Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-in-dismay-and-despair-as-democrats-take-the-house

Russian state media isn’t taking Wednesday’s news from America too well. 

On state TV, reports of U.S. Democrats taking control of the House of Representatives were described as a “very negative” outcome for the Kremlin, predicting “political chaos” in Washington and new sanctions on Russians now a certainty.

Across state-run media, experts pointed out that the new majority party’s control of Congress heightens the likelihood of new penalties being imposed. State-TV host Yuri Bogdanov emphasized that sanctions were hinging solely on the results of the midterms because “Trump himself does not want to impose them.” 

Indeed, Russians were bracing themselves for the promised “sanctions from hell.” State-media host Vladimir Soloviev summarized that by looking at President Donald Trump’s new economic penalties on Iran, Russians should now anticipate similar measures by the United States. He also noted that the narrow margins among many poll results demonstrate Americans’ widespread disappointment with Trump. 

State-media analysts also predicted that special counsel Robert Mueller will soon follow through with charges against Trump, members of his immediate family, or others within his administration.

“Expect a storm,” warned Victor Olevich, a leading expert at the Center for Actual Politics, in an appearance on Russian state television.

As Wednesday went on, the dismay in Russia was palpable, with state media reporting that—in light of the midterm results—recent meetings of Kremlin officials with National Security Adviser John Bolton were pointless and there is no longer any need for Vladimir Putin to meet with Trump in Paris during First World War commemoration ceremonies this week. TV host Soloviev remarked: “There’s nothing left to talk about,” as “the sanctions will never be canceled.”

The outcome didn’t come as a surprise. As the midterms drew near, the Kremlin’s apparent concern over potential Democratic victories spilled over into Russian media. With nail-biting intensity, pundits, politicians, and experts noted that Trump “is hanging by a hair” and the new majority will be inclined to cut the dangling thread by initiating the process of his impeachment. State-media outlet Rossiya-24 declared the midterms to be “no less fateful than the presidential election,” pointing out that the shakeup of the House of Representatives constitutes “a huge blow for Trump.”

Several Russian outlets aired live coverage of the voting, and pondered out loud whether Trump might soon be impeached. State-run TV reporters were dispatched across America, from McAllen, Texas, to Maryland and Washington, D.C., to cover what they described as a “historical moment.” Two Russian MPs traveled to the U.S. as election monitors as part of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly mission. State-TV correspondent Alexander Khristenko opined that the midterm results will determine the course America will take for years to come: “a choice between isolationism or globalism, defending the rights of minorities or protecting the white majority.” Back in Russia, state media repeatedly emphasized that the final outcome might cost Trump the White House.

Russians have plenty of selfish reasons to exhibit such an unusual interest in the American elections. As political analyst Evgeny Satanovsky said on Russia’s state-radio program Vesti FM, “For us, Trump is a wonderful president. To demolish trans-Atlantic unity the way he did was impossible to accomplish or predict.” He was quick to point out that in 2016, Russian parliamentarians were drinking Champagne “not because Trump won, but because Hillary [Clinton] didn’t.” 

More pointedly, some officials were publicly musing about an ominous “bright side” in the possibility of Trump’s impeachment. 

Appearing on Russian state-TV program Evening With Vladimir Soloviev, Vyacheslav Nikonov, the chairman of the State Duma Committee for Education and Science, pontificated that “Trump’s impeachment would lead to an armed uprising, a revolution, and a gigantic economic crisis... America might not survive this.” Previously on the program, Andrey Sidorov, deputy dean of World Politics at Moscow’s State University, caustically noted that “Unfortunately, Trump didn’t reach the level of Abraham Lincoln and didn’t drive the United States to civil war. That’s sad. Hopefully, he’ll become Herbert Hoover and at least drive them into a Great Depression.” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I can seriously see a near future where Fox News has been rebranded People's Republic of America News and all the other news outlets no longer exist.

Dear Leader would want his name in the rebranding.  Something along the lines of Donald Trump's Fox (or DTF Media for short)

Sorry.  Any anti-trumper wasting time on Acosta or press conferences is just feeding Trump exactly what he wants. 

Stop taking the fucker's clown shows seriously.  Yes, the impact of his decisions should be taken seriously, but not his daily bullshit.  

