Kenosha shooting

Pancho

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

Dude was a retard. 

Cops shouldn’t have shot him.

Now a bunch of poor and middle class people are going to have their shit destroyed.

I believe I’ll pour myself another scotch

They should've sent a poet, and they did.

A lazy man's old fashioned for me. Fucking tired of this shit. Wish I was someone who wasn't compelled to pay attention.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Someone somewhere will criticize literally anything... what's your point? What do the critics have to do with this?

Cops are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Shit job these days and BLM is just making it worse. When cops cannot do their job or coupled with a disintegration in the quality of recruits because no one want to be a cop anymore (People Scream that cops need more training. Thirty percent have Degrees, usually Criminal Justice. Good luck getting to pay for collge for that career White flight is going to be the result, and companies are going to allow their employees to flee not just to the burbs, but to small rural town America. The large older cities are screwed. 

• Fuck You 3

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So if one or two bad cops getting sued could sink a pension, would this make the police more likely to police themselves?

You said something about it several pages ago, but just to clarify - when these civil lawsuits happen, aren't the taxpayers usually the ones footing the bill?

No, the cities and departments are generally not liable for the civil judgments against individual cops.  Some carry insurance, so yeah they/we are out the premium or risk pool contribution and some will fund the defense or maybe have to defend themselves.  And apparently, the City of Dallas voluntarily pays/settles such cases on behalf of cops.  I don't imagine they are the only one, but the law absolutely does not require it.

But yeah, being able to hit the pension fund would probably be a fantastic deterrent.  It would cause an absolute shitstorm as many or most are already underfunded.  But that will hose the tax payers worse than the current situation (if other pension shortfalls are any guide), and might set a scary precedent for other pension funds where there is less systemic wrongdoing.

1 hour ago, TexanInIowa said:

Plus, he had been arrested on 7/6 for pulling a gun on a guy in a bar altercation. The Clip fell out of the gun (you cannot make this shit up). He was told to leave. He left and pointed the gun again at someone in the bar through a window as he left. Probably figured that only the one bullet in the chamber would end up with him killed if he pulled the trigger. He got pulled over. The police at that time told him to stop, and he kept coming at them. He was arrested and the gun was found in the car. He was out on bail awaiting trial. Looking at 8 1/2 years.  He is no boy scout, and the police knew what was up because dispatch told them what was up on the way to the call. They knew he carried a gun in the recent past, and they knew he did not follow police directives and was violent. 

Magazine....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Do you have a link for this?

https://concealednation.org/2020/08/was-jacob-blake-holding-a-knife-video-shows-something-many-may-not-have-noticed/

It is in the article.

BTW, Biden and the Governor of WI pissed off lots of voters by jumping to conclusions and not saying lets not rush to judgement. Instead, they fueled the flames. 

Edited by TexanInIowa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Cops are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Shit job these days and BLM is just making it worse. When cops cannot do their job or coupled with a disintegration in the quality of recruits because no one want to be a cop anymore (People Scream that cops need more training. Thirty percent have Degrees, usually Criminal Justice. Good luck getting to pay for collge for that career White flight is going to be the result, and companies are going to allow their employees to flee not just to the burbs, but to small rural town America. The large older cities are screwed. 

Additionally, work from home is becoming more and more common. No need to stay close to downtown for many. 

15 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

https://concealednation.org/2020/08/was-jacob-blake-holding-a-knife-video-shows-something-many-may-not-have-noticed/

It is in the article.

BTW, Biden and the Governor of WI pissed off lots of voters by jumping to conclusions and not saying lets not rush to judgement. Instead, they fueled the flames. 

Probably not anyone that was going to vote for him in the first place.  All he did was call for a full and transparent investigation.

I have absolutely zero problems with what he said.

The cops are really horsefucking themselves lately.  It's uncanny.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably not anyone that was going to vote for him in the first place.  All he did was call for a full and transparent investigation.

I have absolutely zero problems with what he said.

The cops are really horsefucking themselves lately.  It's uncanny.

Lost the soccer moms that were on the fence.  

• Fuck You 4

28 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

It is in the article.

That's more of a blog post citing a facebook post, but thanks. We'll see when more facts are released.

56 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Maybe they should stop being fucksticks and then protecting those fucksticks. When they fuck up stop protecting them and that shit would make a difference

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

The humanity in that video is actually kind of inspiring. Thanks.

Other than the guy who smacked an old man with a brick, yeah.  And the people who lit his business on fire.  Also kinda sad nobody intervened to help him until he was on the ground bleeding.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Maybe they should stop being fucksticks and then protecting those fucksticks. When they fuck up stop protecting them and that shit would make a difference

What an eloquent, clear and concise message. You must be a rocket scientist. People make mistakes, when we start prosecuting police for politicized reactions, the Marxists win.  

• Fuck You 6

18 minutes ago, Parliament said:

No idea what he thought he would accomplish by spraying people with a fire extinguisher. Either defend yourself/business with a legit weapon or stand aside. You’re outnumbered. Still didn’t deserve to be attacked like that though.

