Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

The Herman and Klein comparison offensively is an interesting one though. I think it's a big reason they punch above weight (SP+ and other advanced metrics). 

They keep things between the margins, don't turn the ball over much, and utilize a rather low-risk offense. It's a big reason people were fooled by Tom Herman. He was an "overachiever" in the context of advanced metrics but that type shit doesn't get you close to winning championships. 

3 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Sips are focusing too much on C-Kle's coaching. He knows how to beat tu because he went 3-0 as a player. He excelled in the passing game right off the bat because he completed 100% of his passes his fish year. Bet you didn't know he didn't throw in incompletion until the fourth game of his sophomore year, and it was only one incompletion for that entire game. In 10 games as a sophomore he didn't throw an incompletion in 6 of them! That's the kind of passing game he's bring to C-Stat.  Dude ran for 5 TDs against the shorthorns so he knows the running game. Passing. Running. Beating tu. That's what Coll-Kle does in Coll-Stat!!!

And if that doesn't sell you on him, it was written in the stars in 2012 baby! 12th man and Johnny Football approved!

spacer.png

And they open with Notre Dame next season the holy trinity father, son, holy spirit unite to take down the sips

5 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Sips are focusing too much on C-Kle's coaching. He knows how to beat tu because he went 3-0 as a player. He excelled in the passing game right off the bat because he completed 100% of his passes his fish year. Bet you didn't know he didn't throw in incompletion until the fourth game of his sophomore year, and it was only one incompletion for that entire game. In 10 games as a sophomore he didn't throw an incompletion in 6 of them! That's the kind of passing game he's bring to C-Stat.  Dude ran for 5 TDs against the shorthorns so he knows the running game. Passing. Running. Beating tu. That's what Coll-Kle does in Coll-Stat!!!

And if that doesn't sell you on him, it was written in the stars in 2012 baby! 12th man and Johnny Football approved!

spacer.png

Has there ever been a shittier Heisman slate than 2012?

ScreenShot2023-12-06at10_06_13AM.thumb.png.09f2c431dde27d2adf19815b57038366.png

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They're running with the 13th out of 14 composite talent narrative but it totally misses the point why K-State has success with that approach. 

They have a bunch of grown men that are in their 4th to 6th year playing college football. That's been Klienman's thing since NDSU and even a K-State thing with Snyder. 

That type of approach does not work when you're more talented since 1) Players leave early and 2) You have a bunch of schools that want your players. K-State has like 7 or 8 RS SRs that are starting and then another 7 or 8 that are 4th year players. 

Bingo. The maroon mob's patience will soon be tested if this new staff goes for a "slow and steady" rebuild based heavily on talented but loyal upperclassmen. The kind of players it takes to be elite in the SEC won't generally sit around for years waiting their turn while other schools are luring them with more and earlier playing time and solid NIL. 

With good coaching, programs like KSU can meet or exceed fan expectations in our former conference with a bunch of older guys from the wheat fields and wind farms. But aggy literally faces the challenge of a different league and fanbase. How ironic that they say we're about to get a shocking initiation to the SEC, even as they're evidently trying to emulate a team from the "BDF." We're already much more of an SEC team than they are. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ian has an infatuation with coaches that utilize the QB run game. He was insufferable about Herman and Ehlinger until he realized that shit doesn't work. The fact he's repeating these same narratives with Klein is 1) amusing 2) shouldn't make any aggy feel good. 

Four of those guys have been fired in the last 3 seasons.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Four of those guys have been fired in the last 3 seasons.

Yeah, that's kind of my point above. 

They punch above weight as "overachievers" in the advanced metrics because their offense doesn't look great other than keeping it between the margins, not turning the ball over, and running a low-risk offense. 

That's pretty much Herman, Snyder, and Niumtalolo. They just run the ball a shit load (with their QB) which doesn't translate into an explosive offense but it can 1) get you to a lot of 8-4 or 9-3 seasons 2) some wins where win-expectancy says you probably should have lost. 

Is that what aggy wants to be? I guess so. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

spacer.png

I'd forgotten what a shitty year that was for Heisman candidates. It's the only way an electrifying freshman could win one. I had no idea Klein was a finalist. I only remember the ND catfish linebacker.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sure. But I also think not changing your opinions when presented with new data or opportunitie, or that things change, isn't necessarily something to crow about either. My 6 year old is fucking convicted that mustard is awful and sushi is terrible. He also, depending on the circumstances, doesn't like melted cheese, thinks The News, is boring, and doesn't see a need to do his homework. 

And if you want to try and tell me a 14 year old isn't still a child I will laugh in your fucking face. 

how does your 6 year old feel about cereal?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

How the hell do you fire Steve Addazio if you just want a bunch of guys being dudes!?!? HE'S THE OG DUDE-GUY!

Being a dude at Texas A&M is super manly and not anything like what those gay t-sip fehg commies in Asstin experience. Rough, tough, real buff manly Aggie men.

You gotta be a man to Yell and uncover and squeeze your nuts and fling horseshit and fill jizz jars and guard a dead dog grave and pass it back and hump it and Saw Varsity's horns off and practice yelling and step off the wood and man the gloryholes and elephant walk and cut and stack and whip out and never lose, just run out of time. That's what being a manly ag dude is all about. Whoop!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

This is shaping up to be a glorious disaster.  It's not exactly Herman and not exactly Strong, more like a nice cocktail of both of the shitshows we went through.  I don't think there will be 1 good season though.  I'm thinking Elko's getting fired after 3 shitty years.

I won’t hate on a guy for having conviction and sticking to his guns. We’d be better off if more people had a moral/ethical backbone. I will hate on him for risking his career to coach at such a failure of a football school. 

Another fool that lives his life based on a book of bronze age myths. Perfect aggy hire. Make 0-7 0-8 next November.
  • Fuck You 3

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't wait until coaching salaries are released. Klein has spent all his life in the midwest, you know he took this job becuase they offered him well over a million to be OC. Watch it be like 1.6 or 1.8.

Up thread it was rumored to be over $2MM.  If they did that, I might actually die from laughter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Up thread it was rumored to be over $2MM.  If they did that, I might actually die from laughter.

I refuse to believe that. I refuse to believe they're about to make Collin Klein perhaps the highest paid coordinator in college football. Like you, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it if that is the case. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

At my age, I have too many regrets. One is not becoming a college football coach.

Aggie football coach.

A football coach career requires talent.

As an Aggie football coach you can Constanza your way into millions, just do the stupid yells, support the weird ass traditions, behave like little brother to Sark and Saban, and you can quiet quit to retirement

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They like to overpay as a flex, they think it makes them look rich and powerful. So I wouldn’t be surprised. 

and if you define the salary pool, there’s no reason to not use it all. There’s a reason car salesmen and mortgage people tell you the most you qualify for. 

I believe they're paying that because no one would want to hitch their wagon to Mike fucking Elko.  Reminiscent to overpaying Sterling fucking Gilbert to hitch his wagon to Charlie Strong.