Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

I’ve thought this for awhile and what happens if they really do somehow fire Bilbo? I doubt any coach they bring in will allow the inmates to get away with anywhere near the shit they are doing right now. If that is the case the offseason attrition would be worse than we have seen so far.
There is almost no way the can him because it would set up a 2 or 3 year rebuild just as we enter the SEC. Nothing would be worse perception-wise for them to have us win the first several games against them. And the likelihood of that happening would dramatically increase if they can Bilbo. 

So with the built in excuse of the Weigman injury plus knowing canning him will guarantee them sucking worse when we join the SEC, should make 7-5 or better enough for them to talk themselves into keeping him another year or two( well that and the astronomic cost it would be to actually follow through on replacing him and the entire staff with someone competent).
"2 or 3 year rebuild"
Rebuild of what exactly, finishing 3rd or 4th in a division that no longer exists? Shitcanning Jimbo before this season is over and finding someone willing to tarnish their legacy in Collie Station (while likely getting wealthy) will be the perfect excuse for losing to us at home next year.
"New head corch"
"New coordinators"
"New position coaches"
"New S&C guy"
Etc etc

So yeah, agreed firing Dumbo would be a dumb move at this time. We know as well as anyone what happens when you clean house and start over. There are outliers that come in and have success right away (little Lincoln at bloU does NOT count) but they are outliers for a reason. I'd much rather best them with their multi-millionaire munchkin on their sideline...or on the field if he prefers it that way.

2 hours ago, ousux said:

"2 or 3 year rebuild"
Rebuild of what exactly, finishing 3rd or 4th in a division that no longer exists? Shitcanning Jimbo before this season is over and finding someone willing to tarnish their legacy in Collie Station (while likely getting wealthy) will be the perfect excuse for losing to us at home next year.
"New head corch"
"New coordinators"
"New position coaches"
"New S&C guy"
Etc etc

So yeah, agreed firing Dumbo would be a dumb move at this time. We know as well as anyone what happens when you clean house and start over. There are outliers that come in and have success right away (little Lincoln at bloU does NOT count) but they are outliers for a reason. I'd much rather best them with their multi-millionaire munchkin on their sideline...or on the field if he prefers it that way.

Rebuild suggests a “build” to begin with. Aggy has been “building” since their inception, so a rebuild is something they’ve never experienced. Unless they are into rebuilding rollercoasters.

Joel Klatt on The Ticket earlier this week on Jimbo:

• You can't make $9 million dollars and punt that many times at home, like come on
  • I wish they would have been more agressive
  • Sturm: I would say they got better when they took play calling away from Jimbo and now if they can take game management decisions away from him?
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Chopper said:

4 losses gets Jimbo fired and a L to TN in week 7 means the buzzards are swirling for Jimbo. That's a synopsis of what Bruce Feldman said on his podcast.

That would be hilarious but Jimbo will avoid a firing this year by claiming that the Weigman injury ruined their magical season. Just wait till next year. 

6 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

That would be hilarious but Jimbo will avoid a firing this year by claiming that the Weigman injury ruined their magical season. Just wait till next year. 

Yes, the QB injury probably buys Jimbo another year of grace. Especially with him selling how the 'cake is baked' for next year when the no. 1 class are juniors and the DL is going to maul the world.

14 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Rebuild suggests a “build” to begin with. Aggy has been “building” since their inception, so a rebuild is something they’ve never experienced. Unless they are into rebuilding rollercoasters.

You are forgetting their 1939 national championship. They are rebuilding from that. It's not easy to build a championship team!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Chopper said:

4 losses gets Jimbo fired and a L to TN in week 7 means the buzzards are swirling for Jimbo. That's a synopsis of what Bruce Feldman said on his podcast.

