Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Jokes on him. Plan B is not an abortion pill since it prevents pregnancy, doesn’t terminate it.

Not exactly.  It can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, which will be their argument -- once the egg is fertilized, "life" begins.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Not exactly.  It can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, which will be their argument -- once the egg is fertilized, "life" begins.

Yes that's the argument of a lot of them which of course is total bullshit. Until there is implantation, there is no pregnancy that could result in a fetus/baby. No pregnancy = no abortion possible

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Yes that's the argument of a lot of them which of course is total bullshit. Until there is implantation, there is no pregnancy that could result in a fetus/baby. No pregnancy = no abortion possible

It's also questionable whether it actually prevents implantation.  The labeling makes that claim, but apparently there is research that contradicts that claim.

20 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Jokes on him. Plan B is not an abortion pill since it prevents pregnancy, doesn’t terminate it.

Abbott said that victims of rape could take Plan B to prevent a pregnancy. Due to the state’s healthcare landscape, accessing emergency contraception may not be feasible for low-income Texans

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/03/emergency-contraception-access-rape-victim-abbott/

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's also questionable whether it actually prevents implantation.  The labeling makes that claim, but apparently there is research that contradicts that claim.

Well the success rate isn't great. I got it many moons ago at the Student Health Center and at least can say that no lil Action Jeans resulted thereafter 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Lol science?  Gtfo with that. It has no place here in Republican world. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Yeah. They used the super-scientific, precise language , “within the body” to define pregnancy, which is ridiculous.

You’re  just jealous because your bedrock beliefs can’t be justified in the face of mounting contradictory information with 3 additional words that’s make no logic sense.

14 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I just saw Abbott’s ad in which he brags that Texas has “invested in education,” and Mrs.LL and I burst out into laughter, which I suspect was not the intended impact.

I saw the one where he claims he worked in a restaurant like the one he is just sitting  (no food, no service, no other patrons mind you) and worked his way through school and he wants other Texans to have that same opportunity.   

That rolling colostomy bag has no limits on the lies he will tell to try to retain power.

12 hours ago, scottsins said:

Yeah. They used the super-scientific, precise language , “within the body” to define pregnancy, which is ridiculous.

So under this vaguely worded proviso, could somebody---resident of Earth or Mars (counsel's choice) be found guilty of performing a non-within the body abortion if they removed Kuato from George's stomach?  

Also, if police funding is the issue---the massive portion of the Uvalde budget that went to the UPD made them among the 5% highest funded forces in the state.  But maths are hard so a TV or social media ad would be ineffective for some MAGA voters.  

+-

Fuck you wheels
Tonight is CPS ladies night at my house.

This week management has been throwing around directives to not discuss the gender investigation shit in emails due to the fact that pretty much all CPS emails are being scrutinized by FOIA inquiries.

Greg is about to stir up a whole bunch of shit at DFPS in coming weeks for political purposes. 1800 workers have already quit and there's going to be a lot of malicious compliance shennanigans happening.

The evil motherfucker is going to end up inadvertantly dismantling the whole agency pretty quickly when he fucks around and finds out.

I wish he would just DIAF. Slowly. Painfully.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Hopelessly behind here, but I just saw the Couldhavebeenworse commercial, and the claim Texas taxes are higher than California’s?

I searched to learn more, and was surprised to learn the there is merit to the claim, at least for middle to lower income families.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-05-19/wait-california-has-lower-middle-class-taxes-than-texas

https://www.gobankingrates.com/taxes/texas-taxes-outpacing-california/amp/

Sorry if this had been discussed. Not surprised. I’m fresh out of mirth.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Hopelessly behind here, but I just saw the Couldhavebeenworse commercial, and the claim Texas taxes are higher than California’s?
I searched to learn more, and was surprised to learn the there is merit to the claim, at least for middle to lower income families.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-05-19/wait-california-has-lower-middle-class-taxes-than-texas
https://www.gobankingrates.com/taxes/texas-taxes-outpacing-california/amp/

Sorry if this had been discussed. Not surprised. I’m fresh out of mirth.

Anybody with a basic math skill set can quickly determine that many states with a state income tax have lower overall taxes Texas with its property tax system. It’s especially true for any Texan living in a metro area with high home values.

28 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Imagine believing you are the party of personal freedom, civil liberties, and small government, while simultaneously trying to prosecute parents for their transgender children, build more prisons, prosecute women for making decisions about their own bodies, ban books, and constrain teachers abilities to discuss race. 

They don't believe it. They just say it enough so their shit for brains electorate believes it.

Being a Republican is the easiest job in the world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Anybody with a basic math skill set can quickly determine that many states with a state income tax have lower overall taxes Texas with its property tax system. It’s especially true for any Texan living in a metro area with high home values.

The only way you save money in texas on taxes is if you have a really high income and live in a really cheap house

• Like 3

The only way you save money in texas on taxes is if you have a really high income and live in a really cheap house

I always thought we’d stay in Austin for retirement but I would save $15,000 a year in taxes by moving to Colorado. By the time I retire in 9 years, it’ll be $20K+ easily with the way valuations are going. I could even upgrade my house significantly and save that amount. It’s ridiculous. We plan on traveling as much as possible in retirement and that savings would come in handy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I always thought we’d stay in Austin for retirement but I would save $15,000 a year in taxes by moving to Colorado. By the time I retire in 9 years, it’ll be $20K+ easily with the way valuations are going. I could even upgrade my house significantly and save that amount. It’s ridiculous. We plan on traveling as much as possible in retirement and that savings would come in handy.

One of my patients and his wife basically live in their 5th wheel. They travel all over and work at national parks at the entrance booths part time. They move north as it gets hotter and south as it gets colder. They maintain their Texas residency status with some company in of all places Livingston. They have a physical address not a P.O. Box.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. Moving from AZ to TX three years ago my taxes went up by 20%. 

• Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

One of my patients and his wife basically live in their 5th wheel. They travel all over and work at national parks at the entrance booths part time. They move north as it gets hotter and south as it gets colder. They maintain their Texas residency status with some company in of all places Livingston. They have a physical address not a P.O. Box.  

This couple are my new heroes.