Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

This week’s standoff, like so many others this decade, pits an alienated House GOP caucus against its more reality-driven brethren in the Senate. The House Republicans are, again, refusing to accept their fate and continuing to insist that Washington give in to their demands even as they have struggled to muster an actual majority from their own ranks.

Is Corker already in Chattanooga? Where is Ted Cruz? 

So much winning. 

I didn't post the tweet about Trump being mad about Mattis being called the adult in the room. As if it matters now. 

We're depending on Governor Goodhair to be the voice of reason?

Pound Your Fist in the sand and damn them all. 

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus it’s just all so fucking fucked up.

And I totally expect some ISIS attacks in response to President Big Mouth spouting off about HIS defeat of their organization.

Which will cause all the fucking MAGAts to start screaming for blood.

STOP THIS RIDE I WANT OFF

Pretty sure Trump is doing terrorism better than ISIS could dream.  

I seriously doubt they’re going to get in his way.

So, yeah.  Like no one saw this coming:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/founder-viral-fundraiser-trump-s-border-wall-has-fake-news-n950636

The Florida man behind the GoFundMe page, a triple-amputee Iraq War veteran named Brian Kolfage, spent a large portion of the fundraising campaign’s description outlining his past, including a bolded section titled “How do you know this is not a scam?”

He implored users to look up his history, pointing donors to his verified Facebook page, and saying “I'm credible and a real person.”

The pitch has worked. One anonymous donor gave over $50,000 to the cause at 4 p.m. on Thursday. The GoFundMe trended on Twitter most of Thursday and received widespread media attention.

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing Newsand a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pagesthat the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”

Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.

Kolfage told NBC News he didn’t want to mention Right Wing News or Fight4FreeSpeech because he “didn’t want it to be a distraction.”

Kolfage also ran Right Wing News’ shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

Those sites stopped operating in March, replaced with a string of text that said “This Website Has Gone Out of Business.”

The sites often trafficked in false, inflammatory and racist content, including headlines like “Obnoxious Black People Lose Their Minds When Victoria Secret Models Say This 1 Word On Live Video” and “Trump Just Released Embarrassing Vids Of Obama’s Muslim Friends That He Never Wanted Seen.”

FreedomDaily and VeteranAF frequently ran identical stories by users with different bylines. Several stories on FreedomDaily written by “Liberty Belle” also appear on “VeteranAF” under the byline “Lady Liberty.”

Following Facebook’s takedown, Kolfage’s story drew considerable interest from right-wing media sites including Breitbart and WorldNetDaily. He has since appeared on Fox News to tout Fight4FreeSpeech, a group against “social media censorship.”

Meanwhile, Kolfage’s new crowdfunding effort is thriving. He said if there’s another major conservative cause in the next two months, it will have to be someone else’s problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

30 minutes later:

So he wants to start fulfilling his "constitutional duty to conduct oversight over the policies of the executive branch" now? THIS was the final straw?

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I spent the afternoon drinking beer with a soldier that recently served in Syria.  He's livid about the pull out.  He believes that the Kurds are a terrific ally...tough, smart, brave.  He believes that we're hanging them out to dry...again.    

Kurdish_YPJ_soldiers.jpg

Kurdish female soldiers that were an internet thing for awhile. Then we get bored and move on. Where is Syria, anyway? What's a Kurd?

We're shit when it comes to fulfilling promises to allies. I first read about the Kurds in a National Geographic in the 70s. Mustafa Barzani was their legendary leader. They got dicked out of a country when the Brits carved up the MidEast and they've been fighting ever since.

We've pulled the rug out from under them many times. If we step aside so that Turks can slaughter them in Syria, then we reinforce our standing as shit.

Maybe we should stay clear of the Kurds. Who knows? But we shouldn't keep setting up people like this for the butcher slab.

Shit. It's what America most often is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus it’s just all so fucking fucked up.

And I totally expect some ISIS attacks in response to President Big Mouth spouting off about HIS defeat of their organization.

Which will cause all the fucking MAGAts to start screaming for blood.

STOP THIS RIDE I WANT OFF

I'm with you.

Seemingly, Trump has gone off his rocker with regard to military/ national security interests.

Mattis' retirement is nothing other than a "Fuck you, man, I was with you, but I'm out" move.

My only hope is that the subsequent staff leaders have the stones Mattis did, to try and steer the Dotus in the right direction. 

Semper Fi, Mad Dog.  Even in your departure, you served those who are your charges.