Yeah man Amazon is totally going to move to Council Bluffs, IA in the name of getting away from all those filthy negroes in the city because all of the top flight programming talent will certainly go there too! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is the second thread you are bringing politics into.  It doesn’t help your case at all and just makes you look like somebody’s sock.  

But if he had killed the kids or run over an innocent bystander the police would have been criticized for allowing that to happen. The Rabble is so irrational right now it blows my mind.

If 3 officers can't subdue someone with a knife, they have shitty skills, shitty training, and are not worthy of the badge.

• Hook 'Em 1

On August 23, 2020 at 11:13 PM, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I keep coming back to and it sucks that I do, but I can't help it.  A lot of these victims just seem to have a knack for doing exactly what's going to get them shot or brutalized by the popo.

They should stop being so black. 

I'm behind on the thread and don't know if this point has been made. But we've seen them get shot trying to comply, like reaching for their driver's license during a traffic stop, or informing the officer that they're a licensed gun owner and have a gun in the car. We've seen them get shot in the back trying to run away. We've seen the cops roll up on a child playing with a toy gun in a park and shoot him dead without ever even ordering him to "drop it!" They get shot doing things I would never get shot for because I'm white. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

I suppose one could argue that every black person should lie face down on the ground with their arms spread out whenever a cop is present just to be safe. I'm pretty sure some of them would still get shot while dropping and a few more would get shot while lying prone. 

They should either stop being black or we should do something to fix the police. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

What an eloquent, clear and concise message. You must be a rocket scientist. People make mistakes, when we start prosecuting police for politicized reactions, the Marxists win.  

When I fuck up, a website might be offline for a few minutes, but nobody riots outside of Karen in sales.  When a cop fucks up, he ends somebody’s life or cripples them for life,  and traumatizes who knows how many people, and he causes even more people to not trust the police.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When I fuck up, a website might be offline for a few minutes, but nobody riots outside of Karen in sales.  When a cop fucks up, he ends somebody’s life or cripples them for life,  and traumatizes who knows how many people, and he causes even more people to not trust the police.  

But he goes home alive, that's the most important thing, and maybe he has really great sex as a bonus. 

oh no not a knife, whatever could the cops do about a knife other than shoot a guy in the back?  (and i'm pretty sure those are his keys from the way they're flopping in his hand in the video, but, OMG HE'S WALKING AWAY FROM THE COPS WITH  A KNIFE!)

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

That's more of a blog post citing a facebook post, but thanks. We'll see when more facts are released.

Nothing about that site seems unbiased. Until it’s reported by real news, I’m calling it internet speculation by right leaning internet bloggers. 

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, the cities and departments are generally not liable for the civil judgments against individual cops.  Some carry insurance, so yeah they/we are out the premium or risk pool contribution and some will fund the defense or maybe have to defend themselves.  And apparently, the City of Dallas voluntarily pays/settles such cases on behalf of cops.  I don't imagine they are the only one, but the law absolutely does not require it.

But yeah, being able to hit the pension fund would probably be a fantastic deterrent.  It would cause an absolute shitstorm as many or most are already underfunded.  But that will hose the tax payers worse than the current situation (if other pension shortfalls are any guide), and might set a scary precedent for other pension funds where there is less systemic wrongdoing.

If a pension fund even could be hit with with lawsuits because of a “bad cop” it would still fall on joe taxpayer to fix the situation by re-funding the pensions. 

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

Other than the guy who smacked an old man with a brick, yeah.  And the people who lit his business on fire.  Also kinda sad nobody intervened to help him until he was on the ground bleeding.

It makes me feel soooo much better that as I get robbed and violently assaulted by a mob that one person out there in the mob will feel bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It makes me feel soooo much better that as I get robbed and violently assaulted by a mob that one person out there in the mob will feel bad.

Right? It's pretty sad how few cops actually feel remorse for the murderous ways of their peers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

weird, looks like I either screwed up the spoiler tag or the board software munged it. either way, spoilered because of the murder. Also, the written content of the tweet is just what was attached to the video (not intended as a representation or non representation of my views on what is happening there).

No idea what he thought he would accomplish by spraying people with a fire extinguisher. Either defend yourself/business with a legit weapon or stand aside. You’re outnumbered. Still didn’t deserve to be attacked like that though.
Fire extinguishers are the language of the unheard.
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure what I think about armed citizens taking upon themselves to protect property or stop protesters. I agree that people have a right to protect their own property but that can easily start to escalate the situation.  It's also easy to go beyond protecting your own property.

LARPers, bro. It’s their dream. They might get invited to speak at the next RNC too! 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure what I think about armed citizens taking upon themselves to protect property or stop protesters. I agree that people have a right to protect their own property but that can easily start to escalate the situation.  It's also easy to go beyond protecting your own property.

I don't know how anybody in their right minds could watch the Floyd riots and think, "Yep, I'd aggressively try to stop them if that happened here." I understand the impulse, but such a huge gamble with your life.