Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

uArw.png0dArw.png0
Masterag iconTexasAM.gif
Texas A&M Fan
'Round Dallas
Member since Sep 2014
18565 posts

re: Texas Fighting Ags Football Thread | NEXT: BYEPosted on 10/15/23 at 1:08 pm to Old Sarge
I’m done with Aggie football until we hire a new coach. I can’t even stand looking at Jimbo’s stupid facial expressions and his dumbass kids on the sidelines wearing 8 chains, earrings, and just overall looking like complete and utter morons.  

When his wife cheated on him with a football player I knew immediately he was a cuck and we shouldn’t hire him. Any man that can’t keep his own house in order isn’t fit to lead boys into men. It shows he both has terrible judgment and he is a weak, limp dick.  

I can’t think of one great coach whose wife was out turning tricks on the weekend and whose kids look like they got dressed by Elton John. 

Lmao

• Haha 2

So I was thinking, Duke probably matches Elko up to something like $7mm/year at this point, and probably up to something like five or six years. Unless he just values the championship upside of the talent you can acquire at A&M and would leave for there for similar money, A&M would have to beat that number both in average per year and overall guaranteed, something like $9mm/year for seven years or something

Of course, Elko could just be happy with the pay raise 

That's why it's tough to poach from P5 (now P4) programs that have money, and Duke was once paying Coach K over $12mm/year 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

So I was thinking, Duke probably matches Elko up to something like $7mm/year at this point, and probably up to something like five or six years. Unless he just values the championship upside of the talent you can acquire at A&M and would leave for there for similar money, A&M would have to beat that number both in average per year and overall guaranteed, something like $9mm/year for seven years or something

Of course, Elko could just be happy with the pay raise 

That's why it's tough to poach from P5 (now P4) programs that have money, and Duke was once paying Coach K over $12mm/year 

Elko would a be good and smart hire, so I assume it won’t happen. If they keep Jimbo one or two more years and Freeze shows signs of life at Auburn, I’d wager they’ll give him a long look. He’s a perfect avatar for their small town, fake, Christian bull shit, and they love crowing about stealing coaches within the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Elko would a be good and smart hire, so I assume it won’t happen. If they keep Jimbo one or two more years and Freeze shows signs of life at Auburn, I’d wager they’ll give him a long look. He’s a perfect avatar for their small town, fake, Christian bull shit, and they love crowing about stealing coaches within the SEC. 

If Freeze is winning at Auburn, they would likely match up to a very high number 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I just don't see how A&M can both time firing Jimbo and hiring Elko to make this happen. 

The job Elko is doing is worthy of any P5 program, so they have to do it before someone either steals him or gets locked up with some ridiculous buyout. 

There's also a potential since Duke is private he may have some buyout outs, but I would be shocked if A&M is on this list. 

It looks like he's a midwest guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Elko , which means fuck all to me aside from not really tied to Texas. 

My personal opinion is he probably keeps rolling at Duke until something like Penn State , Michigan, or Ohio State opens up , with Bama being a dark horse if he's successful. Otherwise he enjoys the low pressure high pay situation at Duke.  

Elko more than anyone know's how much College Station sucks sheep balls on a stick from the lack of civilization and sister fuckers, the guy played in the fucking Ivy league. 

I just don't see how anyone but an A&M fan could think this is a realistic option. 

Fuck A&M, they deserve Jimbo, and likely end up with <insert semi hot coach> in 3 years when hilariously inconveniently Saban retires right after they fire jimbo and Bama steals whoever their actual target is. 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3

Wasn't Elko extended in the offseason and was rumored to have some sort of excessive buyout?  Something in the range of $30M or something kinda crazy.  I don't see how aggy could come up with $100M in just HC buy outs.

Yes he just signed an extension through 2029 along with an increase for his assistants and support staff. Didn’t see any details of a buyout.

