2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

If your criteria for winning is that he's not acting like a complete ass, then you're correct. The bar is so low that not talking for 2 minutes is considered a win. 

He’s winning it for the people that don’t know he’s lying and the people that don’t care that he’s lying. That’s it. Everyone here watching it can see that he’s lying and the assumption for some is that No one else out in the would can see it so they just assume all of trumps nonsense is true. 

• Hook 'Em 1

These "debates" are won in how they sway voters. Consider how fucking stupid people are. dOtARd will get a bump out of this. That is a win, for him.

Debates don't sway anyone unless something truly monumental happens. In the first debate, Trump was such ass that he lost a couple points in the polls that he's only begun to slightly recover.

Biden just isn't going to do something like that.

I really don’t think it is...at all

Don’t think of it like an educated person. Think like a low information undecided voter.

doTaRd is winning this thing.
Yes, he's lying, full of shit, not answering questions, but he's winning.

This.

Joe is landing stuff too. Agree that this is Trump’s strongest performance, but he’s preaching to his choir, which has shrunk considerably. I’m too superstitious to make projections and I’m not discounting the involvement of foreign actors, but this debate is not an inflection point, which is what the president needs. 

And I agree with this. Trump may be gaining a few yards, but he needs an inflection point. This is too back and forth to do that.

Biden running out the clock
He's doing fine

This. He isn’t hitting any homers, but he’s playing sound baseball.

These "debates" are won in how they sway voters. Consider how fucking stupid people are. dOtARd will get a bump out of this. That is a win, for him.

I think it’s looking to be a moderate win...again, in large part because expectations are so low. But Trump needs more than that.

Man, Biden really isn't perfect. He's old, he's a little slow and he loses his train of thought in banter situations at times. But man is he good at keeping the spotlight on Trump. He's out teflon-ing Teflon Don. His strategy has been pretty much perfect for 6 months - lay low, spotlight on Trump, stick to the message. His marketing and strategy teams should be able to write their own checks after this election.

• Hook 'Em 2