Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

bobby petrino is launching the offense into the stratosphere! (jimbo fisher will be forcing bobby petrino to shit that offense into the sewer.)

And even if that weren't true, we saw what the free market thought of sextugenarian bobby petrino's ability to run an offense on his own

• Like 1

My bookies o/u for A&M regular season this year is o7.5 -185 and U7.5 +154.

vs New Mexico 

@Miami 

vs ULM 

vs Auburn

(Neutral) Arkansas 

Alabama 

@Tennessee  

BYE

vs South Carolina 

@ Ole Miss

vs Mississippi St

vs Abilene Christian 

@ LSU 

First off, how in the world do they justify only 4 true road games?

Second - you could sell me on them being better this year, I think you could also sell me on them being worse as well. Before looking at their schedule I would have figured 8 wins. I think 7 probably makes more sense after seeing it.

I don’t trust Auburn, Mississippi St, or South Carolina to take care of business on the road but I think Arkansas finally nips them and the Miami road game is a toss-up.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

No team’s season in 2023 sits on more fault lines than Texas A&M. Injuries, infighting among coaches, lack of culture and discipline with players, all of these issues could show up and wreak havoc. Any one of them creates major problems. 

Haven't heard much about this.  Who's sleeping with Jimbo's wife now?

26 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I will never understand this pov.

-y modifies it to a multipurpose adjective. -ie makes the noun diminutive as a general rule, except when it is pluralizing the noun (huskies, ponies, salukies, grizzlies, all the other aggies, etc). While the diminutive is always inferred on this thread, the reading of it is only the name of the team. -y displays intent, describes sheep fucker in only 4 letters, and is (kinda) correct grammatically. 

@TrashMaster G, gonna need a ruling here.

59 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

-y modifies it to a multipurpose adjective. -ie makes the noun diminutive as a general rule, except when it is pluralizing the noun (huskies, ponies, salukies, grizzlies, all the other aggies, etc). While the diminutive is always inferred on this thread, the reading of it is only the name of the team. -y displays intent, describes sheep fucker in only 4 letters, and is (kinda) correct grammatically. 

That sounds all very Aggie to me....it's basically our version of "t-sip" which is Aggie.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Video gif. A blond teenager looking annoyed makes a bratty face and mouths, “blah, blah, blah.”

• Haha 4

On 7/6/2023 at 9:21 AM, Enchubben said:

My bookies o/u for A&M regular season this year is o7.5 -185 and U7.5 +154.

vs New Mexico 

@Miami 

vs ULM 

vs Auburn

(Neutral) Arkansas 

Alabama 

@Tennessee  

BYE

vs South Carolina 

@ Ole Miss

vs Mississippi St

vs Abilene Christian 

@ LSU 

First off, how in the world do they justify only 4 true road games?

Second - you could sell me on them being better this year, I think you could also sell me on them being worse as well. Before looking at their schedule I would have figured 8 wins. I think 7 probably makes more sense after seeing it.

I don’t trust Auburn, Mississippi St, or South Carolina to take care of business on the road but I think Arkansas finally nips them and the Miami road game is a toss-up.

I think all those home games was some deal they made with the SEC when they joined.  Somehow it's tied to their remodeling of the tackle box and having more home games to pay for it, and the SEC gaining more Texas TVs and recruiting grounds.   And the SEC went along with it, because they felt the upgrades and being SEC would automatically put AnM over UT, but they were wrong.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The amount of chest thumping over this one is truly funny. It is a bit reminiscent of the 2022 5 stars outta nowhere, hey fuck you we didn't pay any of them year. What would make this amazing is if Saban took another swipe at Jimbo. 

44 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Jimbo entirely ignores character and fit for both recruits and staff.  Going to be fun to watch.  Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle one year.  I doubt it though.

I hope that when they go 8-5 in year 9 of Jimbo and he still has a lower winning % than Sumlin they are pointing to 2020 as the proof in the pudding. 

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

image.png.63848ac84eb831784c7c0d1ae632b11a.png

Ah yes... let's fondly reminisce about the 11th hour bag dropping on this gaggle of mercenaries that completely flamed out at A&M. Celebrate their many accomplishments! This is a horror show of a recruiting run. It would be like us jerking it to the time Tom Herman got BJ Foster to commit. Let's go back and celebrate the Bru McCoy recruitment while we're at it! What the fuck is wrong with those people? <--- that's a rhetorical question, btw.

Let's dig through the smoldering ashes of the bags they dropped:

• Bobby Brown was a really good player for A&M who made the NFL as a 4th round pick. He also got suspended for PEDs last season. 
  • Leon embodied the Aggie spirit in almost every hilarious and stereotypical way possible.
  • Vernon Jackson had a career ending neck injury but apparently wasn't hurt enough to stop him from choking his girlfriend out and slamming her head into the floor.
  • Jashaun Corbin did jack shit at A&M, then transferred back home to Florida State to become a decent player. He's on the Giants practice squad.
  • The heir apparent at QB, James Foster transferred during the covid year to Charlotte and is a backup there.
  • Four star Jeremiah Martin had a very meh 11 tackles in 32 career games for A&M. He then transferred to Washington where he magically became team captain and first team all Pac-12 with 41 tackles, 11 being for a loss, eight and a half sacks, and two forced fumbles. He's an UDFA on the Browns. 
  • Charles Strong drove Texas football into a ditch transferred to Troy after a redshirt season and didn't do shit.
  • Tank Jenkins was another four star who did jack shit at A&M and then transferred to Cougar High where he's a backup guard.
  • Glenn Beal transferred to Louisiana and fell off the face of the earth.

#neverforget

Haha, right? You want to bury the lede with that? “Guys I’m really excited about where this class is headed…let me remind you about how poorly things can turn out.” The ‘22 reference is as good as it will ever get for them. No need to get cute with the rest of that bullshit. Also, didn’t Leon’s football career likely just end due to him going into the stands to fight a fan during his semi-pro indoor football game? Awesome trip down memory lane, Howell.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-07-08-00-46-42-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This is a little off topic, but over time it seems like Refugio has produced a wealth of athletes for a small 2A/3A school.  Not just football, but T&F, volleyball, baseball.  Always seem to be going to state in something.   What other schools would be in that category?  And any insight on why Refugio?

They’re recruiting better than I thought they would. Gerry said that if Kobe Black and Simmons aren’t committed by the end of July, then they may be more into aggy than Texas realized. Hard to believe. 

Yup. Evan Stewart and Bryce Anderson were Texas locks… Until they weren’t.

Never underestimate aggy desperation.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:54 AM, Vertigo said:

The amount of chest thumping over this one is truly funny. It is a bit reminiscent of the 2022 5 stars outta nowhere, hey fuck you we didn't pay any of them year. What would make this amazing is if Saban took another swipe at Jimbo. 

I think Freeze is going to be salty and have something to say at SEC Media Days. I'm here for it.