At this time, Jimbo is probably waiting for that sweet, sweet release. He'll get 70 million dollars or whatever over the next 8 years and he doesn't have to do anything for it. Were I him I'd purposely crater the team to get out of that god-forsaken shithole.  I'm just hoping they wait until after Traylor picks up a major coaching job somewhere.  I fear that they might go after somebody like him, give him two million bucks per year but backload his contract with incentives.  Eventually even a blind pig finds an acorn. I think Traylor is an acorn. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

45 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I think it's easily possible that aggy spends over $300M to fire Jimbo, his staff, and hire new staff. I think it's funny to think about but I highly doubt they have the money secured to pull the trigger now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Yes, the QB injury probably buys Jimbo another year of grace. Especially with him selling how the 'cake is baked' for next year when the no. 1 class are juniors and the DL is going to maul the world.

This presupposes that some of that DL (or even weigman-you know bama will try) don’t transfer for their money season looking for better stats/early payday.  We hoped it would happen last offseason after 5-7 but what if all the promises made then result in 7-5 this year?  Here’s to hoping, anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

I mean it probably will because Aggies are dumb as dirt, but any AD worth a shit should realize when you have QBs go out EVERY YEAR its a coaching and development problem 

"Next year is their year" ~ every aggie since 1939

I’m not going back to look, but I am pretty sure that Tarp and Looch have both been on record as saying Jimbo isn’t getting fired for a few more years, regardless of record. It’s literally just the message board posters saying he will be gone if he doesn’t win xx number games and the money is there.

• Hook 'Em 1

To be clear about Jimbo and being fired. You can't fire a guy with guaranteed money. You can pay him off, or complete the contract, but firing ain't it.

I also don't think, as I've seen on Texags, that he can or would be reassigned to another position within the Athletic department. I'm guessing his contract is to be the Head Knocker Coach at aTm and not some pud knocker AD or something else. FUPM aggy style.

7 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I’m not going back to look, but I am pretty sure that Tarp and Looch have both been on record as saying Jimbo isn’t getting fired for a few more years, regardless of record. It’s literally just the message board posters saying he will be gone if he doesn’t win xx number games and the money is there.

Bruce Feldman reported like 3 weeks ago that A&M would "find the money."

22 hours ago, NoName said:

Joel Klatt on The Ticket earlier this week on Jimbo:

• You can't make $9 million dollars and punt that many times at home, like come on
  • I wish they would have been more agressive
  • Sturm: I would say they got better when they took play calling away from Jimbo and now if they can take game management decisions away from him?

Sturm is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

To be clear about Jimbo and being fired. You can't fire a guy with guaranteed money. You can pay him off, or complete the contract, but firing ain't it.

I also don't think, as I've seen on Texags, that he can or would be reassigned to another position within the Athletic department. I'm guessing his contract is to be the Head Knocker Coach at aTm and not some pud knocker AD or something else. FUPM aggy style.

Mel Tucker found out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Five-star Texas A&M commit Terry Bussey returning to LSU for Auburn game

Steve Wiltfong (LSU 247)

Timpson (Texas) High five-star and Texas A&M commit Terry Bussey, 247Sports’ No. 1 ranked athlete recruit, tells 247Sports he’ll be back at LSU on Saturday night for the Auburn game.

“Its a great place,” Bussey said of Baton Rouge. “I just want to be able to check it out again. It was a great environment last time I was up there.”

Bussey committed to the Aggies at the end of September over LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama. The Tigers are still trying to stay in contention.

“I don’t know they might be,” Bussey said.

“Just the people and the environment keep attracting me. I have a strong relationship with the coaches over there. That’s bringing me back too.”

With all that being said Bussey still feels great about his pledge to the Aggies.

“Oh yeah,” he stated.

Bussey was back in College Station last week for the game against Alabama.

“It was amazing,” Bussey said. “Great environment. Probably the best environment I’ve been part of at A&M. It was a great game too.”

Bussey added he is confident in the trajectory of the Aggies program.

247Sports ranks Bussey as the nation’s No. 18 prospect regardless of position.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, it's so painfully obvious they are paying players. These kids don't want to go there, but want the pay days. They are going on these other visits hoping to get a similar offer.

You know how many programs are paying players?

<insert oldmaneveryone.gif>