Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Put me in the it’’ll blow up camp. He can’t name 10 of his players - I’m sure there are several that get kicked out of school this semester. CU won’t totally sell its soul for football like Auburn. 

His actions won’t work for a P5 conference like they do at JSU. It’s a different sport in several ways, all of which he can’t change imo. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It just seems like a giant mess with zero attention paid to team chemistry. If it goes bad he's gonna look like that idiot coach from that JUCO in Kansas that was on Last Chance U a few years ago. 

Without the whole "win a conference championship and resurrect a moribund program" bit I'm assuming

32 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

12-1 (8-0)  with two straight conference championships.

You're thinking of the wrong team. 

The Independence one had a good first season (synonymous with Deion's HBC run) then flamed out in year 2 going 2-8 with his players revolting against him. Then he got charged with 8 felonies including identity theft. 

All the Deion soundbites and craziness reminds me of that goober

Edited by Hermanator

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

You're thinking of the wrong team. 

The Independence one had a good first season (synonymous with Deion's HBC run) then flamed out in year 2 going 2-8 with his players revolting against him. Then he got charged with 8 felonies including identity theft. 

All the Deion soundbites and craziness reminds me of that goober

They bounced back and won the championship again the next year. I'm saying CU would bite your hand off for that kind of run, even with the player revolt in the middle. I'd argue it's pretty much exactly what they're hoping for.

I don't see how they get to 4 wins.  What I am looking forward to is how he will spin some of the atomic beatdowns they are going to have in September.  I feel like he will throw his players under the bus without even thinking about it.

19 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I see Colorado's season ceiling as 4 wins over Colorado St, Washington St, Stanford, and splitting with the Arizona schools. Nebraska is a maybe game but I think they lose that. TCU, Oregon, USC, Oregon St, and Utah should roll them. 

I think Nebraska will be more competitive this season. I don't think they will be good but, just better than completely shitty.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I think Nebraska will be more competitive this season. I don't think they will be good but, just better than completely shitty.

They might be. If Rhule didn't lose that college magic in Carolina they should at least be disciplined enough with enough talent to win that game in week 2. 

I just don't see how they get over 4 wins. To me everything would have to go perfectly for them to even get to 5 and they could easily be a 1 win type team if it falls apart. 

Anyone who bet on them to win 6 games should start saving their pennies now

On 8/26/2023 at 10:01 PM, Welshy said:

I just watched an interview. His shister BS is grating, but I can see how a 19 year old kid would engage, and even benefit from it. Hope he succeeds, if only to wake Colorado the fuck up. They used to be the the shit. They'd refuse to mow their natural grass field for fast teams.

Grunt, bloody knuckles shit. Loved them in the 80's. 

I've seen some version of this mentioned about various teams/programs over the years and I've never understood it.

Isn't speed relative?  Like doesn't it slow the home team down as well? How does high grass slow down a "fast" team more than it slows down a "slow" team?  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This.  If you look at their schedule, the main chances are Stanford and maybe CSU?  I know nothing about CSU to be fair.

I think someone posted upthread about this, but this is Jay Norvell's second year at CSU - he went 3-9 last year.  He also went 3-9 in his first year at Nevada and jumped to 8-5 in his second. I guess they also got a bunch of transfers so they could be better and will probably be a tough challenge for Colorado.

If they don't win that game, I think a repeat of a 1-loss season becomes somewhat likely.

Colorado schedule is brutal for them. Absolute best cast scenario is 6 wins and they have to beat these teams as the others they really have no chance:

Nebraska
Colorado State
(a) Arizona St
Stanford
Arizona
(a) Washington St

I think it would be fair to say it was a "successful" season if they win 4 of the above six.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Fox is all in on hyping and promoting this. Over/under how many games until we stop seeing the slow mo shot of dude walking with a cowboy hat every 3rd commercial break?

Last night I saw a bunch of promos hyping for a potential upset. Isn’t the line -20.5? I guess crazier has happened but that’d be a pretty big surprise 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
Fox is all in on hyping and promoting this. Over/under how many games until we stop seeing the slow mo shot of dude walking with his Lloyd Christmas cowboy hat every 3rd commercial break?

I seemingly saw this commercial every single time I flipped over last night. Annoying as hell.

Yep. They ran it on repeat. I expect more this Saturday.

After watching Nebraska last night, I want to vomit regarding their prospects versus CU next week. They played tough, but that QB is absolute, unfiltered, filthy asshole. I swear, that idiot had money on the Minnesota moneyline. Also, playing the TB with fumble-itis, who have been in the fucking doghouse due to fumbles in the spring and fall camp, when you're trying to eat the clock and close the game out seems like a really smart choice. 

Rhule knows that tanking doesn't give him a higher draft pick next year, right? They better not fuck that game up next week. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

After watching Nebraska last night, I want to vomit regarding their prospects versus CU next week. They played tough, but that QB is absolute, unfiltered, filthy asshole. I swear, that idiot had money on the Minnesota moneyline. Also, playing the TB with fumble-itis, who have been in the fucking doghouse due to fumbles in the spring and fall camp, when you're trying to eat the clock and close the game out seems like a really smart choice. 

Rhule knows that tanking doesn't give him a higher draft pick next year, right? They better not fuck that game up next week. 

Casey Thompson woulda won that game for them.

• Haha 1

CU is going to get lit up tomorrow. Not only is Deion running his mouth about Kendal Briles (shocker, someone doesn’t like a Briles!), but TCU had a former player and current student that was murdered last night. They are going to best the absolute dogshit out of CU. 

On 8/30/2023 at 9:48 AM, MuellerHorn said:

100%.

This may have worked at JSU because it was relatively easy to out-talent the competition. His coaching philosophy seems like a recipe for disaster at the P5 (soon to be P4) level.

Everyone saying shit like this did not pay any attention to the coaching staff he put together.  Deion does little actual coaching.  He's a motivator and a CEO.  Tomorrow will be a big test for this team.

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, I'm a CU fan and I wouldn't take that bet.  I'm thinking 4-5 wins, which is still a huge success after last year.

Yeah, he got bent over on the odds for that bet (I think its his $500 vs CTJ's $1000). He'd probably be better off financially just dividing that $500 by 12 games and betting the CU ML every game. Worst case (0-12) he's out $500. And if CU wins 6 or more games, I'm pretty sure he would make more than $1000. Tomorrows game alone is currently +711 at my book. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

How good is Shedeur?  He wasn’t highly recruited. 

He's looked pretty good against a low level of competition. I think tomorrow is a complete unknown regarding him for anyone being honest.

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yeah, he got bent over on the odds for that bet (I think its his $500 vs CTJ's $1000). He'd probably be better off financially just dividing that $500 by 12 games and betting the CU ML every game. Worst case (0-12) he's out $500. And if CU wins 6 or more games, I'm pretty sure he would make more than $1000. Tomorrows game alone is currently +711 at my book. 

I think @closetohumping was having some fun. I know I was. $500 is a lot of money, I get that, but the dude lives in California and is making at least $15/hr in minimum wages, so he can clearly afford the risk. Conversely, I'm going to have to convince my wife to open up an OnlyFans page if I have to pay the $1000.

• Drool 1

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's looked pretty good against a low level of competition. I think tomorrow is a complete unknown regarding him for anyone being honest.

I think @closetohumping was having some fun. I know I was. $500 is a lot of money, I get that, but the dude lives in California and is making at least $15/hr in minimum wages, so he can clearly afford the risk. Conversely, I'm going to have to convince my wife to open up an OnlyFans page if I have to pay the $1000.

Damn commiefornia and they’re 15.00 an hour.  No CR

its on. It’s prime time!!