rosenstein but none of that will prevent the truth from coming out when Mueller is called to testify before Congress and brief the American people.

Congressmen like Nunes will request the evidence be destroyed for whatever reason, maybe because the investigation was proven partisan.  It does't have to make sense, it just has to get rid of the investigation and it's collection.  I say this because they've already tried this approach.  If they can get traction discrediting it or with Trump firing by tweet then they will try it again.  Hillary and Obama were actual attorneys and would know the ins and outs. The only thing Trump does on his own is name call; his lawyers and yes men run the shop. But they will try and pounce on this.

Edited by Mdhorn

People get paid what they are worth. Some actually get more than that. Its astounding. 
You truly believe every deserves 6 digits a year right? That's cute. 
Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. But since you brought it up, the lowest paid employee in my company makes $16/hr. But congrats on paying poverty wages to people, i guess.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

You state this as though it's a trump card that overwhelms any other aspect of Trump's presidency. 

If Trump is in bed with the Russians, is what you wrote above enough to erase that?

Does Trump's constant lying not matter because of what you wrote above?

Even in the business world, if other businesses and farmers suffer under bad tariff policies, do you not care because of what you wrote above?

Do you care about your country beyond the wages and earnings of your company? It doesn't sound like it.

• Like 1

Of course people making 8-13 bucks an hour will want to work more hours.  Few can live on that.

As for the oil and gas booming down there, I guess I'm glad it is somewhere.  Because it sure as hell isn't up here any longer.  Does Trump get the blame for that, or does he just get the credit for the good things?  

3 hours ago, Lurch said:
What did this administration do specifically that caused this change in your business?

In oil and gas? Just luck I guess. Maybe you can research it, I dont care. Weird how we are super busy as well as the rest of northeast texas. Probably a coincidence. Silly me.

Checkmate libtards

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, Lurch said:
What did this administration do specifically that caused this change in your business?

In oil and gas? Just luck I guess. Maybe you can research it, I dont care. Weird how we are super busy as well as the rest of northeast texas. Probably a coincidence. Silly me.

Was it a coincidence from 2010-2014?

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

People get paid what they are worth. Some actually get more than that. Its astounding. 

You truly believe every deserves 6 digits a year right? That's cute. 

If you're referring to pay the saying is six figures a year. Perhaps you have a latent desire to have 6 fingers shoved up your ass in which case I can see how the Freudian slip with digits came into play.

• Like 1

https://www.axios.com/trump-at-war-fbi-justice-department-41357423-e8cb-45d2-8eb1-6425fd2fd0c2.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

We’re starting to see the worst collateral damage of President Trump's war with his own Justice Department. The rift has dominated (even defined) his presidency. And it looks like it’s getting worse.

A former administration official told Axios: “It’s a 'Deep State' he created. Whether it existed before or not, it does now.”

Yesterday's astonishing leak: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein "suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration," and discussed the possible invocation of the 25th amendment, per the N.Y. Times.

"[M]emos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, ... documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions."

Timing: The conversations came on May 16, 2017–just a week after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, a seven-day window when tensions between the White House and Main Justice hit a fever pitch, threatening to cripple both institutions.

The fallout ... Rosenstein's unconvincing denial: "I never pursued or authorized recording the President and any suggestion that I have ever advocated for the removal of the President is absolutely false."

The leak triggered a fevered debate among Justice Department watchers: Was Rosenstein joking when he made those explosive comments? It’s a vital question — but in a way, it also isn’t. After all, in normal times, the deputy attorney general doesn’t joke about secretly recording the president.

Trump last night at a rally in Missouri: ""You've seen what happened in the FBI and the Department of Justice. The bad ones, they're all gone. They're all gone ... But there is a lingering stench and we're going to get rid of that, too."

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Does your HR help your lower compensated employees sign up for govt assistance or do you leave that up to the employee?

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Yeah.  Love how he's bragging about paying workers $8 an hour, as his party demonizes those who don't pay federal income tax (but pay other taxes).  Meanwhile, we're paying for his employees' food stamps.

I bet you a large amount of money he doesn’t pay overtime either as he falsely classifies his employees as “exempt.”