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

The sad irony is that the only folks who will survive are those damn Qanon believing doomsday preppers...maybe they're the ones playing 8D chess.

nah, like cockroaches, they'll eat each other.  I'm not into that.  I'd hope to be formerly existing somewhere near the center of that cloud.   

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

You might want to use a more recent reference:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/monica-lewinsky-in-the-age-of-metoo

Thread drift over.

Nope, you don't get to retake life's tests in retrospect. She was an adult that swam in adult waters.  She didn't--happens all the time.  Mick Jagger and a hell of a lot of rockstars, art stars, college faculty, movie stars, professional athletes, elected officials, bosses and on and on have had their way with scores of fawning youngsters--not all women either.  Maturity is a bitch but what I know now as to what I did then is a learning experience.  Does it make it right--don't know--many divorce lawyers get employed to split the difference, but currently, consensual is between two adults saying yes.  Also, everybody has tools: for a young person it's their body, an older person is money and power.  

Edited by Mdhorn

29 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

May I fantasize a bit how I hope Trump dies (of natural causes, of course)?

First, I want him to die in prison eating shitty prison food that makes him gag for the rest of his days.

Second, I want him to keep what remains of his mental faculties with full awareness of everything around him until the moment the lights are turned out in his brain?

Next, I want him to die from an extremely painful and embarrassing disease. Unfortunately, I don't know much about illnesses so I'll just describe the symptoms and maybe some surly doc can project a diagnosis:

• Debilitating pain, lots of it, throughout his body.
  • Something that causes him to constantly shit, piss, and vomit all over himself.
  • Bleeding from the eyes, ears, and rectum? Most definitely.
  • Gaseous with lots of pains. Really horrible flatulence that constantly makes himself gag. 
  • Complete loss of hair so he'll finally have to face the fact that he's bald.
  • Does it require amputation of limbs? You better believe it does.
  • All his teeth fall out while his skin itches constantly.
  • Add in scrotum cancer and scabies on his dick.
  • Loss of speech would be good too.

Finally, I want him to be fully aware that he and all his adult progeny (except for Tiffany, maybe) are destitute and imprisoned, and will remain that way for the rest of their years spent in prison. I'd also love him to feel the shame of Melanie pointing and laughing at him every time she visits, as well as the knowledge that the Trump name will surpass that of Benedict Arnold in the annals of American history as being synonymous with "traitorous piece of shit" for all of eternity and that a monument will be constructed over his body that invites the public to defecate into a hole on top of it. 

All while sharing a cell with some mean Honduran motherfucker who secretly fucks with him at night and screws with him all day every day so he'll never again experience a moment of calm, tranquility, rest, and relaxation.

A man can dream...

Edited by bolverk
I also want him to desperately jones for an adderall fix that never arrives.
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

My only hope is that the subsequent staff leaders have the stones Mattis did, to try and steer the Dotus in the right direction. 

Semper Fi, Mad Dog.  Even in your departure, you served those who are your charges.

That's real fucking cute.  You think anyone with the stones is gonna work for that fuckwit?  He's damaged goods.  In reality, he was two years ago, but at that time people though they could rationalize, work with him, and steer/persuade him.  No longer. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That's real fucking cute.  You think anyone with the stones is gonna work for that fuckwit?  He's damaged goods.  In reality, he was two years ago, but at that time people though they could rationalize, work with him, and steer/persuade him.  No longer. 

I get your perspective, but yeah, i can hold out hope for miracles...

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

I love this so much. He fucking sucks at negotiating everything. Business, government/bills, foreign affairs/tariffs, etc. He is so out of his element. I bet you he didn’t even negotiate his apprentice contracts with NBC; some entertainment agent probably did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Trump Presidency reminds me of that Star Trek episode where Ron Howard’s weird-looking kid brother is an omnipotent brat.  Trump’s a petulant moron, but he occupies the most powerful office on Earth.  As such, he can make a lot of dumb, childish shit happen despite his stunning ineptitude.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

I love this so much. He fucking sucks at negotiating everything. Business, government/bills, foreign affairs/tariffs, etc. He is so out of his element. I bet you he didn’t even negotiate his apprentice contracts with NBC; some entertainment agent probably did.

Since you mentioned this, it reminded me of something I read last summer.  Oh, here it is:

https://trofire.com/2018/06/09/former-nbc-president-explains-how-bad-donald-trump-is-at-negotiating-deals/

Donald Trump likes to claim that he’s the best deal-maker in the world, but the people that have worked closely with him for years along with those who have analyzed his deals know all too well that Trump is actually really, really bad at negotiating. A new book reveals that former NBC president Jeff Zucker actually out-dealed the Donald with his Apprentice contract, whittling him down from his demands of $1 million per episode to just $60,000 per episode. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins explains the myth of Trump as a master negotiator.

