Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

It's like Texans, especially on the border have been dealing with it for years. Why should our border czar not see the work she's not doing? What, she only gone to El Paso once? Also, you want to be sanctuary city/state so bad, why don't you deal with the trickling of immigrants? What a bunch of NIMBYs. Take some responsibility for what you're policies bring in. This isn't cruel, it is relieving the small border town that you don't have the infrastructure to deal with year after year.

Tell us about the time you’ve spent in south Texas? Maybe the immigrants just need a go fund me?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

i am so glad to read/see that the locals are embracing these folks and helping them in whatever way they can in the short term.  And eventually, they will need to be relocated yet again...but on the bright side...a handful of them plus some townies...you know there's a fucking fantastic sit-com script in here somewhere.  

image.jpeg.b3486daef3b7751378653351fc97199c.jpeg

Wings reboot. Pitch it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

She was cute, but that redhead in the later seasons was a total smokeshow who had to pour herself into her jeans before blocking and lighting.  

I hadn't thought about that show in decades probably but was speaking with my WWII submariner granduncle the other day and he's coming to Texas before Veteran's Day for a reunion with the last of his shipmates.  And I don''t know why, and yes sailor v. soldier, I get it.  But I thought of the ticket lady Faye.  When they find out her last name is like when George finds out Kramer's first name.  And she says because people would taunt her as a kid about it...Faye Duvay.  "Do you Duvay to...?"  "Do you go all Duvay...?"  and  her favorite, "Old soldiers never die...they just faye duvay..."  Just this past week.  So weird.  Anyway, Greg Abbott is making some questionable decisions lately.  

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

It's like Texans, especially on the border have been dealing with it for years. Why should our border czar not see the work she's not doing? What, she only gone to El Paso once? Also, you want to be sanctuary city/state so bad, why don't you deal with the trickling of immigrants? What a bunch of NIMBYs. Take some responsibility for what you're policies bring in. This isn't cruel, it is relieving the small border town that you don't have the infrastructure to deal with year after year.

jags-fan-wth.gif

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Can you be more specific about what we should take responsibility for? Does your renewed posting in CR have anything to do with the white angst over no longer being the majority in Texas? Please edumacate us on how to take some responsibility for what our are (lol) policies bringing in.

What about! 

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Since offloading "problems" onto other states is cool with @workswithseed, we've got thousands of black men here in California convicted of carrying firearms. In many GOP states, such acts would not be criminal.

California has long sought to reduce access to guns, but the GOP continues to block those efforts.

I propose putting all felons convicted of gun possession crimes onto busses and sending them to Texas because I have a malfunctioning brain like @workswithseed

What about, but showing how sucky California is. 

• Fuck You 4

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

She was cute, but that redhead in the later seasons was a total smokeshow who had to pour herself into her jeans before blocking and lighting.  

I hadn't thought about that show in decades probably but was speaking with my WWII submariner granduncle the other day and he's coming to Texas before Veteran's Day for a reunion with the last of his shipmates.  And I don''t know why, and yes sailor v. soldier, I get it.  But I thought of the ticket lady Faye.  When they find out her last name is like when George finds out Kramer's first name.  And she says because people would taunt her as a kid about it...Faye Duvay.  "Do you Duvay to...?"  "Do you go all Duvay...?"  and  her favorite, "Old soldiers never die...they just faye duvay..."  Just this past week.  So weird.  Anyway, Greg Abbott is making some questionable decisions lately.  

Amy Yasmeen or something? The chick who was in Robin Hood: Men in Tights? She was nice but she was no Crystal Bernard, that's for sure!

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Amy Yasmeen or something? The chick who was in Robin Hood: Men in Tights? She was nice but she was no Crystal Bernard, that's for sure!

Apparently I was thinking of Farrah Forke.  Who, sadly, passed away just a few months ago at 54.  From Texas also.  Tragic.  Kinda Auburn/Chestnut hair I guess, just beautiful.  RIP.  

also, Greg Abbott seems to be unhinged lately.

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Swing and a miss. Criticizing your policy position is not what-aboutism. 

"What about the strict California  gun problem?" Is not a very good criticism. 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who are you to call out his bona fides?  He’s seen at least two YouTube videos about the border and watched both episodes of Sicario. 

I mean this whole board is so full of bona fides on the border. Might as well be a bunch of VPs up in here. Hey, did that border agent whip the illegal crossing the border? 