12 hours ago, markstanco said:
13 hours ago, Lurch said:

dave-chappelle-dylan-gif.gif

While its obvious stanco and I likely differ politically, he's always seemed like a good guy to me (growing up near where he lives, he and I probably know some of the same folks, too).  Throw a few barbs at him......its the surly way.  But if you want legitimate differing thoughts here, stop piling on every time someone says something you dont agree with.  

I really want to try and understand what Aqua said above....because I remember that, too....where stanco mentioned business being down during Obama's term.  I just cant comprehend that.  I mean, there were people up here in the oil field getting fat bank.  This isn't me piling on, @markstanco.  I'm just trying to make sense of something I admittedly have little understand of.

• Like 2

It’s seems markstanco is what I call a 401k Trump supporter.  They don’t give a shit about anything Trump does as long as profits are being maximized.  There are plenty of 401k Trump supporters.  

The issue with the 401k Trumpers is they’re very shortsighted.  Like a frat boy going out and getting shitfaced with complete disregard for the consequences to follow the next day.

Most the sober citizens in the room see the recklessness of this administration and know the consequences are coming.  

However, when damage really starts hitting hard for the 401k Trump supports, there will likely be democrats in office to blame.

• Like 3

More heartwarming stories of this administration 

WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials announced Saturday that immigrants who legally use public benefits like food assistance and Section 8 housing vouchers could be denied green cards under new rules aimed at keeping out people the administration deems a drain on the country.

The move could force millions of poor immigrants who rely on public assistance for food and shelter to make a difficult choice between accepting financial help and seeking a green card to live and work legally in the United States.

Older immigrants, many of whom get low-cost prescription drugs through the Medicare Part D program, could also be forced to stop participating in the popular benefits program or risk being deemed a “public charge” who is ineligible for legal resident status.

The move is not intended to affect most immigrants who have already been granted green cards, but advocates have said they fear that those with legal resident status will stop using public benefits to protect their status. The regulation, which the administration said would affect about 382,000 people a year, is the latest in a series of aggressive crackdowns by President Trump and his hard-line aides on legal and illegal immigration.

Federal law has always required those seeking green cards to prove they will not be a burden and has taken into consideration the acceptance of cash benefits. But the government has never before considered the use of other public benefits, like assistance for food.

Now, the new regulation — announced on the Department of Homeland Security website — will require that immigration caseworkers consider the use of public benefits to be “heavily weighed negative factors” for those who are applying to remain legally in the country on a permanent basis. Those who are deemed likely to become dependent on government assistance will probably be denied.

The rule would affect people seeking to immigrate to the United States permanently and others who are in the country on temporary visas — including students and workers — who seek to stay permanently.

Immigrants could be asked in limited cases to post cash bonds of at least $10,000 to avoid being denied green cards under the new regulation, which does not need congressional approval but must still go through a public review process before it becomes final. Officials said they expected the regulation to become final after being posted to the Federal Register in the coming weeks and undergoing the 60-day review period.

10 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I remember Stanco saying in another thread that he did terrible during the Obama years (despite it being the biggest economic run up in history) and only recently started doing well again because of Trump's tariffs.  I suggest he find a new industry.

Maybe Trump hired his company to collect tariffs at the border for later deposit in the US Treasury. It's a booming industry. In Trump's tiny brain.

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s seems markstanco is what I call a 401k Trump supporter.  They don’t give a shit about anything Trump does as long as profits are being maximized.  There are plenty of 401k Trump supporters.  

The issue with the 401k Trumpers is they’re very shortsighted.  Like a frat boy going out and getting shitfaced with complete disregard for the consequences to follow the next day.

Most the sober citizens in the room see the recklessness of this administration and know the consequences are coming.  

However, when damage really starts hitting hard for the 401k Trump supports, there will likely be democrats in office to blame.

My issue with the 401k Trumpers is that they have sold their souls for a payday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408007-ap-trump-polled-staff-on-board-air-force-one-over-whether-to-fire

President Trump polled staffers flying with him to and from a rally in Missouri on Friday over whether he should fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein following an explosive New York Times report published earlier that day, The Associated Press reported.

The news outlet reported Sunday that Trump spoke with staffers on board and called outside advisers as he watched coverage of the story play out on Fox News programs broadcast on Air Force One televisions. While he received mixed advice, more were in favor of holding off on firing Rosenstein, according to the AP.

Trump reportedly decided to hold off on ousting his deputy attorney general.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.