People need to start ignoring direct interaction with the petulant ass. 

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Not a troll just not in on the liberal echo chamber confirmation bias circle jerk.  Just calling it as I see it.  Makes me a troll to call out the hypocrisy I guess.  Is there a class on hypocrisy I missed in school?  

You're a fucking idiot.  You really believe everyone bashing the President is a fucking liberal?  There's plenty of those on the Right, Republicans or whatever the fuck you want to call us that are disgusted with this bloated gasbag.  Don't call me a liberal, you fucking cunt. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Sorry.  Any anti-trumper wasting time on Acosta or press conferences is just feeding Trump exactly what he wants. 

Stop taking the fucker's clown shows seriously.  Yes, the impact of his decisions should be taken seriously, but not his daily bullshit.  

This just normalizes it. And then what's next? A small drip in a sink can be easily ignored, but over time it will rot the bottom of the sink. Trump will keep moving the normal and acceptable inch by inch, but let's just ignore it. 2 years later the line will be miles down the road. 

• Like 1

Yeah ignoring the president lying to the press and using the press to lie to us is not something I’m willing to ignore.

And if we ignore the press, how the hell do we even know about the policies that are being enacted? The administration won’t tell us shit.

I want the press to start calling him and his liars to their faces in the moment. I want the press to quit running his comments unchallenged. I want the press to stop using words like “misleading” and “falsehood” and “misstatement”.

Call them lies. Call him a liar.

Tomorrow, I want a reporter to ask “Why did you lie about Jim Acosta putting his hands on that press aide?”.

And when Sanders lies about it, shove the video evidence in her face and ask her why she’s continues to lie.

Ignoring bad behavior won’t stop the bad behavior.

I’m so tired of being lectured about not sinking to their level and behaving with decorum. When the opposition has shown they have no intention of even pretending to do the same.

If one side is going to play dirty then you can’t win if you handicap yourself by playing by the old rules.

I’m not interested in taking the high road if it’s destination is a country made over in the image of Donald Fucking Trump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trumpism will be GOP nominee in 2020 regardless if it’s actually Trump. 

His base is so irresistibly solidified that no GOP nominee will pass up exploitatively pandering to them. 

John McCain is not walking through that door. 

This.  Trump’s greatest superpowers are his audacity and lack of conscience or empathy.  He has left everyone with their jaw on the floor in horror.  But the follow up reaction from the members of the GOP is, “wait, you mean we can DO THAT?!” as the lightbulb clicks on over their head.

Trumpism will endure until America soundly rejects it.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

This.  Trump’s greatest superpowers are his audacity and lack of conscience or empathy.  He has left everyone with their jaw on the floor in horror.  But the follow up reaction from the members of the GOP is, “wait, you mean we can DO THAT?!” as the lightbulb clicks on over their head.

Trumpism will endure until America soundly rejects it.

Will be interesting to see if DOTUS turns current GOPers all the way to the dark side or if they have to recruit some new radicals.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

You named yourself after a fucking cookie. WITH RAISINS.

Do you own a dick or just rent one?

I feel like the townspeople at the ending of the Unforgiven that just witnessed Clint Eastwood’s horrifying capacity for violence.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

That’s kind of the problem. The press isn’t really doing their job when they ignore the daily bullshit. Acosta finally started acting like a journalist and got his access revoked. Every single journalist should be doing the same thing, and they should’ve been doing it for two years.

Fucking hell.

Infowars took the Acosta video and edited it by slowing it down and zooming in and replaying the moment Acosta’s hand touched her elbow to prove he “manhandled” her.

Despite the fact that when you watch the video in real time you can see she initiated contact and Acosta was in no way grabbing her.

So Sarah Fucking Sanders tweets Infowars edited video as “proof”.

These people......I’ve officially run out of derogatory words.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I think I hate that wonk eyed cow most of all.

“We don’t condone putting hands on women” - FUCK YOU, CUNT. I’ve watched you defend your fuhrer for cheering the assault of a reporter and bragging about grabbing pussies.

She’s fat. Her hair is flat and she has a cheap cut and color. She wears drug store makeup and she’s bad at applying it. She buys her clothes from Kohl’s and she wears Easy Spirit shoes. And she carries a Dooney & Burke purse.

