Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

1 hour ago, Yuk said:

I wish I could find the picture of Charlie and Shawn Watson (both exhausted) after spending an entire day convincing Kai Locksley to come to Texas. Pretty much sums up his tenure.

What summed up his tenure to me is that he never had a winning record. And we're not talking 11-1 or 10-2 here. Not one lousy 7-5 season in his whole tenure. He's the only Texas coach in my lifetime who can claim that distinction.

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

This hits close to home as gentry went to my high school....Eldorado. 

Home of the fightin’ Chris Everetts!

80ozHn.gif

No NM HS QB should ever be taken seriously unless he does ok at a Juco first.  The level of competition is so low. Who’s the NM HS QB that has had the most success?  Landry Jones?

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Those Oregon State defensive players that entered the portal that aggy thought they had a chance with and were going to get a visit from have been crystal balled to USC 

Hitting. The. Portal. Hard.

Actually, had A&M landed a few highly touted guys, I'd be inclined to think that they may be hitting on some decent overlooked players from the Missouri Valley Conference. As it is, it looks like they're being forced to settle.

T&P

Edited by RomaVicta

This is amazing. I have always wondered if I would live long enough to see aggy fall completely off their roller coaster haha. They have been a perennial 8-4 program most of my life but if they continue on this path there’s a good chance they become a 6-6 program which is fucking hilarious. If sark beats them like a drum next year they may just quit football all together hahaha. 

With us and OU coming into the sec there is a real displacement that is going to happen. We will push both arky and aggy down into doormat status. Aggy sees this and is panicking to avoid it, but every step they take is like throwing accelerant onto that process.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Home of the fightin’ Chris Everetts!

80ozHn.gif

No NM HS QB should ever be taken seriously unless he does ok at a Juco first.  The level of competition is so low. Who’s the NM HS QB that has had the most success?  Landry Jones?

Landry and Everett probably at the top in my lifetime of following NM HS. Bobby Newcomb had 15 minutes.  Current NMSU qb is from Albuquerque. Probably missed someone from a Clovis or Roswell that did something.

It's slim pickins in that state. 

• Like 1

It's probably been mentioned but everytime I see their updated roster, it becomes incredibly apparent the disconnect between fans/donors view of Elko and the player's view of Elko.  Particularly on the defensive side.  I mean, he was brought in with the hopes that the defense (coaches included) would mostly remain the same.  Yet they only have 3 starters returning (assuming no more go portaling) and an incomplete coaching staff. 

This is setting up a train wreck for '24 and I look forward to all the hilarity that continues!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Elko was expecting this. No big deal. Elko has better players in his sights.

Let's see .. USC in Los Angeles or A&M with all those weirdos in College Station, Texas. I'm sure that was a hard decision. 

Ags are saying they want three stars from Kerrville who want to play for A&M anyway, so I'm sure they don't care. 

29 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bobby Burton with the quote of the year on his Sunday update:

“As it relates to A&M, this will feel like an avalanche to them. Texas is the avalanche and A&M is the little shack on the side of the hill getting ready to be engulfed. That is what is happening to their recruiting class, and to a number of other issues that they are dealing with right now.”

Just another cog in the  BOMC machine.  

10 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

aggy all about that 5 star culture

image.png.7efad945c1ff98efd6dacdc19da277f0.png

Biggest star-fuckers in CFB for the last three years. Now? Give us grinders that love A&M (and work for cheap).

As all of these former commits and new prospects lose purchase on the rocky place that is Aggie football, it's typical that they won't even recognize the loss of Jimbo's chief talent: closing recruits. They were sure the recruits were coming to the greatness of A&M alone and only required a better gameday coach.

Now the Jimbo days are about to become their 20-year peak.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Bobby Burton with the quote of the year on his Sunday update:

“As it relates to A&M, this will feel like an avalanche to them. Texas is the avalanche and A&M is the little shack on the side of the hill getting ready to be engulfed. That is what is happening to their recruiting class, and to a number of other issues that they are dealing with right now.”

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1