Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

But they knew the means they were using to get elected. Maybe they should have dared to guess what might happen in the future. All but one of those guys (if you're referring to HW) is pretty smart.

They demagogued to malignant elements in the population no doubt and it came back to eat them alive.  

The democrats had this happen to them with the Dixiecrats and such in the mid-20th.

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

But at least I churned out this heartfelt post on a football message board! That's showin' em! I'm sure the other message board denizens will be moved to take to the streets to begin the process of deposing the Idiot Fuhrer.

Talking about it on a message board has value. 

The Russians proved this on social media over the last five years...we just didn’t know they were Russians.

They actually got Americans to take to the streets in Houston simply by posting messages from their cubicles in St. Petersburg.

That’s impressive and illustrates the powerful influence of communications on the internet.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Diplomacy is so simple! We should have been telling world leaders to get out. I mean come on already!  Had we known this tactic maybe we never would have had to storm the beaches of Normandy

I'd tell Vlad: Buddy, our strategic submarine forces cost a fortune. You know that don't you? Oh yes, gasoline for the nuclear subs costs...well, I don't know exactly but my uncle the nuclear genius told me that they use a lot of gas. They're underwater. A lot of people don't know that, but they stay underwater the whole time. That's expensive. 

Sir, you were taking about Vladamir Putin.

Of course, I know that. I have a fabulous, brilliant memory and I'm something of a genius. So, I tell Vlad that we're getting rid of the nuclear submarines. That's how you do a deal. You soften them up. Then I hit him with, Vlad, my friend, maybe you should get out of Crimea and the Ukraine. I know he'd say, President Trump, my very good and brilliant friend, we will likely do so.

No other president ever would do this. They were soft and low IQ people. Never wrote a book, any of them. I wrote the Art of the Deal. I actually invented the deal.

This is what cleared the path for Trump. McCain must know he is partially responsible for creating the environment that ushered in the Trump era.

It was the beginning of the end of my membership in the Republican Party.

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

NY AG is suing Trump Co charitable foundation. Seeks to dissolve it. "Repeated self-dealing"

More on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I like this part: "The attorney general also sent referral letters to the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Election Commission for possible further action, adding to Mr. Trump’s extensive legal challenges."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bush’s campaign against McCain left me feeling uneasy.  Iraq did it. Selecting Pailin for VP told me I was definitely right. 

I didn’t have the clairvoyance to see the impact of Palin at the time.  

I saw the Palin selection as a political Hail Mary and no one votes for Vice President so it had no influence on my opinion of McCain or the GOP, at the time.

Obviously, mistakes were made 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I didn’t have the clairvoyance to see the impact of Palin at the time.  

I saw the Palin selection as a political Hail Mary and no one votes for Vice President so it had no influence on my opinion of McCain or the GOP, at the time.

Obviously, mistakes were made 

Nominating a white trash airhead was fucking stupid, no matter how they portrayed it. 

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The top Republican, a man who dodged the draft and mocked POWs, saluting a commie general. 

Today’s GOP. 

Looks like general only wanted a handshake but got the full treatment.  art of the deal.

14 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Looks like general only wanted a handshake but got the full treatment.  art of the deal.

Actually, in Trump's defense, he went for the handshake and the Nork saluted, so Trump saluted back.

That's not an excuse, it just further illustrates the fact that Trump didn't do any prep work before the meeting.  I'd be shocked if Kim didn't set that up on purpose to get propaganda footage of the US President saluting a Nork.

Whatever the reason, it's fucking embarrassing.

For comparison, here's President Clinton in 2009 when he went to North Korea to gain the release of US hostages. 

f-clintonkim-a-20161031-870x616.jpg

Edited by DixonHur

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Actually, in Trump's defense, he went for the handshake and the Nork saluted, so Trump saluted back.

That's not an excuse, it just further illustrates the fact that Trump didn't do any prep work before the meeting.  I'd be shocked if Kim didn't set that up on purpose to get propaganda footage of the US President saluting a Nork.

Whatever the reason, it's fucking embarrassing.

OK.  So general confusion instead of embarrassing suck up.  I stand corrected.  Shame on me.