Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I did.  And I made the point earlier.

I consider the invitation to be to the team, not to 50 people.  The team made a strong statement with their representation.

Suppose that the US sends me instead of Trump to meet KIm in Singapore.  Don't you think that would be an insult?  I believe that when the Eagles decided to send a tiny representation the Eagles were choosing not to be gracious guests.

Why would the US need donuts delivered to the Singapore Summit?

He doesn't know the words to "God Bless America," he doesn't know how to pronounce "Two Corinthians," and he has failed in numerous interviews to name either a favorite bible verse or favorite book in the bible.  

Perhaps you need to read the new book on the deep and meaningful faith of Donald Trump.

Is there not a single fucking competent person in the West Wing who can wake up on a Tuesday and say, "Hey, the president is going to sing along with 'God Bless America,' so let's make sure he knows the words?"

I mean, it's fucking amateur hour.  

Edited by Paul Wesley
how do quotes work?

4 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

He doesn't know the words to "God Bless America," he doesn't know how to pronounce "Two Corinthians," and he has failed in numerous interviews to name either a favorite bible verse or favorite book in the bible.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Is there not a single fucking competent person in the West Wing who can wake up on a Tuesday and say, "Hey, the president is going to sing along with 'God Bless America,' so let's make sure he knows the words?"

Pretty sure that would be a great way to get fired.

6 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

this is because he was not planned to stand front and center and sing. he was to speak, wave, and rejoin the crowd or stand to the side. but he couldn't help but stay planted in the middle of the chorus and embarrass himself.  it's sort of like this:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FordRules said:

All things that Hitler is know for.  Do some more research for your comparisons.  Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean you can compare them to Hitler, who exterminated people.  Be better

You can’t even fucking spell.  Piss off hitler boy. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is because he was not planned to stand front and center and sing. he was to speak, wave, and rejoin the crowd or stand to the side. but he couldn't help but stay planted in the middle of the chorus and embarrass himself.  it's sort of like this:

giphy.gif

That smirk halfway through the song looks like he realizes he doesn’t know the words and knows his mouth breathing followers won’t care. 

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Some team should accept his offer and when they play the anthem kneel right there on the White House lawn. The scene would be better than any Hollywood movie. 

One hand over your heart, the other raised in a clenched fist.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He doesn't even know the words.  That's one of the most embracing things I've ever seen and I'm being dead serious.

He doesn't even know the words.  That's one of the most embracing things I've ever seen and I'm being dead serious.

Edited by Aqua Buddha

How many people are the President of the United States? A person whose every action is a national statement, and reflects upon the country as a whole, especially when televised. Is it asking too much of him that, if he didn't know the words, he take the time to learn them?

Edited by trauma babe
grammar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

How many people are the President of the United States? A person whose every action is a national statement, and reflects upon the country as a whole, especially when televised. Is it asking too much of him that, if he didn't know the words, that he take the time to learn them?

It kind of is. The man is barely literate.

20 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

How many people know the words to God bless America?

There are 66 fucking words in the song.

12 are "God bless America"

12 are "my home sweet home"

The mountains prairies shit is repeated twice for the last 2 verses.

I haven't had occasion to sing the song in God knows how long but the only part I couldn't remember perfectly was the "through the night" line.

DOTUS is a fake patriot just like he is a fake in every other aspect of his wretched existence.

God bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her 
And guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains 
To the prairies
To the oceans 
White with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home
From the mountains 
To the prairies
To the oceans 
White with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home
God bless America
My home sweet home
Edited by Grade of D as in David
Gotdam autocorrect
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Given that our dumbfuck president speaks almost entirely in one and two syllable words, it's amazing that he can't remember the word to a song whose only 3+ syllable word is AMERICA.

JFC.

Think he knows what polysyllabic means?

I'm guessing no.

If you had asked me to sing "God Bless America" the moment I popped out of bed this morning I could have done it with 0 mistakes, lyrical or otherwise.  To even suggest that the POTUS should get a pass on this is simply indicative of how his asskissers will let him slide on ANYTHING.

Put it this way -- if Obama had done that, talk radio and FOX News would be in full meltdown. 

The hypocrisy is overwhelming. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's more than that.

When you make an entire fucking spectacle of it. When you reduce patriotism to a cheap political trinket used to curry favor among mouth breathing simpletons. When you turn the singing of God Bless America into nothing more than a shamefully ham-fisted photo op. When you're intentionally manipulating important American symbols to score cheap points.

In those cases, the absolute very least you could do is know the god damn fucking words to the song when you're standing front and center, flanked by flags and military, with cameras trained directly on you to capture the moment.

This is a person that wants all of the accolades that comes with success, but wants to put in none of the work that generates it. That's why he's cut corners and / or cheated during his entire fucking career. And that's why he puffs his chest out the most on easy, non-thinking, reflexive, pure emotion issues like "THE FLAG" and "THE ANTHEM." It's literally the very easiest way to portray patriotism....to talk about it. It's much more challenging to, you know, BE a patriot.

Hes a complete piece of crap.  Sorry i misspelled shit.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The national disgrace continues on. The baby boomers can go off themselves. Hope the millinieals do best.

• Like 2

Russia has funneled money to the Dotard and his lackeys, Fox News and their lackeys, and the NRA in order to destroy our democracy to advance their interest. Putin is still pissed about the USSR.  Whether the Americans involved are complicit or not or just fucking greedy for money is besides the point and doesn’t really matter. That is exactly what is happening and the Mueller investigation and this year will turn out to be the most important thing that happened to America since the north won the civil war. 

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
1 hour ago, David Dennison said:
It kind of is. The man is barely literate.

Even odds he can sing his ABCs.

As an experiment somebody should post this about Obama somewhere and see what the reaction is.  I think I know.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Russia has funneled money to the Dotard and his lackeys, Fox News and their lackeys, and the NRA in order to destroy our democracy to advance their interest. Putin is still pissed about the USSR.  Whether the Americans involved are complicit or not or just fucking greedy for money is besides the point and doesn’t really matter. That is exactly what is happening and the Mueller investigation and this year will turn out to be the most important thing that happened to America since the north won the civil war. 

Could Putin have recruited a better useful idiot than Trump to tear apart America’s institutions and norms? 

I’m not saying Trump is a weapon of the Kremlin but what difference would it make if he were? 

Compromised

Revenge

Ideology

Money

Ego

These are the things that motivate terrorists but they oddly apply to Trump/Putin.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz