Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not real sure why people thought they were going to suck that bad. Deion’s teams are going to athletic and they are going to play hard. That will win you some games.

It's because they have sucked so much for almost 20 years, and it usually takes a few years to turn that around.

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It's because they have sucked so much for almost 20 years, and it usually takes a few years to turn that around.

I’m not saying they were gonna be good, but people acted like they would be worse than the 1 win they had last year. There seems to be a lot of Deion hate fueling most of the narrative that he “can’t coach”. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I’m not real sure why people thought they were going to suck that bad. Deion’s teams are going to athletic and they are going to play hard. That will win you some games.
Yeah, they were strong where I expected (offense skill positions and defensive backfield) and shaky where I expected (OL and DL). I never thought they would win today, though. Shedeur is the real deal. He was better than expected, for sure.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

But wait, I thought all the experts here said:

Deion couldn't coach
The new players aren't any good
There aren't enough players for a D1 team
TCU is gonna rip him a new one
Deion once owned a school that failed
Blah, blah, blah 

surly experts are wrong around 99% of the time 

Sanders is coaching two Heismen hopefuls 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Again, the kid was a 4-star QB. He played like one. Why act like this was a 2-star or 3-star QB. I don't know how well this team will play, but there was a fire to them that sometimes is all you want to see as a fan of the team and will buy a coach grace through tough times. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Hunter is in the Heisman race because he plays both ways. Genius move by Sanders. 

Sanders is showing he’s more than just a Hall of Fame CB. He might now be in the race for head coach at Alabama, Texas, or Florida. 

It would be a water and oil mix at every one of those places. He won’t kiss Cigar ass and his bravado would wear on a lot of these Southerners. Colorado is perfect for him. More liberal environment and boosters so desperate to win they’ll leave him alone so long as he wins.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sanders and Hunter (120 snaps are you fucking kidding me?) lived up to expectations but Edwards was a fucking beast.

Travis Hunter is legit! Over 100 snaps on both O and D, mind you it was probably over 100 degrees in FW. He was amazing, even on his incompletions. Props to him!

Sanders Jr (QB) definitely exceeded expectations! Going from the SWAC to today, the stage wasn’t too big for him! Props to him!!
It was an amazing offensive display by the Buffs.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

First it was, "they won't win a game.

And, how many of you experts here assured us that TCU would throttle them?

Then, in their first game, they visit and beat college football's 17th ranked team. 

So, as right on cue, you flip the narrative to "you will see how bad they are when you view their season as a whoie and TCU was actually really terrible."  Haha, okay.

Maybe CU will suck, maybe they won't, but they have ALREADY exceeded expectations for the season and guess who is the talk of college football? 

Some of you kinda suck at this. 

Bored-Ape-Longhorn.jpg

Thinking the same. 

Old fuck is constantly negging me because of my librel takes.  No CR

• Hook 'Em 4

Sanders is a good story. It won't be his fault that we'll all be wishing he would die by mid-season because the dumbass sports guys can't get enough of saying Coach Prime.

That and being exposed to the same lame ass commercials as last year reminds me of what I'm missing by being only a college football fan.

Cheezit? Again? Really?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed that game. I admit, I didn’t think they could handle an away game against a ranked team, I was wrong. they played well, few penalties, didn’t get injured, and no big gaffes. 

Prime’s kid is legit, as is Horn and Hunter. I have no fucking idea how good they really are, but TCU obviously misses Riley 2.0, as Briles refusing to run did not help their situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Deion Sanders is one of the greatest football players of all time. Not just a Hall of Famer, but arguably the greatest at his position ever. 

Yes, I know great player doesn't necessarily make great Coach/Leader. 

Coach Sanders knows Football, Players, and Promotion. These are things that do make a good leader and are things major football appreciate most (over play calling and strategy.) 

Let's see which major program can get out of its own way first.

He are going to win. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

The only time I didn’t root for Deion is when he had a 49ers jersey on

I remember reading an SI article on him way back, focusing on the contrast between his Prime Time persona and his demeanor on the baseball diamond. You got a glimpse of the level of dedication and preparation he put in to both sports. Those types of people tend to put the same amount of effort into other endeavors, and it appears he has done that with his approach to coaching. 

I think depth will be their downfall this year, but holy shit the transfers and recruits that will be headed to Boulder in 2024  

How long he stays is the only limit I see, and maybe how well he replaces coordinators as they move up 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

I think probably his greatest strength as a coach is that he’s good at getting the most out of his players.  

I think his schtick vibes with recruits and their parents.   He’d crush recruiting at a top twenty program as well.  He’s different not just because he’s black.  I think that’s why a lot of people hate him.  The gold chain, the brashness, sunglasses, aggressive idgaf attitude.  

• Like 3

I’ve always liked Deion except when he did PI on Irvin in the champ game. I like his story coming out of nothing and excelling at two sports. He knows what it takes to win in the modern game and can do a lot of things other coaches are reticent to do.

He knows that NIL and the portal are his tools not things to be feared. He asks very bluntly to these players and has zero toleration for laziness, ineptitude, losing, lack of prep and practice effort. I like that he is a head coach and focuses on leadership and hiring top assistants to do the x and o and teaching stuff. I hate the paradigm of hiring the latest coordinator genius for head coaches when the dna required of a solid head coach is different. He does want his coaches to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

The liberalism of Boulder is going to be chafed. Maybe they are muted today but a lot of Colorado fans and administrators havent liked his brashness, or running off all the shitballs he inherited, or pointing out the inadequacies of the facilities or empty NIL accounts. Winning hasn’t been that important to many of them and many have preferred the typical Pac12 mediocrity with values intact bullshit.

Deion doesn’t put up with the usual excuses thrown up by players of single mom, or minor injuries, or hurt feelings, or microaggressions. He will run them off as by next year the talent train will flood Boulder.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd tap the brakes just a bit here.

TCU isn't what they were a year ago.   And they still put up 42 in 3 quarters on this Colorado defense.

Colorado is going to score points; and that maybe all that Deion wants to do---win shootouts.  But they are going to have to stop people, eventually.  Maybe he gets the kind of kids that can do that in time, but he doesn't have them yet.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

Watched the post game where Deion referred to a female reporter as baby. Maybe he has a personal friendship with her but that isn’t something that you do in 2023. Maybe if he was 85 years old you could chalk it up to not understanding but Deion is 56.  
Yes, he knows her. She does his weekly show with him, but otherwise I agree.