Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I just fear that after trump and team get taken down, that everyone will breathe a sigh of relief, and let his enablers (cruz, graham, nunes etc) and his prompters (hannity, pirro, dershowitz, et al) get off completely.  I think Mueller has enough on Trump already, but he is using the power of his SC to gather enough evidence on all the rest to implicate them so much it cannot be excused and ignored.

He realizes that Trump is the scab, but to really remedy the situation, he needs to put enough in front of the public that is forces us to root out the real evil, those who built the system that put Trump and his ideals of fascism, racism, and other isms center stage, fracturing our country and stalling its progress at the greatest nation in the world.

This thing needs to go Nuremberg.  Just taking down trump won't be enough.  You need to hold accountable those who allowed, or even fostered what we have now.  You need the henchmen, the legal weasels,  the PR illusionists, the bagmen and the money people behind all this.  And yes, you need to give the idiots who voted for and still triumph this fool a healthy dose of crow and castor oil to help them accept their own lesson.  These people have been huckstered, but I think the scales can fall from most of their eyes.  They may never admit out loud they got duped, but they will accept it and quietly withdraw their support.

Then we have to figure out how to change our country, get it back on track.  But right now we don't even have a clue where we are headed as a country. I feel that has been our problem since NASA basically got shelved.  From the beginning, we had a country to carve out and establish up until the world wars.  Then we became the policemen of the world, the standard bearer for democracy.  We had our own human rights and social ills we were addressing at home.  We competed with Russia in the exploration of space.  But now, since then, what do we hang our hat on?  What are our goals as a country? 

We could take up the mantel of renewable energy, education, healthcare, climate control, or human rights.    But we go backwards under Trump in these areas.  We need to re-evaluate why we are where we are and where we want to go.   Mueller is giving us the ammunition to clean house and right the ship.  We need to start looking past Trump and into doing that house cleaning and re focusing our country.  Once we have a focus a lot of our division will go away. 

All this, and I wish there was a way to remove the tumor on the national psyche that is Fox News. I just don't see how it's possible, and it if implodes somehow, something even worse would probably emerge in its place. Maybe redeploy the Fairness Doctrine and apply it to all TV news stations?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lemonlime said:
4 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:
Yeah, we still have emoluments, tax fraud, tax evasion and money laundering to go, much less all the extortion and other shady shit that goes along with that.  At some point enough will be enough for some of these people.  Maybe not all, but hopefully enough to minimize the voice of the hangers on.   This is why the lunatics of Q are important to him.  If that can be exposed as the fraud it is with unimpeachable evidence, a lot trump base fades away.

Yup. I think the dem Congress should hold some hearings on at least emoluments before impeaching. Get the information on how trump is using the office for personal benefit -- additional grounds beyond Mueller and the sdny accusations

You mean other than forcing the government to rent out all the rooms in his golf course hotels every time he wants to get in 54 holes on a weekend?  By holes I mean golf of course...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My dark horse for Chief of Staff is Louie Gohmert 

lol. I mean, yeah, bring in the loudest-mouth firebrand from the GOP that you can find. Somebody to egg him on even more. The entertainment value will be awesome. We'll probably end up at war and/or in a worldwide depression.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The badmofos of the world are already chomping at the bit to start their jack-off Ocasio-Cortez Will Never Be President thread.

Fortunately, he's over on ShaggyTexas having conversations with himself.  It's crazy how there are literally two posters on that board and both of them are him.  As if we didn't already know how disturbed he is. I would imagine that he's probably the dude who got into the lawsuit with blacklab, the guy who inherited the Shag.

If y’all haven’t been watching the Showtime docuseries “Enemies: The President, Justice, and the FBI”, start watching it.

It’s four episodes, starting with Watergate, Iran Contra, Clinton/Whitewater/Lewinsky, and culminating with all the Trump mess.

I’m watching episode four now and it’s a really great historical view on clashes between the FBI/Justice Department and the president/executive branch.

It’s a great watch.

48 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Fortunately, he's over on ShaggyTexas having conversations with himself.  It's crazy how there are literally two posters on that board and both of them are him.  As if we didn't already know how disturbed he is. I would imagine that he's probably the dude who got into the lawsuit with blacklab, the guy who inherited the Shag.

The kind of person one might refer to as, like, very smart and a very stable genius.

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The word "tryst" suggests a relationship of a sexual nature. Holier-than-thou evangelicals getting outed for their hypocrisy is always good entertainment. No such allegation is made in the linked Buzzfeed article. It just refers to a "friendly relationship" between the Falwells and the pool boy. It does put friendly relationship in quotes so it sort of comes across as a nod and a wink. I need more than that. 

It also mentions nothing of Cohen blackmailing Falwell Jr. That Twitter account is private so I can't view any other tweets. That seems a little strange. I didn't read the documents related to the lawsuit from the two Jesuses. Maybe the accusation of a three-way is in there? I can't imagine how that would be relevant from a legal standpoint on a joint business venture gone bad. 

The more I'd like to believe a thinly sourced accusation, the more reason to be skeptical. I'm not buying it. Yet. But I am in the market. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The word "tryst" suggests a relationship of a sexual nature. Holier-than-thou evangelicals getting outed for their hypocrisy is always good entertainment. No such allegation is made in the linked Buzzfeed article. It just refers to a "friendly relationship" between the Falwells and the pool boy. It does put friendly relationship in quotes so it sort of comes across as a nod and a wink. I need more than that. 

It also mentions nothing of Cohen blackmailing Falwell Jr. That Twitter account is private so I can't view any other tweets. That seems a little strange. I didn't read the documents related to the lawsuit from the two Jesuses. Maybe the accusation of a three-way is in there? I can't imagine how that would be relevant from a legal standpoint on a joint business venture gone bad. 

The more I'd like to believe a thinly sourced accusation, the more reason to be skeptical. I'm not buying it. Yet. But I am in the market. 

Agreed. The story was less than satisfying for my prurient interests. I do have to ask why they felt it necessary to include the pool boy in the deal. The case seems kinda iffy. So.. they stole the idea? And you want to get paid? Ok. Why?

The pool boy though. Why him?

More questions than answers. 

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Agreed. The story was less than satisfying for my prurient interests. I do have to ask why they felt it necessary to include the pool boy in the deal. The case seems kinda iffy. So.. they stole the idea? And you want to get paid? Ok. Why?

The pool boy though. Why him?

More questions than answers. 

Are you saying you’ve never met a pool boy that you immediately wanted to go into business with?