Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why is the shine off Rhule for you? Becuase he sucked in the NFL? Guy won more games than Scott Frost. I'm not sure I'm looking down on the guy yet as a has been coach. 

I look down on him becuase of his face, his allegeded paint stripping halitosis, and his also alleged naked drunk dialing of other coaches and reporters becuase he gets lonely. 

Well hell...

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is just a total guess but the more I read from aggy sites and Liucci, I don't think Traylor is particularly high on their list. 

Feels like they're gonna turn their nose up at him and hire someone else. Fisch being mentioned with Day and DeBoer feels like texags propaganda to make his name seem on par with them. Plus I'd love to hear the spin on hiring a 15-22 head coach with no SEC experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is just a total guess but the more I read from aggy sites and Liucci, I don't think Traylor is particularly high on their list. 

I was invited to view the TAMU/Bama game from a suite. First Texas/OU game I've ever missed, but I didn't have tickets.

If it's Traylor, they were turned down by everyone. He's not good enough for the BMDs and the fan base is paranoid. OMG, he's a sip spy!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Feels like they're gonna turn their nose up at him and hire someone else. Fisch being mentioned with Day and DeBoer feels like texags propaganda to make his name seem on par with them. Plus I'd love to hear the spin on hiring a 15-22 head coach with no SEC experience. 

Them hiring the SS Rum Runner's replacement would be in the annals of high comedy. I am not sure there is a hire out there that is viable that won't bring some level of lulz to the table before they even coach the first game.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

In 2017. I think that may have been their last national title across the athletic department. 

2023 Women’s Polo (reigning national champs)

2019 Men’s & Women’s Polo National champs (2 titles)

2018 Men’s & Women’s Polo National champs (2 titles)

Since Argies are the best polo players in the world, I have adopted the sport over the last 15 years, so it pains me that the aggies have 5 titles in polo alone since that 2017 title that was referenced above.

5 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Zac Taylor maybe. His team was falling apart recently. Started with the ags as as a graduate assistant for several years. Married to Mike Sherman’s daughter, so he’s jizz jar adjacent. Couture guy and players coach. Low current salary. 

Not a chance

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Since Argies are the best polo players in the world, I have adopted the sport over the last 15 years, so it pains me that the aggies have 5 titles in polo alone since that 2017 title that was referenced above.

Not an NCAA sport. They're good at equestrian, too. It's a cow college but they can recruit horses.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Zac Taylor maybe. His team was falling apart recently. Started with the ags as as a graduate assistant for several years. Married to Mike Sherman’s daughter, so he’s jizz jar adjacent. Couture guy and players coach. Low current salary. 

it would truly be shocking if the guy returned to college after being a sitting NFL head coach.

that said he has a ton of ties to A&M through Dan Campbell + Sherman + Ryan Tannehill.

image.png.e100c931f74510c6f319c888ba020eee.png

if they were smart they would leverage him to try and get some thoughts on guys in the McVay offensive coaching tree at OC. but i'm sure instead they will keep on trying to poach sitting NFL coaches and keep getting told "uh, no thanks"

Edited by NoName

11 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Wouldn't fit in at a place where OshKosh B'gosh >>>>>> Louis Vuitton

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A collegiate championship in polo is on par with one in quidditch. Which UT has, I believe. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A collegiate championship in polo is on par with one in quidditch. Which UT has, I believe. 

I wish.

I have seen a few quidditch matches (“tests”?) in “Harry Potter” films and I have seen women that attend polo matches in Argentina 🇦🇷.

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

33 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I wish.

I have seen a few quidditch matches (“tests”?) in “Harry Potter” films and I have seen women that attend polo matches in Argentina 🇦🇷.

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

Yes of course. But polo worldwide, versus American comlegiate club sport polo, I doubt are comparable in any metric. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fisch has a nice NFL resume, but yes his HC resume leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe better Bill O’Brien is the comparison?

To be fair, Bill O'Brien went 15-9 as a college head coach before leaving for the NFL.  Obviously Penn State is not the same as Arizona, but it was also right after the whole Paterno thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fisch has a nice NFL resume, but yes his HC resume leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe better Bill O’Brien is the comparison?

1) What is nice about Fisch's NFL resume? He never stayed anywhere for long and it's hard to give him a ton of credit as an offensive mind given the people with whom he was also on staff.

2) I understand the general disdain for Bill O'Brien that people carry on this board, but the guy has actually accomplished some things. He did well with longevity in NE. He salvaged Penn State from Tartarus and made them credible. He went to the playoffs multiple times as HC of the Texans. Fisch has a hell of a long way to go before he's even close to that. 

2 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

For you young'ins, that's called a modified blumpie

I was thinking Angry Blumpkin. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If it’s Fisch, the back story on Elko telling them no will be fascinating. 

Elko’s rumored buyout is $50 million. aggy getting money whipped by Duke would be top notch. 

One of Duke's biggest basketball donors was successfully convinced it was in the basketball program's interest for the football team to not suck in the near future.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Fisch is great for the group they have recruited and currently have in the pipeline. Fisher recruited with the understanding that you get paid to play on Saturdays. Everything else is negotiable. A lot of top coaches would come in and clean house. They won’t have that issue with Fisch. Also, they only have to fix a couple of letters on the name plates. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

One of Duke's biggest basketball donors was successfully convinced it was in the basketball program's interest for the football team to not suck in the near future.

Duke's AD understands that their football program needs to win to keep the budget afloat... Duke Bball is obviously huge, but football is the real money maker.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Fisch is great for the group they have recruited and currently have in the pipeline. Fisher recruited with the understanding that you get paid to play on Saturdays. Everything else is negotiable. A lot of top coaches would come in and clean house. They won’t have that issue with Fisch. Also, they only have to fix a couple of letters on the name plates. 

Big assumption those kids on campus and in the class stay in that pipeline. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Here are the men's collegiate Polo teams that compete for the US Polo Association championship: Babson, Brown, Cornell, Harvard, Skidmore, Yale, Kentucky, UVA, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Middle Tennessee State, Georgetown, Morehouse, Colorado State, OK State, SMU, aggy, North Texas, Texas Tech, Cal Poly-Obispo, Stanford, Grossmont, Montana State, Oregon State.

Texas has a men's Polo team but we don't take it that seriously. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

In his first season they had 15 transfers in and out before going 1-11. He may want to do the same.

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Big assumption those kids on campus and in the class stay in that pipeline. 

I think most kids response is going to be ‘what the fuck is a Jedd Fisch?’  He’s not exactly a name - and neither are any of his current assistants.   Interested to see if just keeping Robinson around is enough to keep the roster/class together.  

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
Double D’s