Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I like the notion that Klein maybe hasn't had time to change his social media. It gives the impression that Klein and Dapper Mike Elko are sitting in a bare, largely abandoned office with traditional phones ringing all around them as they try to figure out how to work apps on their cell phones.

No staff. No support. No money. No clue.

If Klein can eject out of this deal, he must surely be tempted. Aggie football is a shit fire right now in with the influx of elite Division 2 talent.

No shit. "Klein doesn't have time for social media"  ain't gonna fly in this day and age. It's not like A&M doesn't have a whole platoon of people heling him do it. He should be all over that shit right now. The motherfucker isn't but about 35 years old. It's not like you're asking Bronco Naguurski to do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

SIAP, but I totally missed this article from Dec. 9th: 

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2023/12/09/texas-am-wanted-collin-klein-and-avery-johnson-as-packaged-deal-report/

Kietzman joined Pete Mundo on 95.7KCMO Talk Radio in Kansas City on Friday morning and mentioned that Texas A&M was interested in bringing in both Collin Klein and his talented sophomore quarterback Avery Johnson as a packaged deal, which Klein immediately shot down.

Kietzman spoke on the situation saying, “You know they tried to bring the quarterback along with him, and my people are telling me Collin Klein said, ‘I’m not even talking to you if this involves taking a player from Kansas State. You can talk to me about being a coordinator, but we’re not taking any players from K-State.'”

Tact, thy name is aggy

• Haha 2

It's obvious that Klein is just cucking them ERob style. He made a non-binding handshake deal to be the aggy oc just so he could crash their in-homes to recruit for his real employer, K State. That's why he's not updating social media or websites. He doesn't really work for aggy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

SIAP, but I totally missed this article from Dec. 9th: 

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2023/12/09/texas-am-wanted-collin-klein-and-avery-johnson-as-packaged-deal-report/

Kietzman joined Pete Mundo on 95.7KCMO Talk Radio in Kansas City on Friday morning and mentioned that Texas A&M was interested in bringing in both Collin Klein and his talented sophomore quarterback Avery Johnson as a packaged deal, which Klein immediately shot down.

Kietzman spoke on the situation saying, “You know they tried to bring the quarterback along with him, and my people are telling me Collin Klein said, ‘I’m not even talking to you if this involves taking a player from Kansas State. You can talk to me about being a coordinator, but we’re not taking any players from K-State.'”

So, did Klein change his mind about the job after the "Blanket" transferred there?

Elko: Hey Collin, we'd love to pistol whip you with cash to come be my OC. And we'd be very interested in Avery Johnson as well. 

CK:  1. Fine, I'll take the money 2. We will not poach any K-State players.  

Elko: Cool, cool. When can we get you to College Station? 

CK: After our bowl game. I won't step foot in that shithole until then.

Elko: LOL! Okay. Say hi to your wife for me. 

CK: WTF

Elko. nm TTYL

• Haha 1

Don’t even think about questioning over on TexAgs the quality of their portal recruits. A couple of people who did are getting hammered for it. 

16 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

The proctologist looks a little happier than the patient. 

That’s about as close as you can get to the thumbs up without actually making a thumbs up. 

Youngstown St

Central Michigan 

La Tech

Big 12 OC

Aggies are killing it in the transfer portal and off season. I can’t wait for the posts about “rankings don’t matter” “lunch pail type” “blue collar work ethic” and players willing to let Elko coach them up.  It’s coming. 

20 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Youngstown St

Central Michigan 

La Tech

Big 12 OC

Aggies are killing it in the transfer portal and off season. I can’t wait for the posts about “rankings don’t matter” “lunch pail type” “blue collar work ethic” and players willing to let Elko coach them up.  It’s coming. 

You forgot "three star grinder" and "guys who want to be at A&M."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Yep.  

They were all thinking it.

ElkoAg wrote it.  (Including the gem marked in blue.)

image.thumb.png.db9cd03b61c014007dba875b6065ef4b.png

And then this irrepressible fount of obsequious idolatry decides to contribute.

image.thumb.png.7d9a280fc1180bb113f393280758f713.png

Oh ElkoAg, “tiresomely” and “en tact” in the same sentence? Must’ve been a STEM major at good ole aggy. 

