Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

17 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Gotta think Sark is not happy with that being leaked. Now he's gotta re-recruit Malik Murphy, looks like there's a big push from all of our commits doing that right now. This is either gonna be really good or catastrophic lmao.

How is this any different from us recruiting Brown?

32 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Murphy wants a shot to compete for the starting job right away. He doesn't view himself as the developmental type, we shall see. 

Murphy has come out and said he understands he's not ready to start now. But he'll compete to the best of his ability 

17 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

We were in his living room within hours of him entering the portal.

Thamel reported Ewers was in the portal at 5:55pm on Friday. I assume that’s precisely when Ewers entered his name since other outlets would’ve picked it up first otherwise. Sark then had time to get to DFW and meet with him for 3+ hours

13 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

3 hours is long?

Sark recruited him all last spring so they've had many talks about scheme, fit, etc., so really they don't have a lot to talk about.  I'm guessing Friday was about NIL, and updates on the team and roster. 3 hours is pretty long in this case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Thamel reported Ewers was in the portal at 5:55pm on Friday. I assume that’s precisely when Ewers entered his name since other outlets would’ve picked it up first otherwise. Sark then had time to get to DFW and meet with him for 3+ hours

And Zay tweeted at Ewers at 6:31pm on Friday.

46 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yes. But Kirby Smart is a moron who also started Jake Fromm over Justin Fields.

I can’t believe people pay for this.

Seriously. “Hey, we’re gonna sit on the scoop you’ll pay money for, but then we’ll confirm information you got for free from another source. Thanks for the $9.95.”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas knew Ewers was transferring before it was official announced because those cryptic tweets from the football account had to be about him. 

Players can contact coaches before they officially enter the portal correct? Texas had a heads up on this. 

Mahomes was hinting at it 9 minutes after Thamel tweeted. Thamel already had a short list of teams interested when he broke the news. Sark knew in advance, but so did everyone else that Ewers’ team thought would advance the bidding war. 

I don’t think it’s noteworthy that we knew in advance, but it is significant that we got the first meeting. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust