2020 Texas Early Voting Numbers

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

I voted today to get it over with. I’d hate to die in a car crash or something and miss my chance.

I think your vote is thrown out if you vote early but die before Election Day. Just wanted you to know that before you die.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Texas Southern:

Some African-American voters will be suppressed (as will those of Latino voters like myself).  Trump will tie this shit up in the courts.  Mail-in ballots for Biden will be discarded.  Sadly this is all true, for we all living in uncharted times. 

But I follow one simple rule in politics:  

If there is a kick-ass drum-line heading up to a polling location.  You follow that line and you vote for progress.  That's the beat of unity, not divisiveness. 

We're off to a good start this morning, America.  Three weeks is not a marathon.  Three weeks is not a sprint.  Three weeks is a steady beat to something better.  Stay steady.  

MakeAmericaBetterAgain     #MABA

Edited by Lobo

Early voting site by my house in Tarrant County was closed this morning because one of the workers tested positive for COVID and was in training on 10/8 with other workers. Basically none of the workers showed up to work this morning and they had to scramble to get a team together. I'm going to drive by after work to see how long that line is, but I imagine it's a cluster. 

Also, Tarrant County also has a live voter turnout tracker if anyone is interested: http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Live_Turn_Out_Widget.html

21,000+ as of 1 p.m.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Actually it’s Dotard hating. You think any people lined up at 5:00 am in 2016 because they wanted attention? Those people didn’t exist. 

Everyone is tired of his bullshit and wants to get back to their regular lives before this insane narcissist invaded every day of our lives with his constant idiocy. 

Thats worth getting in line at 5:00 am for and is not some “look at me” stunt. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10/24/some-texas-counties-long-lines-complicate-early-vo/

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, that 53K at 4pm in 2016 really proved your point.

lulz.  What point did you imagine in your mind that I was trying to make?  I was laughing at one of the idiot Jimmys.

"Actually it’s Dotard hating. You think any people lined up at 5:00 am in 2016 because they wanted attention? Those people didn’t exist. "

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ok, that's pretty cool. does Trav Co have something similar?

Yes Travis County and Tarrant County have one as well. If anyone wants to look around at other County Clerk websites for one , have at it.

https://www.livevoterturnout.com/travis-nov-03-2020/index.html

https://www.livevoterturnout.com/tarrant-nov-03-2020/index.html

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Williamson County has a live voter turnout counter. Over 10,500

https://www.livevoterturnout.com/williamson-nov-03-2020/index.html

That's actually surprising, but so many people have been moving to Williamson County, who knows, maybe they'll get their shit together and not have a sheriff who is the start of his own TV show.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just finished voting at SPJST Lodge in central Houston. Between a 10-15 minute wait. 

I double-checked my vote just to be sure. Then I checked again before hit the vote button.

I hate the lack of paper ballot. I'm fine entering it electronically. But it should be print out that then gets put in the ballot box. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This seems impressive.

As lines wrapped around voting locations in Travis County Tuesday morning, Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant reported that nearly all eligible voters in Travis County were registered to vote this year.   Of the county’s more than 850,000 eligible voters, a record 97% of them are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 general election, Elfant said.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I hate the lack of paper ballot. I'm fine entering it electronically. But it should be print out that then gets put in the ballot box. 

I hear ya but the only way to get the count done somewhat quickly is heavy on electronic voting. I do wish there was a more direct link so you can verify how your vote was tabulated. However that can create other concerns about people selling their vote or being intimidated to vote a particular way. The downside is that our current process requires faith that the system works and there isn't outside interference/manipulation.

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

No I had to bail to meet the movers at my house. Will try later or tomorrow. Tough to vote since I found out I’m moving past when I trusted I’d be able to get and submit an absentee ballot.

Can you vote in NC?  That state needs your vote more than Texas does. NC has to be blue. 

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just finished voting at SPJST Lodge in central Houston. Between a 10-15 minute wait. 

I double-checked my vote just to be sure. Then I checked again before hit the vote button.

I forget, are we assigned our locations in the general? Because your polling place is my old polling place and is only 5 minutes down the road. I can't remember if we have the option to show up anywhere or not...

27 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We had just such a paper ballot here in the 04. The machine was all touch screen/electronic, at the end you select 'PRINT' then it prints a physical paper ballot, which you then place into the box.

I forget, are we assigned our locations in the general? Because your polling place is my old polling place and is only 5 minutes down the road. I can't remember if we have the option to show up anywhere or not...
You can vote anywhere in Harris County.

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hear ya but the only way to get the count done somewhat quickly is heavy on electronic voting. I do wish there was a more direct link so you can verify how your vote was tabulated. However that can create other concerns about people selling their vote or being intimidated to vote a particular way. The downside is that our current process requires faith that the system works and there isn't outside interference/manipulation.

Scantrons are fast and secure. 

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Scantrons are fast and secure. 

haha, holy shit. So this morning the car line at my church was listed as 30, which to me looked closer to about 100-150 as I saw them snake through the parking lot per:

https://www.harrisvotes.com/WaitTimes

Just logged on the check again and it's listed at OVER 200!!!!. I seriously thought that they didn't count past 35 folks in cars or regular lines on this website. If this is even remotely accurate it's more like 300 cars and probably a 3 mile or so line of vehicles. 

I recall someone saying we'll know the Texas results by election night – is that true? I know lots of states can't legally start counting until Election Day (which is fucking stupid and part of the GOP's tactic to sow electoral chaos), but is that the case in Texas? All of these record turnouts have me bullish on Texas' chances of turning blue, unlikely as it may be.