Kenosha shooting

Pancho

25 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Hide contents

spoiler tags for murder. not clear exactly what happened, but I think this is the aftermath after he murdered 1 person, when he murdered another and caused a third to lose his arm. Either way, 2 dead 1 maimed.

Kind of amazing the shooter was allowed to approach a police cruiser without the cops pulling guns on him immediately. Hell, he even reached down and made some furtive movements to adjust his rifle a few times when walking up.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Kind of amazing the shooter was allowed to approach a police cruiser without the cops pulling guns on him immediately. Hell, he even reached down and made some furtive movements to adjust his rifle a few times when walking up.

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I can’t qwhite put my finger on the difference 

Just now, HoustonFrog said:

Cop should be charged, every single non peaceful protestor should be charged and the police/military should keep order. When they don’t, wild shit happens and people on both sides do dumb shit playing war like children. End of story.

The military does not provide domestic police services.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The military does not provide domestic police services.

When a disaster or civil riot is declared the National Guard certainly can. Remember New Orleans?

The so-called “militia” should not be on the streets if a curfew had been in effect, except to be on private property to defend it (if requested by the owner). Otherwise they are in civil disobedience just like the protestors.

Edited by Armybrat

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They should stop being so black. 

I'm behind on the thread and don't know if this point has been made. But we've seen them get shot trying to comply, like reaching for their driver's license during a traffic stop, or informing the officer that they're a licensed gun owner and have a gun in the car. We've seen them get shot in the back trying to run away. We've seen the cops roll up on a child playing with a toy gun in a park and shoot him dead without ever even ordering him to "drop it!" They get shot doing things I would never get shot for because I'm white. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

I suppose one could argue that every black person should lie face down on the ground with their arms spread out whenever a cop is present just to be safe. I'm pretty sure some of them would still get shot while dropping and a few more would get shot while lying prone. 

They should either stop being black or we should do something to fix the police. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:35 PM, dcar00 said:

you would think.  I'm just asking if it was confirmed there was no weapon in the car and no reason to believe there might be one.

Somehow I think if they had found a gun or other dangerous weapon in the car, it would have been blasted from the mountain tops by the police unions.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:40 PM, dcar00 said:

one, I am just talking about basic education about how to act at a traffic stop and other things

I think the high school in my small town did something like that with the seniors two years ago. IIRC, it was just a one hour presentation given in the gym by the local sheriff, or something. I only know about it because a friend of mine is a teacher and I think I remember him mentioning it.

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Somehow I think if they had found a gun or other dangerous weapon in the car, it would have been blasted from the mountain tops by the police unions.

there is always a delay in reporting the event and information in these types of cases.  I'm not saying there is a gun in the car but the possibility exists.  Its also possible he was looking for his keys on the floorboard or any other thing.  audio would be good to see if he said what he was going to do "I'm getting the hell out of here" or" that's it I'm done with you guys".

have they fired the cop yet?

The Wisconsin Department of Justice Wednesday evening named the officer who shot Jacob Blake and provided additional information about the shooting.

Blake had a knife on the driver's side floorboard and had no other weapons, the DOJ said in a news release.

The officer who shot Blake seven times is Rusten Sheskey, on the Kenosha police force for seven years. He has been placed on administrative leave.

More:Less than 3 minutes passed between when Kenosha police arrived and when Jacob Blake was shot, according to dispatch audio

More:'He was not treated like a human that day': Family of Jacob Blake, now paralyzed, speaks out on police shooting

According to the release:

A woman called police to report that her boyfriend was present and was not supposed to be on the premises.

Officers tried to arrest Blake. One of the officers deployed a Taser to try to stop him, but it did not work.

Blake walked around to the driver's side of his vehicle, opened the door, and "leaned forward."

"While holding onto Mr. Blake’s shirt, Officer Rusten Sheskey fired his service weapon 7 times. Officer Sheskey fired the weapon into Mr. Blake’s back," the news release reads.

No other officers fired their guns.

Blake told police he had a knife in an interview following the shooting. It is unclear whether responding officers knew Blake had a knife. Attorney General Josh Kaul in a news conference was asked repeatedly about it and declined to be more specific.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-had-knife-car-but-otherwise-unarmed-tased-kenosha-officer-rusten-sheskey-shot-in-back/5639429002/

Kenosha police scanner audio indicates that police opened fire on 29-year-old Jacob Blake less than five minutes after they were initially contacted.

In cell phone video shared widely on social media, Blake can be seen being followed by two officers with weapons drawn as he opens his car door and leans inside. One of the officers grabs Blake by the back of his shirt, and seven shots can be heard.

Blake remains in serious condition in a Milwaukee hospital.

According to the audio obtained by Madison365, someone called police to report that Blake was at her home and wasn’t supposed to be, and that he had taken her keys and was refusing to give them back. A dispatcher relayed this message to patrol officers at about 5:11 pm Sunday.

About 30 seconds later, she let patrol officers know that there was “an alert at this address for a 99 for this subject,” apparently to indicate that a warrant had been issued for Blake’s arrest. Court records indicate a warrant was issued on three charges — two misdemeanors and one G-class felony — on July 7. Court records indicate no previous criminal charges in the state of Wisconsin.

About a minute after the initial call, the dispatcher indicated that Blake was leaving the premises, and that the woman who had initially called had hung up.

