Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

...and then? Dude won a national championship in 2019.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah I’m sure his S&C really made Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Joe Burrow into the elite talents they were. Dude is washed and you’re all on his dick. Dude is Mad Dog 2.0 now.

The 3 skill guys are not the product of S & C, quite the opposite.

The big uglies LSU brought to Austin in 2019 were some of the worst conditioned D1 athletes I’ve seen in a long time. They live in Baton Rouge, and couldn’t handle the heat and humidity in a night game in Austin.

3 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-22-37-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-22-48-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-22-56-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-23-09-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-23-16-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-12-17-23-25-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

“Holding the roster together and trying to salvage a recruiting class that was already coming apart at the seams prior to Jimbo Fisher’s departure …”

Yeah, that’s not the narrative I remember …

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Yup that right there is what they teach you to do when building a team that performs highly inside an organization.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Based on his last 2 years as the S&C coach at LSU they were near the bottom in "starts lost to injuries". As referenced above. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

The picture of his office w/ the notice to the NFL is going to go over really well with recruits.  The Tom Herman method of building a G5 staff to compete in a P4 world.

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They’re going all in on this “blue-collar” and “tough” mantra. This is going to fail so spectacularly but I’m going to enjoy every second of it. 

Imagine how gen z players will react to a member of their coaching staff sabatoge their nfl chances. In the era of the portal. Man I really hope he puts that sign back up, 

Also I remember aTm high fiving when they hired Jerry Schmidt. Same hard ass bullshit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine how gen z players will react to a member of their coaching staff sabatoge their nfl chances. In the era of the portal. Man I really hope he puts that sign back up, 

Joke’s on you, SC. The fighting Texum Aggies are returning to their roots! Moar with less! This team is going to be chock full of 2 stars and 3 stars who just really want to be aggies, so Moff and Melk aren’t going to have to deal with those pesky NFL scouts sniffing around the program anymore!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Moffitt is actually excellent. I've watched some of his online strength clinics.  This was a good get by Elko.  

I read the thread at Tiger droppings regarding Moffit and those guys are split. Many agreed he had gone down hill, some thought it was because he is old and others think it was due to Orgeron's lack of team discipline. Those in favor think OL and DL will get stronger others think he will not be anything special anymore. Most agree the hire is due to an inferiority complex and wanting LSU to rub off on aggy.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also I remember aTm high fiving when they hired Jerry Schmidt. Same hard ass bullshit. 

He's going to need to switch to A1 size paper to fit all the names

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Moffitt is a win-win.

It pushes LSU farther down the rabbit hole of Texas oil millionaire conspiracy theories. 

And aggy gets to their beat their chests for hiring away a longtime LSU coach. Clickty clack. 

Moffitt was unemployed the last two years. They hired an old man off his couch

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Moffitt is a win-win.

It pushes LSU farther down the rabbit hole of Texas oil millionaire conspiracy theories. 

And aggy gets to their beat their chests for hiring away a longtime LSU coach. Clickty clack. 

What are the LSU Texas oil millionaire conspiracy theories? Can't say I've spent much time reading their boards - most of their posters in SEC Rant screenshots seem barely smarter than mold.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

According to Phil Steele, LSU finished 124th in starts lost to injury in '20 and 111th in starts lost to injury in '21. 

You're telling me an old-school drill sergeant that doesn't embrace innovation has a bunch of injuries? I am for one shocked. 

https://philsteele.com/2020-starts-lost-to-injury/

To be clear, this is from the 2020 season when there were many teams that played significantly fewer games than LSU, for obvious reasons? Or is this from the 2019 season heading into 2020 when LSU played an extra game or two or three because they won the national championship? 

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Exact positions may be off, but things are going well on the depth chart

image.thumb.png.dcd3ab4d7169531781bcc698a7d67f92.png

I need you to stop being such a bitch and come back to posting on the recruiting board full time. You know you want to. And to be frank I'm not sure how I can possibly phrase my request in a kinder, more welcoming manner. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I need you to stop being such a bitch and come back to posting on the recruiting board full time. You know you want to. And to be frank I'm not sure how I can possibly phrase my request in a kinder, more welcoming manner. 

Ha. My baseline is little bitch, but noted. Maybe if we win it all. Maybe next year. Maybe I’ll go fuck myself. 

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Exact positions may be off, but things are going well on the depth chart

image.thumb.png.dcd3ab4d7169531781bcc698a7d67f92.png

1) Evan Stewart, Walker and Harvey combined last season for 16 drops. That should be a lethal trio. 

2) Fatheree took like 3 snaps this season. They are talking on the 247 board like he may medically retire, but take that with a grain of salt. Still, if he comes back, he wasn't great beforehand and this will be an uphill climb.

3) Is Max Wright really coming back in an attempt to slip the sport of CFB a mickey for a 7th season?

4) I think Tony Grimes is gone.

5) Seems like there are going to be 3-4 more defections in the very near term.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

1) Evan Stewart, Walker and Harvey combined last season for 16 drops. That should be a lethal trio. 

2) Fatheree took like 3 snaps this season. They are talking on the 247 board like he may medically retire, but take that with a grain of salt. Still, if he comes back, he wasn't great beforehand and this will be an uphill climb.

3) Is Max Wright really coming back in an attempt to slip the sport of CFB a mickey for a 7th season?

4) I think Tony Grimes is gone.

5) Seems like there are going to be 3-4 more defections in the very near term.

Tony Grimes being gone sort of assumes Tony Grimes was ever there.

• Like 1

I know there is still plenty of time left in the portal window, but does anyone else think they are completely doomed at OL?  Not only are there a limited number of quality transfer portal entries at the position, but you have several highly motivated competitors with needs there as well (particularly OU) and a better development story to sell.

Even with all of the defections, that DL is loaded though.