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wasn't Elko extended in the offseason and was rumored to have some sort of excessive buyout?  Something in the range of $30M or something kinda crazy.  I don't see how aggy could come up with $100M in just HC buy outs.

That sounds like the "how much it costs to fire him" buyout, not the "how much it costs to poach him" buyout 

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Yes he just signed an extension through 2029 along with an increase for his assistants and support staff. Didn’t see any details of a buyout.

Yeah, they didn't release any details but there were rumors.  Just couldn't find anything that substantiated those rumors

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38064056/duke-turnaround-brings-mike-elko-extension-2029-season

Herman and Elko have very similar resumes. 

Spoiler
  Tom Herman Mike Elko  
Age 48 46  
Career      
1998 WR - TLU    
1999 GA - Texas GA - Stony Brook  
2000 GA - Texas DB - Penn  
2001 WR/ST - SHSU DC/DB - Merchant Marine
2002 WR/ST - SHSU coDC/LB - Fordham  
2003 WR/ST - SHSU coDC/LB - Fordham  
2004 WR/ST - SHSU LB - Richmond  
2005 OC/QB - TX ST LB - Richmond  
2006 OC/QB - TX ST AHC/DC/DB - Hofstra  
2007 OC/QB - Rice AHC/DC/DB - Hofstra  
2008 OC/QB - Rice AHC/DC/DB - Hofstra  
2009 OC/QB - IA ST DC/LB - BGSU  
2010 OC/QB - IA ST DC/LB - BGSU  
2011 OC/QB - IA ST DC/LB - BGSU  
2012 OC/QB - fOSU DC/LB - BGSU  
2013 OC/QB - fOSU DC/LB - BGSU  
2014 OC/QB - fOSU DC/S - Wake Forest HC Wins
2015 HC - Houston DC/S - Wake Forest Herman - 13
2016 HC - Houston DC/S - Wake Forest Herman - 9
2017 HC - Texas DC - Notre Dame Herman - 7
2018 HC - Texas DC/S - aggy Herman - 10
2019 HC - Texas DC/S - aggy Herman - 8
2020 HC - Texas DC/S - aggy Herman - 7
2021 NFL Analyst DC/S - aggy  
2022 na HC - Duke Elko - 9
2023 HC - FAU HC - Duke Elko - 5, Herman - 3

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Is he the 13th Man?

No interested in coming in if needed, but fine with standing around looking useless?

I think that's true of the 12th Man* as well.

*Will I be sued for using that sacred, trade-marked term without their permission?

Calling @TwiceHorn, @Brisketexan, and the gang.

• Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, hook me said:

If good Spencer Rattler shows up vs a&m then 11 points is way too much & SCAR may win outright. Of course, if normal Spencer Rattler shows up then 11 isn't near enough & a&m may go crazy & hang 30 on them.

if the hobbit would simply let go and let petrino really call plays, they could win out

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I just don't see how A&M can both time firing Jimbo and hiring Elko to make this happen. 

The job Elko is doing is worthy of any P5 program, so they have to do it before someone either steals him or gets locked up with some ridiculous buyout. 

There's also a potential since Duke is private he may have some buyout outs, but I would be shocked if A&M is on this list. 

It looks like he's a midwest guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Elko , which means fuck all to me aside from not really tied to Texas. 

My personal opinion is he probably keeps rolling at Duke until something like Penn State , Michigan, or Ohio State opens up , with Bama being a dark horse if he's successful. Otherwise he enjoys the low pressure high pay situation at Duke.  

Elko more than anyone know's how much College Station sucks sheep balls on a stick from the lack of civilization and sister fuckers, the guy played in the fucking Ivy league. 

I just don't see how anyone but an A&M fan could think this is a realistic option. 