78Eagle, flies aren’t attracted to honey. They’re attracted to excrement. If the flies are buzzing around you, you’re full of excrement. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 2

9 hours ago, nnm said:

This is one of the strangest little twists in the 2023 aggy corching saga. I could see him not updating his Twitter bio (what HS kid actually uses Twitter anymore?). I could see KState not updating their webpage because they’re busy with other things. But no updating of either school’s webpages, plus radio silence from Klein?  

This is the $64,000 question! or ~ $75 Million ... or whatever

Why have they not updated the official website? Is Klein the OC or not? Who, if anybody is recruiting? How can you identify and pursue transfers and recruits if you don't even have a coaching staff?  Who is behind the transfer portal? Elko? Grad assistants? Looch? Does aggy have a website that transfers can self recruit and sign themselves up? Very bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is going to be a ROUGH three years for them. Elko CANNOT recruit. Imagine knowing you fired Jimbo, only to get someone who is objectively worse, and pay tens more millions for the privilege. He's driving away any talent they might have had. You can't compete in the SEC without talent, and they aren't going to have it.

It's like moving in with your girlfriend, signing a lease, and realizing later that day you have to break up with her.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vermin said:

He talked about taking $20 million from the 12th Man Foundation to pay Jimbo within 60 days like it was his nothing. Could it end up being that the lawyers said that it’s not that simple and he can’t meet payroll for the new staff?

I thought it was the reverse? Boosters pay the initial lump and then the athletic department fits the bill for 8-10 a year until it’s done? The 12th man just did a huge capital raise and signed the check to the AD recently. 

15 hours ago, Vermin said:

Loftin mentioned on a podcast that you can mostly mortgage the future paying off Jimbo, the the buyouts on assistant coach contracts are due immediately. Oil going from $94 3 months ago to $73 today might have Houston big cigars feeling pain, causing cash flow issues at aggy. And they still have that insane stadium expansion to pay for.

The stadium loan is to the university. If that isn’t already paid off, and it might be, they’ll just renegotiate that shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The stadium loan is to the university. If that isn’t already paid off, and it might be, they’ll just renegotiate that shit. 

That's too bad - I would like to see it get repossessed. A big foreclosure sign with the bank's name on the front of the stadium would be nice.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought it was the reverse? Boosters pay the initial lump and then the athletic department fits the bill for 8-10 a year until it’s done? The 12th man just did a huge capital raise and signed the check to the AD recently. 

They’ll just write it off. 
34a3821d-03fc-44b5-9ca3-e2c4ed1963ea_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Good post.

It's ironic that the Aggies claimed to have figured out how to use NIL ahead of everyone else, and we'd all have to catch up.  The irony falls in the fact that A&M has bumbled into providing a clear lesson in the ways a program can go wrong.

They spent ungodly tons of money on the stadium, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities, hiring Jimbo then throwing bags of the stuff to players. The initial spending convinced them that they were endlessly rich. How much they spent proved how much they had. Therefore, the more they spent, the more they thought they had.

These are Aggies, after all. 

Now, it's pretty clear that the reservoirs are pretty low. Maybe they should just recognize that, conserve expenditures for awhile, let the reserves build up again, and work on building different culture. Short term pain for longer term gain. But what do I know?

Also, it doesn't matter what the wisest course of action is because the Aggies are sure to not take that course. Their Plan 2024 has blown up like the bomb in that guy's ass in Man On Fire. Still, they are desperate to keep up the appearance of being a big shot in the SEC Hermandad. 

Burton described their situation perfectly; they're little cabin in the path of the massive avalanche.

Before Mt. St. Helen's erupted back in the 1980s, there was this old guy named Harry Truman (really) who lived in a scenic cabin in the blast zone. He refused to evacuate. "I lived here for 50 years and it's never blown."

He and his cabin were buried under 40 feet of mud.

I think this is a picture from that year:

spacer.png

I thought it was like 150 feet and he had like 15 cats as well.

image.png.eaf77adfabf795e0c09a975ef1bf5d17.png