• Fuck You 2

All I know is that there are many school districts or rural health clinics who could use that $12 million Hot Wheels has spent on the bussing of these people. 
If I did not live in Austin, I could not live in Texas. Too many hypocrites especially at all these mega churches that are seemingly in every corner. 
Hot Wheels is just taking his anger for having to wear a diaper out on people who have no power or money. Sad and with any luck he will be rolling around hell for all eternity. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

All I know is that there are many school districts or rural health clinics who could use that $12 million Hot Wheels has spent on the bussing of these people. 
If I did not live in Austin, I could not live in Texas. Too many hypocrites especially at all these mega churches that are seemingly in every corner. 
Hot Wheels is just taking his anger for having to wear a diaper out on people who have no power or money. Sad and with any luck he will be rolling around hell for all eternity. 

and it is definitely not wheelchair accessible

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

But 50 immigrants! This is one of the richest part of the nation. This is what they voted for. They're a sanctuary city. 

https://twitter.com/NYCHomoCon/status/1570456702390267905?s=20&t=o7yVI-bOVdeVpWRH1CW0SA

• Fuck You 9

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

It really upsets you that the VP is a black woman I can tell. 
The border has been an equal opportunity problem no matter who the president is. The only difference is that you red hats introduced a level of cruelty that we have not seen.  
It’s your new abortion issue in that you don’t want to do anything to fix it so you can keep bitching about it. 
Nothing will change without legislation and right now that takes R’s and D’s making a bipartisan solution. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

Since offloading "problems" onto other states is cool with @workswithseed, we've got thousands of black men here in California convicted of carrying firearms. In many GOP states, such acts would not be criminal.

California has long sought to reduce access to guns, but the GOP continues to block those efforts.

I propose putting all felons convicted of gun possession crimes onto busses and sending them to Texas because I have a malfunctioning brain like @workswithseed

I'm actually good with this proposal. Apply it to future abortion law enforcement too:  'Bout to get fucked for no good reason in Texas? Here's a list of US States where what you did was not a crime. We'll relocate you to the city of your choice, avoid fucking your life and future productivity, and save taxpayers millions. 

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

But 50 immigrants! This is one of the richest part of the nation. This is what they voted for. They're a sanctuary city. 

https://twitter.com/NYCHomoCon/status/1570456702390267905?s=20&t=o7yVI-bOVdeVpWRH1CW0SA

What the fuck is wrong with you citing a right wing bot twitter account to prove some point?  Ok, we get it, you are a red hat. Maybe you might be happier over on the TexAgs Politics forum. They still believe in lynching and Jewish space lasers over there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Okay, I read the account.  If that is true.....then it is the FEDERAL crime of kidnapping, per statute:

(a)Whoever unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles [to surly: this means "by deception," as happened here], decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—

(1)

the person is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce, regardless of whether the person was alive when transported across a State boundary, or the offender travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses the mail or any means, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in committing or in furtherance of the commission of the offense;

(2)

any such act against the person is done within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States;

(3)

any such act against the person is done within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States as defined in section 46501 of title 49;

(4)

the person is a foreign official, an internationally protected person, or an official guest as those terms are defined in section 1116(b) of this title; or

(5)

the person is among those officers and employees described in section 1114 of this title and any such act against the person is done while the person is engaged in, or on account of, the performance of official duties,

shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life and, if the death of any person results, shall be punished by death or life imprisonment.

Oh.....and presuming that Gov. DeSantis was part of this plan, and he certainly was, he has committed a federal crime as well (state governors are not immune from federal charges):

(c)

If two or more persons conspire to violate this section and one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

Oh, and some of the victims were children?  Minimum sentence of 20 years:

(g)Special Rule for Certain Offenses Involving Children.—

(1)To whom applicable.—If—(A)

the victim of an offense under this section has not attained the age of eighteen years; and

(B)the offender—(i)

has attained such age; and

(ii)is not—(I)

a parent;

(II)

a grandparent;

(III)

a brother;

(IV)

a sister;

(V)

an aunt;

(VI)

an uncle; or

(VII)

an individual having legal custody of the victim;

the sentence under this section for such offense shall include imprisonment for not less than 20 years.

Enough.  Time to bring the hammer down on all of these arrogant, evil fuckholes.  For political gain, Ron DeSantis engaged in the crime of federal kidnapping, using deception to trick people into letting him take them -- without their legal consent -- over 1,000 miles away, across multiple state lines.  He should rot in prison.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I saw this tweet and it made me sad. Because all you have to do is replace FL with TX and it still rings true. Now we have leaders who will allow 19 fourth graders to be murdered in school and do nothing to prevent it from happening again because...?