Fuck A&M, they deserve Jimbo, and likely end up with <insert semi hot coach> in 3 years when hilariously inconveniently Saban retires right after they fire jimbo and Bama steals whoever their actual target is.

flush the system

full reset

traylor 5-year deal

1 million base

ooc win $100k

sec win $500k

similar incentive structure for head of each room tiered as a % of base

lose with honor next year

actually become a real threat in 3

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

flush the system

full reset

traylor 5-year deal

1 million base

ooc win $100k

sec win $500k

similar incentive structure for head of each room tiered as a % of base

lose with honor next year

actually become a real threat in 3

aggy will have none of that. 

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

2 hours ago, Fud said:

That sounds like the "how much it costs to fire him" buyout, not the "how much it costs to poach him" buyout 

If I recall the initial rumors the poach him buyout included A&M having to pay something excessive as mentioned above.

56 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Someone on this website did a comparison of Jimbo versus Petrino points per drive over the last ten years or so.  And they were just about the same.  Anyone have that handy?

i don't have it but you can pull historical #s from here:

https://www.bcftoys.com/2023-ofei

you want OPD which is offensive points per drive

• 2023 YTD A&M has 2.60
  • in 2022: 1.73
  • in 2021: 2.20
  • in 2020: 3.04

for comparison in 2012 A&M was the #1 OFEI team in the country and had 3.39 points per drive.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I think that's true of the 12th Man* as well.

*Will I be sued for using that sacred, trade-marked term without their permission?

Calling @TwiceHorn, @Brisketexan, and the gang.

Quite possible! We know our alma mater is aggressive with trademarks, but eaTme is excessively so, particularly with 12th Man.  Probably because it is fundamentally weak trademark. A surlster has recent first hand experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy paying $100 million in buyouts to hire Mike Elko is so perfectly aggy. Elko might be good  but just a reminder these are the teams he's beaten so far. $100 million for this?  

Temple (3-9)

Northwestern (1-11)

North Carolina A&T (7-4)

Virginia (3-7)

Miami (5-7)

Boston College (3-9)

Virginia Tech (3-8)

Pittsburgh (9-4)

Wake Forest (8-5)

UCF (9-5)

Lafayette (FCS)

Northwestern (3-3)

UCONN (1-5)

NC State (4-3)

Clemson (4-2)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It’s not 77MM all up front; I think it’s only 25% due within 60 days. While painful, it’s also the long term commitment over the remaining years to continue paying it (and the current staff buyouts) off on top of the initial outlay for the new coach and new staff. You’re asking a lot of wealthy donors to pay a lot of money for basically a decade - the same people that likely have already been heavily donating to NIL efforts. 

Something has to give. The suspense is killing me; I hope it’ll last. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It’s not 77MM all up front; I think it’s only 25% due within 60 days. While painful, it’s also the long term commitment over the remaining years to continue paying it (and the current staff buyouts) off on top of the initial outlay for the new coach and new staff. You’re asking a lot of wealthy donors to pay a lot of money for basically a decade - the same people that likely have already been heavily donating to NIL efforts. 

Something has to give. The suspense is killing me; I hope it’ll last. 

Nobody is spending this type money for Jeff Traylor or Mike Elko. The idea of spending $77MM is already crazy but the fact they would likely be hiring a complete crap shoot makes it even more unlikely. 

I put Jimbo being fired under 5% no matter how the results play out the rest of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nobody is spending this type money for Jeff Traylor or Mike Elko. The idea of spending $77MM is already crazy but the fact they would likely be hiring a complete crap shoot makes it even more unlikely. 

I put Jimbo being fired under 5% no matter how the results play out the rest of the season. 

What about Urban?

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is this? You can use M if you’re using K and B. That shit is common and that link says as much. 

In the O&G industry, almost always M=thousand and MM=million. I learned this as a young pup in Midland. There are a lot of O&G veterans and current folks on here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, nnm said:

In the O&G industry, almost always M=thousand and MM=million. I learned this as a young pup in Midland. There are a lot of O&G veterans and current folks on here. 

That’s really neat for you guys. 

My post remains correct. You literally posted a link refuting your own position from a known authority on the subject matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2