Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Do the recruits even care if Jimbo is the coach going forward?  They didn’t care about having a DC, so I’m thinking Jimbo being in the hot seat or even just aggy flat out sucking won’t keep the 5-star mercenaries from continuing to sign up with the fightin Texas aggies.
Is Jimbo the “expert” at paying recruits under the table and it will dry up if he’s fired or they’ll be so blatant, they get caught?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Do the recruits even care if Jimbo is the coach going forward?  They didn’t care about having a DC, so I’m thinking Jimbo being in the hot seat or even just aggy flat out sucking won’t keep the 5-star mercenaries from continuing to sign up with the fightin Texas aggies.

The bigger question is if money will keep flowing? Nobody wants to spend millions with no return on investment. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Weigman looked worse than King. He moved the ball on the final drive when South Carolina went to prevent but he looked awful before that. 

If this guy is the savior he's years away. 

Every throw looks like he is using max effort.  And his hail Mary didn't even go 50 yards. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Is Jimbo the “expert” at paying recruits under the table and it will dry up if he’s fired or they’ll be so blatant, they get caught?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Based on their history, we know a few things:

Haynes King tried throw a punch but dislocated his shoulder and had to go to the medical tent before the ruckus got lit in the Station.

Bryce Foster got a mental health note from his mommy and sat in the corner crying while she got thumbs up from all the posters at Texags

Evan Stewart refused to throw a punch unless he got $250K guaranteed for the rest of the year

Denver Harris threatened to “run all you m’fers over” in the garage on a live IG stream

Ainias Smith offered to drive everyone home as he has a strap for protection and some weed to chill everyone out 

Coach Craig promised more ballet jumping drills on Monday

This season has been great for Aggie

And what did Tunmise Adeleye do?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Weigman looked worse than King. He moved the ball on the final drive when South Carolina went to prevent but he looked awful before that. 

If this guy is the savior he's years away. 

it's almost like having a super complex offense + playing a true freshman in it is super hard.

they need to just take their lumps with Weigman, modernize/simplify the offense and play for 2023 at this point

they can't afford to go into next year with another Max Johnson / Weigman / ??? - no way King stays around.

Edited by NoName

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

here is their depth chart from ourlads:

image.thumb.png.77a46a051b5394fe8a3317e0c8b61a1b.png

So, here are the draft eligible juniors who should or might consider leaving for the draft, more or less in order of a guesstimated draft stock by me

Antonio Johnson

Devon Achane

Jaylon Jones

Fadil Diggs

McKinnley Jackson

Edgerin Cooper

Draft eligible juniors who play but seem unlikely to leave:

Isaiah rakes

Moose Muhammad

Class of 2019 seniors who play, and who seem like they're likely gone:

Layden Robinson

Ainias Smith

Demani Richardson

Chris Russell

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

they need to just take their lumps with Weigman, modernize/simplify the offense and play for 2023 at this point

No offense meant, but i think this is a fan fantasy. If something like this could be pulled off, we'd get a better experience as fans.

On the team side, losing in hopes of a better future is poisonous, IMHO. They're operating in the now not the future. They work hard in the gym, endure the physical punishment of the game, and keep working through long off seasons for something more than wasting a year of eligiblity not fielding the best team possible to win and then actually winning.

I think Mack said that there is no next year at a place like Texas. You must win now. A&M imagines they are a program like Texas or any of the other blue bloods (I'm so sick of that term). They have tried, seemingly successfully, to recruit to that level, and now have players with expectations for the payoff today.

You must field the best team you can. Maybe that means Weigman, I don't know. He couldn't beat out the guys ahead of him in the summer, I don't know how much he may have improved on the bench and taking second/third team reps. I didn't see their game Saturday.

They're fucked if they don't finish gloriously and likely fucked anyway. Their studs aren't just mercenaries; they're mercenaries that signed on for winning as well as money. If they were winning, they might just start loving dear old A&M, but they're not. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Much like King his throwing motion is very awkward. 

I now see why he wasn't starting over King or Johnson. 

I'm pretty sure Jimbo teaches them that awkward throwing motion. Calzada and Mond had it too. Probably why they're all so inaccurate.

@RomaVicta is 100% correct "Their studs aren't just mercenaries; they're mercenaries that signed on for winning as well as money. If they were winning, they might just start loving dear old A&M, but they're not. " -- worse -- some of their really good studs are from out of state. You cannot tell me the list of these players from Tennessee, Georgia and Florida don't have options in the portal? I can't believe Nolen hasn't already portal'd to TN. Heck .. I'm sure even the Houston guys are looking at LSU. 

TAMUList.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Are any of them good?

59 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Good? Probably not. Better than their backups? Probably.

Foster and Ogunbiyi were playing worse than their backups - but in Ogunbiyi's case he was benched and only inserted back into the starting lineup after his backup was injured.

I wonder if Foster transfers - or just quits football altogether.  Either way - glad heand his mom are someone else's problem.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Would have to give up his bird seed NIL deal.  Maybe he will go to USC and try to play for Henson who always did what he said, except for that time he took another job. 

He isn’t going anywhere with Big Bird Seed in his pockets pulling all the strings 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Speaking of which, has anybody seen @Ghost of LL
 Did he OD on the super high quality pure stuff?

I have a serious confession to make here: I didn't know aggy had lost to (not the real) USC until this afternoon.  I was so distraught by our loss that I completely ignored college football the rest of the weekend.

I really missed out.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I have a serious confession to make here: I didn't know aggy had lost to (not the real) USC until this afternoon.  I was so distraught by our loss that I completely ignored college football the rest of the weekend.

I really missed out.

It didn’t take away the sting. Especially considering they had the chance to get blown out, but USCe going to do their thing.   At least it appears aggy has completely lost their locker room after the game.