Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

34 minutes ago, bolverk said:

"His sincere level of compassion, grief and sorrow for the events that took place was, in its own way, very inspiring."

I'm going to have to beg forgiveness here as I know absolutely nothing about the political players involved. In fact, I've never heard the name Keith Rothfus in my entire life. I will assume, though, he's some sort of local elected Republican official given the call for votes.

Still, I will ask, what demonstrable level of "compassion, grief and sorrow" did he reach that was so singularly inspiring that it earned a special tweet from our *spit* president? What did he do, and who is he that makes him so unique? [SERIOUSLY]

He was the only one willing to suck the orange cock mushroom.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

On 10/30/2018 at 2:16 PM, SimonBolivar said:

My immigration law knowledge is weak. If parent A is in the MS-13 mob and is from Honduras and has a child in Houston with parent B from the same MS-13 mob who is from Guatemala then is the baby an Honduran and Guatemalan citizen or are they stateless? 

Triple citizenship

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthright-citizenship-order-daca-obama-f210a62c-f328-41fe-a9b9-13a0f37f2dde.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

President Trump told reporters Wednesday that if President Obama could "do DACA, we can do this by executive order,” referring to his plan to use an executive order to end birthright citizenship for immigrants who are not permanent residents of the U.S. 

Between the lines: The Trump administration has railed against Obama for using an executive order to implement DACA, which protects unauthorized immigrants who came to the U.S. as children from deportation, calling it unconstitutional and working to overturn it. But now Trump is using it in defense of his own planned order. Most scholars believe such a move would require a constitutional amendment — not executive order — to change birthright citizenship.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/politics/mcgahn-trump-mueller/index.html

Former White House Counsel Don McGahn ended his tumultuous tenure at the White House with one last encounter in which President Donald Trump blamed him for Robert Mueller's appointment, sources close to McGahn tell CNN. 

With new counsel on board, White House braces for post-election fights

In a face-to-face Oval Office meeting, the President groused to McGahn about Mueller's appointment made on McGahn's watch as White House counsel, and the cloud the investigation has continued to cast over the presidency, the people familiar with the conversation said. 

Sources say while the President was fixated on Mueller, he also gave McGahn high marks for other matters during his time as the top White House lawyer, as CNN previously reported. One source said the President's continued frustration about Mueller is another example of him shifting blame for the ongoing Russia investigation.

Mueller must have some good shit in the bag. He's growing more desperate by the day. No shit, I fully expect him to tweet something to the effect of "Vote R or you're a traitor"

“If you don’t (chew Big Red), vote republican then Fuck You!”

21 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Did you see that Politico article that posits dotus has been subpoenaed already? That has to be it. 

Yeah, but that’s not making the kind of noise on the right wing forums or MSM like the Wohl scandal.

The Wohl smear campaign, as dumb as it is, was set to pop tomorrow until he got busted.  

That timing is also curious, in the home stretch of the midterms.

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

My theory is dotus is orchestrating the smear campaign precisely because of the possible subpoena 

Seems like Trump wants to smear Mueller but he can’t do it too overtly himself because of the midterms so he got his little friends to do it behind the scenes.  

So POTUS just stated that by ending birthright citizenship, he would be keeping the "criminals and drug dealers out of our country."

Any of the remaining Trump defenders want to give that a shot? If you're not too busy losing your shit on the Don Lemon thread. 

Yeah, but that’s not making the kind of noise on the right wing forums or MSM like the Wohl scandal.

The Wohl smear campaign, as dumb as it is, was set to pop tomorrow until he got busted.  

That timing is also curious, in the home stretch of the midterms.

Why is the timing curious? Got to keep people in place that will protect dear leader from the evil and lying Dems right?

Edit: Mueller is assumed to be a dem in this fantasy world

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 10:28 AM, bad_teammate said:

It's not about rewriting the Constitution, it's about the executive choosing to ignore it in its execution of laws.

Not a lawyerly type, but could it be simply to provoke a fight over the 14th that ultimately gets decided upon by the Supreme Court that is now in firm conservative control?

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

Not a lawyerly type, but could it be simply to provoke a fight over the 14th that ultimately gets decided upon by the Supreme Court that is now in firm conservative control?

With an executive order the Supreme Court wouldn't need to decide the Constitutional issue.

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I wonder how much that is costing us. 

Travis Sharp, a research fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, estimated that a deployment of 15,000 active-duty troops through mid-December would cost from $90 million to $110 million. He calculated a 10,000-troop deployment of active-duty forces would cost about $60 million to $75 million.

Gen. Terrence O’Shaughnessy, commander of Northern Command, said Tuesday that he could not give an estimate of the operation’s cost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/ahead-of-midterm-elections-trump-says-he-may-send-15000-troops-to-us-mexico-border/2018/10/31/9e7740ec-dd4a-11e8-aa33-53bad9a881e8_story.html?utm_term=.20c393ea4a60

• Like 1