I literally just cheered and fist-pumped the air.  Bravo.  And her cologne is the generic version of Sunflowers.

Edited by 4Pete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking hell.

Infowars took the Acosta video and edited it by slowing it down and zooming in and replaying the moment Acosta’s hand touched her elbow to prove he “manhandled” her.

Despite the fact that when you watch the video in real time you can see she initiated contact and Acosta was in no way grabbing her.

I still see nothing inappropriate.  Don't reach for the mic while he's still asking a question.  You don't get to censor the press, you bunch of fascist cunts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

This just normalizes it. And then what's next? A small drip in a sink can be easily ignored, but over time it will rot the bottom of the sink. Trump will keep moving the normal and acceptable inch by inch, but let's just ignore it. 2 years later the line will be miles down the road.  

I'm thinking you send the young turks at the station to cover the clown show and tell them you'll give them a bonus if they stand up to the cunt.  Yes, they have to do their job and cover it but if the Pres. is going to disrespect the process I don't have a problem with the media giving it the roll-your-eyes attention it deserves.

Plus, I think there is some irony in the media, who is supposed to bring us the truth, going to a press conference where there are only lies told.

43 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking hell.

just incredible

I watched about half of the press conference. Trump is an insufferable ass, of course.

One thing that I think reporters should stop doing is making statements prior to their questions. It gives the president a chance to interrupt and avoid the actual question. A notable example of this is the female reporter who prefaced by saying something like, "Mr. President you don't like the Mueller investigation, but you could stop it--" Bam, Trump interrupts to say yes he could and rambles on.

The reporter actually had a good question along the lines of, "Why don't you declassify the documents that would supposedly absolve you concerning the Mueller investigation? That would end the investigations, wouldn't it?"

Reporters always use a preamble. Just get to the question or you may lose the chance. Many reporters did lose their chance.

I turned it off after an hour. I hate the man too much to watch his buffoon show for more than that.

• Like 3

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-revoke-press-credentials-media-acosta-eed0d9c8-2682-4394-9766-5ed5668c07c6.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Trump uses CNN's Jim Acosta to act on longtime fantasy against media

Sources with direct knowledge say that since the earliest days of his presidency, Trump has mused about revoking press credentials for reporters who infuriate him. But press staff have often successfully counseled him against doing so, telling him it would only elevate the reporter involved and would result in damaging stories about him cracking down on press freedom.

Driving the news: Yesterday, Trump went ahead and did it anyway, with Sarah Sanders announcing that the White House had removed the "hard pass" of CNN’s Jim Acosta, who had tangled with Trump at his midday press conference.

Despite the White House accusing Acosta of "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern" when she was taking a microphone from him at the presser, the video clearly shows Acosta didn’t do anything physically threatening to the intern.

The video tweeted by the White House apparently is edited to shift speeds of footage where Acosta and the staffer make contact, possibly making his gesture look more aggressive.

As Trump made clear in his interview with "Axios on HBO," he has no interest in de-escalating his fights with the press, because he thinks it works for him politically and his crowds demand it.

But until now it had all been rhetoric. This is the first time the Trump White House has revoked the credentials of a mainstream reporter.

8 hours ago, yoladu said:

just saw a clip of him at that press conference, rattling off the names of GOP Reps who lost their seat in the election , stopping at each name to mock them.

What an asshole.

He is a piece of shit.

Trump did a masterful job of reimagining the gop as the trump party.  He bullied the louder, independent voices.  Many retired or ultimately bowed to him.  Now he is demonstrating that anything short of full allegiance will lead to their career ending.  

It’s not enough to vote for the presidents agenda, you must be a cheerleader OF the president.   He owns the congress gop politicians. Look at Nunes as the example that must be followed.

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump did a masterful job of reimagining the gop as the trump party.  He bullied the louder, independent voices.  Many retired or ultimately bowed to him.  Now he is demonstrating that anything short of full allegiance will lead to their career ending.  

It’s not enough to vote for the presidents agenda, you must be a cheerleader OF the president.   He owns the congress gop politicians. Look at Nunes as the example that must be followed.

You have a valid point, but his parasitic takeover required a compromised host. The GOP was a philosophically rudderless, bankrupt organization.  Trump came in and filled its hollow core with his diseased nonsense. But the host was already in decline.   

• Like 5