Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

22 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

They’re recruiting better than I thought they would. Gerry said that if Kobe Black and Simmons aren’t committed by the end of July, then they may be more into aggy than Texas realized. Hard to believe. 

He said that they it would tell us more about their recruitment regarding commitment timeline.  He still maintains its Texas/ LSU for both.  Simmons is friends with all the dfw guys at Texas, has a starting spot with his name written on it and has been mentioned as being smart with his recruitment regarding NiL.  He knows he will have a Bijan like experience here if he shows it on the field.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Not saying I don't believe you, but where'd he say this?

They pump out so many videos I’d have to go back and look it up. The overarching theme is that if these guys commit in July, it’s good news for Texas. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But they claim on3 is sip-run bullcrap so they won’t believe it because of their tremendous sense of intellectual honesty. 

This is the best part. Let's see if they continue to talk shit about on3 with the new update. Their narrative will change. Slowly but surely. All good. This just adds another click to the roller coaster.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But they claim on3 is sip-run bullcrap so they won’t believe it because of their tremendous sense of intellectual honesty. 

1 hour ago, Horn117 said:

This is the best part. Let's see if they continue to talk shit about on3 with the new update. Their narrative will change. Slowly but surely. All good. This just adds another click to the roller coaster.

You guys were wondering ... wonder no more.

image.thumb.png.4f6d0ec12ec86c997b57971abc6d01e3.png

image.thumb.png.957e8aba7d69c05b5c59ddab2d3ae13d.png

image.png.f27d4a9c4d1f762917092e64a21cac5a.png

Overly defensive to compensate for shortcomings obvious to the rest of the world but not himself? Check. Definite fit.
Program history, like cheating out the ass? That's exactly what that program was built on. Check. Definite fit.
Elite coast to coast recruiting? Motherfucker knows all the direct flights from College Station to New Jersey. Check. Definite fit.
Culture building consisting of running a rogue, lawless program with no accountability? Check. Definite fit.

Say what you will about Chin Pubes, he pretty much hit this one on the screws. A&M definitely has its man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, pacman said:

Wait, so the "famed" aggy network ruined the job prospect of one of their own alumni, who happens to also be a black woman. L-O-L how cliche can aggy be...

The aggy network is not set up for people like her. Or Sloneal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

aGgY iSnT rAcIsT

Seriously though, this shit is crazy. Chit, scuse me

Hilarious they swear one of the main reasons they’re kept down is by the Sip media and all our journalists in the space that favor us…and they shoot themselves in the dick as violently as possible trying to revive their own journalism program. It’s like unforced errors and racism is exactly who they are…

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You refused to sign up for paperless billing either. We get it man. 

Wut?

Anyway, I found the relevant article in my online AAS.

It appears Sully is breathing a sigh of relief.

3 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Old Man Yells At Cloud' - DevOps.com

Damn right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

aGgY iSnT rAcIsT

Seriously though, this shit is crazy. Chit, scuse me

I was wondering why one of my favorite weird humor sites (1900 Hotdog) was suddenly making jokes about racists getting tenure at aggy. It all makes sense now.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Black Twitter latching on to this issue would be nice, but nobody gives a shit about aggy.

National indifference is their secret super power. 

A&M is trending, negatively, on Twitter due to this story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pacman said:

Wait, so the "famed" aggy network ruined the job prospect of one of their own alumni, who happens to also be a black woman. L-O-L how cliche can aggy be...

Ultimately, McElroy said she was surprised by the backlash. She said as reality set in during these talks, she remarked that she was disappointed that not much had changed about the culture at Texas A&M since she was a student in the ’70s and ’80s. She said the university insisted it was different. It was better.   

“Well, it doesn’t feel that way,” she said.

• Hook 'Em 2

This story further emphasizes how it's getting more and more difficult to talk about Aggies without wading through their extremist politics.

It makes me sad that those politics lead to a paragraph like the below appearing in the Tribune article:

The situation comes at a fraught time at Texas public universities. Schools are preparing for a new state law to go into effect in January that bans offices, programs and training that promote diversity, equity and inclusion. Recently, the Texas A&M System started a systemwide audit of all DEI offices in response to the new law.

Aggie cultural duplicity. First, hey look at us we're great!

When A&M suggested that it announce McElroy’s hiring with a signing day, McElroy said she didn’t want the attention.

“But I was willing to go along with it because if A&M wanted to celebrate journalism, then I want to be a part of that,” she said.

See, we like Negroes! Even negresses black women!

Narrator: No, they don't.

McElroy was further told there was “noise in the [university] system” about her, though he did not give specifics. When she pressed him, she said he told her, "'you're a Black woman who worked at The New York Times.'" He told her that in some conservative circles, The New York Times is akin to Pravda, the newspaper of the Communist Party in Russia that began in the early 1900s.

Behind the scenes, A&M spent weeks altering the terms of her job. After hearing about the concerns, McElroy agreed to a five-year contract position without tenure, which would have avoided a review by regents. On Sunday, she received a third offer, this time with a one-year contract and emphasizing that the appointment was at will and that she could be terminated at any time. She has rejected the offer and shared all of the offer letters with the Tribune.

The Aggies mix politics of the day with their inherent racism and paranoia. They got rid of their journalism department because of their belief that the press was out to get them. Now the non-Aggie administrators make a great and admirable effort to bring it back but hire McElroy who isn't a pasty white liar who worked for American Spectator.

spacer.png

So they disgrace themselves certain that any backlash is just prejudice against Holy Texas A&M. 

Remarkably, McElroy graduated from that shithole but still managed a stellar career leading to tenured professorship at tu. 

I'm not condemning GOPs in general. Traditional GOP values are worthwhile and necessary. This action does not represent those values. It represents Aggie values such as they are.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Strangely, this is also a direct quote from all of the aggy players who hit the portal.

Well, this esteemed Professor McElroy, who had been committed and teaching at UT for the past 6 years, has entered the portal and re-signed with the Horns, after turning down the aggies because of a hostile work environment at aggyland.  She don’t need no racist shit after all she’s been thru to get where she is!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1