Y'all are picking on a kid with a learning disability.  Re: workswithseed.  Damn reply merge.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay, I read the account.  If that is true.....then it is the FEDERAL crime of kidnapping, per statute:

Oh.....and presuming that Gov. DeSantis was part of this plan, and he certainly was, he has committed a federal crime as well (state governors are not immune from federal charges):

Oh, and some of the victims were children?  Minimum sentence of 20 years:

Enough.  Time to bring the hammer down on all of these arrogant, evil fuckholes.  For political gain, Ron DeSantis engaged in the crime of federal kidnapping, using deception to trick people into letting him take them -- without their legal consent -- over 1,000 miles away, across multiple state lines.  He should rot in prison.

Soooo what would it take to get this lawsuit filed?  Or would it be left to the DOJ?

Edited by Biff Tannen

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Y'all are picking on a kid with a learning disability.  Re: workswithseed.  Damn reply merge.

Soooo what would it take to get this lawsuit filed?  Or would it be left to the DOJ?

It's a crime - DOJ would have to prosecute it.  I don't know what the Mass state laws are re a civil suit for kidnapping.  It would have to be filed in federal court, but I suspect it would have to be under Mass state law (or maybe Fla law).  Truly, I know nothing about civil claims for kidnapping.....BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS SHIT.  THIS IS DYSTOPIAN HELLSCAPE LEVEL SHIT.  A sitting governor openly participated in a conspiracy to kidnap by deception, and kidnapped dozens of people to send them over 1,000 miles away against their will.  WHAT THE FUCK?

Oh.....and if Abbott participated in this at all -- which I suspect he did, as the migrants were at a facility in Texas -- he should be charged as well.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

What the fuck is wrong with you citing a right wing bot twitter account to prove some point?  Ok, we get it, you are a red hat. Maybe you might be happier over on the TexAgs Politics forum. They still believe in lynching and Jewish space lasers over there. 

I get it. The politics are hitting home instead of the usual small towns that people thumb their noses at on the border. That's why they're turning red, and you're too clueless to understand. Pee tapes, and Georgia governor races get in way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

If Greg Abbott wanted this problem to end he could’ve done something the last twenty years as an elected statewide leader with every legislature and statewide office being Republican. But he didn’t because there are industries that need it.He could make Everify mandatory if he pushed for it. 

the “throw my hands in the air I can’t do anything” act he puts on because it’s a federal border is horseshit and he will find that out in the 2024 primaries when every candidate uses our border as an example of his failed leadership.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Nivek said:

Do you really need me to answer that for you?

I wondered if anyone could shoot holes in it. No, unfortunately I don't need an explanation. The Rs are more than willing to spend 240k a head to ship people to somewhere perceived as a liberal sanctuary but not actually give them a damn dime.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

"What about the strict California  gun problem?" Is not a very good criticism. 

I mean this whole board is so full of bona fides on the border. Might as well be a bunch of VPs up in here. Hey, did that border agent whip the illegal crossing the border? 

You truly are dumbass.  Go back to the rock you were under this summer.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

If Greg Abbott wanted this problem to end he could’ve done something the last twenty years as an elected statewide leader with every legislature and statewide office being Republican. But he didn’t because there are industries that need it.He could make Everify mandatory if he pushed for it. 

the “throw my hands in the air I can’t do anything” act he puts on because it’s a federal border is horseshit and he will find that out in the 2024 primaries when every candidate uses our border as an example of his failed leadership.

He didn't get primaried after opposing trump and imposing short lived mask mandates. All he's done since then is lurch hard into Trump style bullshit politics so... Unless trump and his dumb fuck movement die, any primary loss for Abbott is probably bad news for Texas.

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

But sanctuary cities!!!!

How is being a select few sent to MV unsafe and chaotic compared to being with the huge numbers, often living outside, at the border waiting to be processed? Yes, this is clearly a political stunt. But to call it dangerous and chaotic, given the journey these people took to reach the border, seems hyperbolic

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, B00M said:

How is being a select few sent to MV unsafe and chaotic compared to being with the huge numbers, often living outside, at the border waiting to be processed? Yes, this is clearly a political stunt. But to call it dangerous and chaotic, given the journey these people took to reach the border, seems hyperbolic

So since they've faced worse, we should be able to do whatever isn't as bad as what Maduro's done or what they've already faced at the border. WTF?  The metric on whether we're a just society is whether we're a failed state with a severe food shortage?

Also, these people were kidnapped. How the fuck isn't it dangerous to allow governors to kidnap people living in other states and transport them to whereever the hell they want?  Never mind that MV does not have social services for these people, and almost the entirety of its jobs are in tourism which is essentially closed for the next eight months.

• Hook 'Em 5