Listen to the police scanner audio:

Just five minutes after the initial call, an officer can be heard reporting shots fired, and the dispatcher acknowledged the report. Additional officers were then dispatched to the scene, with another officer asking responding officers to verify that the officers initially on the scene were ok.

About 40 seconds after the report that shots had been fired, an officer on the scene requests “rescue ASAP,” presumably for Blake. About two minutes after the shots fired call, another officer reported that all officers on the scene are ok.

The state Department of Justice is leading the investigation. Governor Tony Evers and Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes are delivering remarks via online video this afternoon. The remarks are available here and we will have an update on those remarks later this afternoon.

Link to the 911 call

https://madison365.com/kenohsa-police-opened-fire-less-than-5-minutes-after-being-called-scanner-audio/

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

DOJ: Jacob Blake had knife when officers tried to arrest him

//www.wbay.com/2020/08/26/doj-jacob-blake-had-knife-when-officers-tried-to-arrest-him/

When will people finally understand that you shouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight?

So because the cops say he had a knife he deserved to get shot in the back 7 times?

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I have one in my vehicle and one in my pocket at all times, as all real Texan men do I assume.

Yep.  Me, too.  I've just never used it as a weapon to resist arrest on outstanding criminal warrants.  The guy who took the phone cam video has said that the cops were telling him to "drop the knife"  -- who knows?

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Yep.  Me, too.  I've just never used it as a weapon to resist arrest on outstanding criminal warrants.  The guy who took the phone cam video has said that the cops were telling him to "drop the knife"  -- who knows?

Did they also tell him to stop resisting?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Did he use it "as a weapon to resist arrest"?

Why is it that police leadership always tells the public not to jump to conclusions until a thorough investigation is complete, and then immediately starts to leak any details that might sway public opinion to the cops' side while the investigation is still ongoing?

I mean, I know the answer, but there are probably a few people reading this that need to think about that.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did they know he had a warrant when they got there?

Yes.  It's on the 9-11 scanner audio.  The original dispatch was because "he wasn't supposed to be there."  On the way there the dispatcher calls in the felony warrant.

cnn cooper just said the knife was in the vehicle, not on his person, when he got up and walked away from them around the front of his vehicle.

combined with a felony warrant, standing there with their thumbs up their ass is beyond ludicrous.

tackle him, put him on the ground, and cuff him.

how is that not the standard operating procedure?

the investigation should have been done within 24 hours.

arrests and indictments within 48 hours.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yes.  It's on the 9-11 scanner audio.  The original dispatch was because "he wasn't supposed to be there."  On the way there the dispatcher calls in the felony warrant.

The girlfriend said he wouldn’t give back her keys...I’m interested in knowing what happened to them. Are those the keys to the vehicle? 

Also wondering if the cops knew there were kids in the backseat. I don’t know if there’s an outdoor equivalent to clearing the room/scene? 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

cnn cooper just said the knife was in the vehicle, not on his person, when he got up and walked away from them around the front of his vehicle.

combined with a felony warrant, standing there with their thumbs up their ass is beyond ludicrous.

tackle him, put him on the ground, and cuff him.

how is that not the standard operating procedure?

the investigation should have been done within 24 hours.

arrests and indictments within 48 hours.

I initially thought there 4 cops, but apparently there were only 2.5. Cause the female cop was apparently there just for the look.

What's the charge for cowardice and shitty police work?

18 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I initially thought there 4 cops, but apparently there were only 2.5. Cause the female cop was apparently there just for the look.

What's the charge for cowardice and shitty police work?

The initial call indicated he was waving a knife around (prompting the 911 call), had a felony warrant, prior threats of firearms, was attempted to be taken down and fought the officers off prior to his walk around to the front of the car. 

So are we saying he had a knife, put it in the truck, went back around, fought off the officers when they arrived, made his way to then go back and get the knife?  Or was there more than one knife?

53 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The initial call indicated he was waving a knife around (prompting the 911 call), had a felony warrant, prior threats of firearms, was attempted to be taken down and fought the officers off prior to his walk around to the front of the car. 

So are we saying he had a knife, put it in the truck, went back around, fought off the officers when they arrived, made his way to then go back and get the knife?  Or was there more than one knife?

That's quite a lot of believing a 911 call AND the police's recounting of it are accurate. Call me crazy, but I don't trust the fucking cops when they investigate themselves and decide which evidence the public gets to see or not - and I'm inclined to not believe their story due to the high frequency of lies embellishments in police affidavits. Just ask Masai Ujiri how that shit can go.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That's quite a lot of believing a 911 call AND the police's recounting of it are accurate. Call me crazy, but I don't trust the fucking cops when they investigate themselves and decide which evidence the public gets to see or not - and I'm inclined to not believe their story due to the high frequency of lies embellishments in police affidavits. Just ask Masai Ujiri how that shit can go.

the 911 call will be public eventually.  wouldn't be surprised if he did have the knife out of the car at some point but it might have been before the police showed up.

33 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I do want to hear the 911 call. But the dispatch audio does say that he/someone wasn't supposed to be there and that they had a warrant. That can't be disputed.

If there really was a plague of racist police officers hunting down and executing black men, you wouldn't think every single case BLM and its supporters riot over would involve a criminal resisting arrest.

Ok. But that doesn’t excuse 7 in the back in that video.