This past weekend Politico kind of did a write-up on it, and talked about some of the deals that Donald Trump made throughout his career stretching all the way back from the early 80s til today. It talked about the fact that every one of these deals was pretty much a disaster for Donald Trump. But here’s one that really sticks out, and this is one that people need to understand because this one kind of says more about Trump than the rest; that is, during the first season of the Apprentice on NBC, Donald Trump was paid $50,000 an episode. That was their pilot season, they didn’t know if it was going to work, if it wasn’t, if it was going to be popular, so $50,000 was very generous.

For season two, after the show proved to be popular, Donald Trump demanded $1,000,000 per episode; and he is such an expert negotiator that he was able to secure $60,000 per episode. He went from 50,000 to 60,000, but he wanted a million. He wanted a pay increase of $950,000 per episode, but instead settled for a $10,000 increase per episode.

Yeah, he could have drawn a hard line and said, “I will absolutely not do it for less than a million.” The show would have said, “Okay, we’ll find somebody else or we just won’t do the show anymore.” But Trump, knowing that he wanted to be on TV, that he wanted people watching him every week, decided to say, “Okay, I’ll back down. I’ll take your 60,000. I’ll keep doing it.” That’s not an expert negotiator, that’s a puppy that just got in trouble for going to the bathroom on the carpet, folks. That is what Donald Trump’s entire career has been like.

27 minutes ago, bolverk said:

First, I want him to die in prison eating shitty prison food that makes him gag for the rest of his days.

Second, I want him to keep what remains of his mental faculties with full awareness of everything around him until the moment the lights are turned out in his brain?

Next, I want him to die from an extremely painful and embarrassing disease. Unfortunately, I don't know much about illnesses so I'll just describe the symptoms and maybe some surly doc can project a diagnosis:

• Something that causes him to constantly shit, piss, and vomit all over himself.
  • Gaseous with lots of pains. Really horrible flatulence that constantly makes himself gag. 

Finally, I want him to be fully aware that he and all his adult progeny (except for Tiffany, maybe) are destitute and imprisoned, and will remain that way for the rest of their years spent in prison. I'd also love him to feel the shame of Melanie pointing and laughing at him every time she visits, as well as the knowledge that the Trump name will surpass that of Benedict Arnold in the annals of American history as being synonymous with "traitorous piece of shit" for all of eternity and that a monument will be constructed over his body that invites the public to defecate into a hole on top of it. 

All while sharing a cell with some mean Honduran motherfucker who secretly fucks with him at night and screws with him all day every day so he'll never again experience a moment of calm, tranquility, rest, and relaxation.

A man can dream...

Was hoping for a Godzilla sized female praying mantis but whatever.  

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

This is man at odds with his hair, so it's only fitting that he's employed by the White House.  In all three appearances, he was and will always be, a cuck.  

Good to see that the skin on his head will now be a full reflection of his views (if you get my drift).

Edited by bolverk
shiny reflection

37 minutes ago, slorch said:

I'm with you.

Seemingly, Trump has gone off his rocker with regard to military/ national security interests.

Mattis' retirement is nothing other than a "Fuck you, man, I was with you, but I'm out" move.

You do realize that Trump paid zero attention to Mattis right? When he heard about Some People saying Mattis was the only one that had a goddamn clue in the WH that was enough to disregard anything that came out of his piehole. He absolutely cannot stand any criticism. Especially when it involves his saber rattling. Mattis saw that there was nothing left. He might as well get the hell out. 

Support the troops my ass. 

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

You do realize that Trump paid zero attention to Mattis right? When he heard about Some People saying Mattis was the only one that had a goddamn clue in the WH that was enough to disregard anything that came out of his piehole. He absolutely cannot stand any criticism. Especially when it involves his saber rattling. Mattis saw that there was nothing left. He might as well get the hell out. 

Support the troops my ass. 

I don't believe Mattis quit just to quit.  there is far too much equity in the position he held.  he had been dutiful and supportive of Trump.

His resignation/ retirement means something very significant.

have no idea what you mean by the last line unless you are mocking Trump.

A man can dream...

I like that he cut of your jib.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't believe Mattis quit just to quit.  there is far too much equity in the position he held.  he had been dutiful and supportive of Trump.

His resignation/ retirement means something very significant.

have no idea what you mean by the last line unless you are mocking Trump.

Mocking every damn GOP sonofabitch that ever said it and meant none of it. Mattis...dare I say it? Retreated.