Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Yeah these are not liberal areas he’s suing.  Aledo is a FW suburb and Huffman had a lot of aggy.  
He seems scared that they are telling people to vote.  

Maybe he should sue the Legislators who are pushing vouchers.

Section 1, Article VII, Texas Constitution (Tex. Official) THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 7. EDUCATION
Sec.A1.AASUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEM OF PUBLIC FREE SCHOOLS. A general diffusion of knowledge being essential to the preservation of the liberties and rights of the people, it shall be the duty of the Legislature of the State to establish and make suitable provision for the support and maintenance of an efficient system of public free schools.
(Feb. 15, 1876.)
  • Like 1

Well, Nate's jailtime sentencing has been expedited.  Which would explain, in part, why Ken's been up to so much bat-shittery lately.  Which is saying something.  As i cross-post, Nate's either going to be cutting a deal or getting his deal cut.  And Ken's gonna do even crazier shit.  Thoughts & Prayers to their respective families for what happens in 2027.  

"pre-trial diversion agreement"  = deferred adjudication? Reporting on legal matters is so imprecise. Looks like there was a concerted effort by both parties to let him skate. What a colossal fucking waste of resources and yet another enormous green light to the continuing lawlessness  of the state's top law enforcement agent. I'd say it's embarrassing but Texas is beyond that obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Is the Nate Paul stuff state or federal?

federal, though he is supposed to serve some days in jail on contempt charges from civil dispute in Travis County 

so... who is the NBA player he wired $100k to in 2022? Haven't followed this so closely

it's too late in the day for me to be accurate on anything, hence my edit. but one thing I do know ---- Natey boy. has been eating his feelings 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, bluto said:

Y’all are slipping yet again on watch, Houston courts letting him walk on the securities fraud with 400k fine and community service. 

6 hours ago, Your Mom said:

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Consequences are not for Republicans.
When are y’all gonna learn that for good?

wow a perfectly executed friday news dump. Friday afternoon during the tournament. well done you smarmy fuck

I don't know what's funnier.  The 15 hours of Legal Ethics Training for the Attorney General of the 2nd largest state in America.  Or watching his good eye bulge out of his skull when the cartel gets ahold of him after he's outta office.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I don't know what's funnier.  The 15 hours of Legal Ethics Training for the Attorney General of the 2nd largest state in America.  Or watching his good eye bulge out of his skull when the cartel gets ahold of him after he's outta office.  

He’ll do two terms in the US Senate first. He’s very likely to primary Cornyn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

This is beyond ridiculous... Much be nice to be held to different rules.

“But let me be clear, at no time was he going to enter any plea bargain agreement or admit to conduct that simply did not occur,” Cogdell said in a statement. “There is no admission of any wrongdoing on Ken’s part in the agreement because there was no wrongdoing on his part.”

Still won't and doesn't have to admit what he did was actually wrong. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is beyond ridiculous... Much be nice to be held to different rules.

“But let me be clear, at no time was he going to enter any plea bargain agreement or admit to conduct that simply did not occur,” Cogdell said in a statement. “There is no admission of any wrongdoing on Ken’s part in the agreement because there was no wrongdoing on his part.”

Still won't and doesn't have to admit what he did was actually wrong. 

Just don't blame the lawyers, right @Gatorubet?

19 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I wish I could say it feels unreal, but here we are and it feels very real.

It's all real.  This is how it all ends.  The fascists are untouchable, because the rules don't matter to them.

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

I wish I could say it feels unreal, but here we are and it feels very real.

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's all real.  This is how it all ends.  The fascists are untouchable, because the rules don't matter to them.

Oh ye of little faiths.  Or yees.  Plural?  Yees?  Yeets?  Dammit, I had something for this.  He'll wreak more havoc.  As you've noticed he's been on a particularly wild bender as of late, even for him.  With regard to lawsuits and claims and suits and general buffoonery.  And yes, we are absolutely stuck with him for several years and he may even run for an even higher office.  And he'll probably win it.  But I promise you with 95% certainty...they are coming for him once he leaves office.  The people he crossed live to right the wrongs done against them.  His only recourse is to remain in public office because they don't target elected officials, particularly those in law enforcement. It won't be this cycle, or even the next.  And he'll visit much hatred and pain onto the people of Texas.  But take some solace in the fact that they will implement horrific suffering to him.  His last days will be some of the worst days of any human being in history has ever experienced.  He is a cornered rat and we'll have to live with him for awhile.  But eventually, he's going to get caught in a trap.  And that trap is a week-long 'experiment' in suffering. 

Brian Wice, the special prosecutor who makes his living as a defense attorney -- great job, bitch 

The fact that his regular gig is as defense counsel has zero to do with the result. I say this as someone who has worked on both sides of the system.

I’m not defending the agreement, but him being a defense attorney getting the blame is a weak take.

Consequences are not for Republicans.
When are y’all gonna learn that for good?

I dunno. Ask my low income client that got a pretrial diversion just like this for his charge of felony domestic violence-strangulation.

To be clear, it IS a generous offer from the State, and I don’t like it. It’s not the anomaly that some people think.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Am I supposed to take from them making a deal that the prosecutor didn't think they had enough to convict?

That might figure into it. Pretrial diversion isn’t just reserved for cases with “proof problems” though. I’ve gotten LOTS of them for clients with cases that were clearly slam dunks for the State.

13 minutes ago, scottsins said:

The fact that his regular gig is as defense counsel has zero to do with the result. I say this as someone who has worked on both sides of the system.

I’m not defending the agreement, but him being a defense attorney getting the blame is a weak take.

Ok sure, but my comment was personal to him. I have quite a bit of familiarity with the guy and he's a certain... strain... of defense attorney. The kind that quotes Shakespeare in his briefs, name-drops continually, and dances up to the edge of outright misrepresentations to the court 

• Hook 'Em 1