Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ainias Smith is a WR. 

Ruben Owens is a RB. I'm not sure Ainias Smith is returning to A&M after surgery to switch positions back to one he hasn't played at a couple years in College Station, to compete with Ruben Owens. 

He'd probably get way more targets lining up as a RB in Jimbo's offense than if he lined up at WR. 

Doesn't matter, as Ian Boyd is reporting that he's going to move to LB this year. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

He'd probably get way more targets lining up as a RB in Jimbo's offense than if he lined up at WR. 

Doesn't matter, as Ian Boyd is reporting that he's going to move to LB this year. 

Doesn't matter which either way. As bad a shape as aggy is in, they will run him into the ground and ruin him physically by the end of the season. 

Edited by SHOOTER12

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ainias Smith is a WR. 

Ruben Owens is a RB. I'm not sure Ainias Smith is returning to A&M after surgery to switch positions back to one he hasn't played at a couple years in College Station, to compete with Ruben Owens. 

You are right, I am an idiot, delete user, ban post. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ainias Smith is a WR. 

Ruben Owens has a ton to learn in pass pro, and if he doesn't pick it up quick he will either be on the bench due to Jimbo or Weigman will get a concussion.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Ruben Owens has a ton to learn in pass pro, and if he doesn't pick it up quick he will either be on the bench due to Jimbo or Weigman will get a concussion.

That offensive line is rock solid. I can’t believe they will ever need the RB to be a part of pass pro. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sorry for the bump, but came across this on twitter and figured it would be a nice way to close out aggies 23 class.

FdXG3zoXwAERPY7?format=jpg&name=large

Obviously not fully updated, but It's pretty funny just how wrong their insiders are so frequently.

2/5 on the near-locks and 0/5 on the feel-goods. Ouch.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I actually don't think he's an aggy. He just got so emotionally invested in buying recruits that he thought aggy was truly building a powerhouse. I think it was fear---dumb fear of course. 

You’d be wrong. At the end of his time here or after being called back he let the mask slip and started to refer to a&m as “we.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Billy Liucci
November 29, 2023

Key notes from Ryan Brauninger (Segment 1)

• I started hearing from Texas high school football coaches on Sunday. They are excited and expressed that A&M made a very wise decision. In his introductory press conference, not only did he mention the TXHSFB Association and had great things to say, he did it early on. It was a priority to him. I thought that was very wise. 

• This message that the TXHSFB doesn't matter anymore? That could not be further from the truth. Jason Howell and I work directly with those coaches day to day. Those coaches are massive assets for us at TexAgs. They are massive for Texas A&M. Most will do whatever they can for the kids they coach. They are a massive asset. They impact these kids' lives. It bothers me when people post they don't matter. 

• Just like on Twitter, when you have the veil of anonymity to post whatever you want without your name attached to it, you get more bold and brazen about tweeting whatever. This is a good reminder this time of year: Don't associate somebody's ability to post and send with their ability to be right. You better make sure the people you are listening to know what they are talking about. There is so much out there being passed around by people who think they know but have no idea.

• This is a busy time of year. You are always on call right now. Over the last 12 hours, I know for a fact that coach Mike Elko has begun contacting the current commit class. The initial response has been insanely positive. I would expect you to see multiple commits to reaffirm their commitment. When there is a coaching change, you can re-official visit. I put stuff on Billy Liucci's Premium Board about it. There is a real incentive to subscribe to TexAgs. We are posting big and small recruiting nuggets. 

• I believe he talked to Dealyn Evans‍, Myles Davis‍, Miles O'Neill‍, AJ Maddox‍ and Dominick McKinley‍. There are parents getting on the phone call list. Elko is being meticulous with his day. Hiring a staff is important. He is meeting with players as much as he can. The next most important is the commits and recruits. Next, it's the coaches and trainers who have a bond with the recruits. He has the ball rolling. Jason and I will start reaching out to get quotes.

• There are certain people on campus who want to get some face time with him who are massively important to what he wants to do. Every time his phone rings, he is talking to people who matter.

Key notes from Billy Liucci (Segment 2)

• People are beyond thrilled. Some of the key veterans and leaders. There will be a chance to keep guys in school that people don't think of. Elko understands. He has a vision and plan for this machine. When it comes to NIL, not only acquisition but in terms of how to leverage that of guys turning pro that shouldn't. He has seen that at A&M. Guys like Fadil Diggs and Shemar Turner. That part of the NIL is significant. 

• Mike Elko had a sales pitch and plan for this place. I would bet a million dollars that he was the most impressive person they talked to because he was knowledgeable of this place and because of who he is. 

• I am not going to try to get Twitter likes with coaching moves. If it happens, we can post it on the site and then go post it on Twitter. I am not going to wildly speculate for tweets. I am not going to lead the subscribers astray. In the first couple of days, I am not going to get in the way of them making hires. I see names. Some people at other schools have contracts, and the schools can claim tampering and this and that. Position coaches? Buyouts matter. I will be careful in particular on how we handle this. It will be interesting to see where Mike Elko swings in terms of his two coordinators
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Key notes from Billy Liucci (Segment 2)
  • Mike Elko had a sales pitch and plan for this place. I would bet a million dollars that he was the most impressive person they talked to because he was knowledgeable of this place and because of who he is. 

Wait just a fucking minute here. They hired the most impressive person they talked to who would actually take the job? aggy is getting it figured out folks. Look out world, they're hiring the most impressive options now. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

There are certain people on campus who want to get some face time with him who are massively important to what he wants to do. Every time his phone rings, he is talking to people who matter.

This made me chuckle since we know this is the bagmen. 

10 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Wait just a fucking minute here. They hired the most impressive person they talked to who would actually take the job? aggy is getting it figured out folks. Look out world, they're hiring the most impressive options now. 

Yes. After trying to get bigger fish to nibble. And after giving Mark Stoops the job and then reneging. Elko was their first choice (after about 6 others)

Lol at Looch - "Mike Elko had a sales pitch and plan for this place. I would bet a million dollars that he was the most impressive person they talked to because he was knowledgeable of this place and because of who he is."

Elko was so impressive that the interviewer Bjork decided to offer Mark Stoops first...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3