The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

This is like the recruiting thread of the Politics board.  Who's the mystery recruit?

Gotta pay your $9.95, dude.

44 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Yeah, this is an interesting poster child for prison reform. But there's nothing wrong with being consistent. For any nonviolent non-danger to himself/herself/others person, solitary should be off the table. Also, the optics are not great if we're going to shame Russia for human rights abuses/Magnitsky and then not-quite-torture-but-you're-getting-there to one of its citizens.

Yeah.  I don't think it's wrong to hold the position that no prisoner should be subjected to cruel treatment....AND Butina is guilty as fuck of being a Russian spy.

In the Venn diagram, she falls within the first circle: she shouldn't be subjected to cruel treatment.  That has nothing to do with her innocence or guilt here, particularly when she has been represented by counsel throughout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

That isn't sensory deprivation.

Who said it was?

Yeah, I realize they didn't have her in a fucking sensory deprivation tank with Joe Rogan on DMT. She was in sensory and social isolation for two months according to her attorney, and given the fact that she was released on order after that attorney's filing, I have no reason to doubt it. Her "confession" is untrustworthy bullshit as it was apparently coerced via torture, which is something we supposedly don't do. (lol of course we do we're mass murderers)

Look, I understand how court filings work.

I bet you're the only one here, on this board full of college educated professionals, who does. The rest of us are out here picking hayseeds out of our teeth.

There are potentially valid reasons for putting her into solitary for some period of time.

Which is what her attorneys asked for in lieu of her being transferred to gen pop. Turns out, the prison just transferred her to gen pop instead of providing a reason. Why might that be? Putin just stopped being dangerous all of the sudden? He's a kitten now?

36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who said it was?

Yeah, I realize they didn't have her in a fucking sensory deprivation tank with Joe Rogan on DMT. She was in sensory and social isolation for two months according to her attorney, and given the fact that she was released on order after that attorney's filing, I have no reason to doubt it. Her "confession" is untrustworthy bullshit as it was apparently coerced via torture, which is something we supposedly don't do. (lol of course we do we're mass murderers)

I bet you're the only one here, on this board full of college educated professionals, who does. The rest of us are out here picking hayseeds out of our teeth.

Which is what her attorneys asked for in lieu of her being transferred to gen pop. Turns out, the prison just transferred her to gen pop instead of providing a reason. Why might that be? Putin just stopped being dangerous all of the sudden? He's a kitten now?

Why the hostility? I'm not even disagreeing with you big picture, I'm just saying I would need more than one fucking filing to get to wherever you are. You really are a headache of a poster. No grey at all, everything must be black or white. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Is the saddest defense ever of a National Security Advisor that "[t]he agents did not provide General Flynn with a warning of the penalties for making a false statement under 18 U.S.C. § 1001 before, during, or after the interview"?

I was not an officer while I was in, but my gut says that as Flynn moved through the upper ranks of officers, and on into the general ranks, that he talked to his fair share of FBI personnel, along with their military counterparts, as his security clearances and job responsibilities increased.  

Thats just my gut talking though.  Maybe when he took the Military Intelligence Officer Basic and  Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Courses, maybe the instructor skipped certain areas, or maybe Flynn was absent on those days when they discussed contacts with furreneers.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah. you'd think that a guy savvy enough to make general would know that you don't fucking lie to the fbi.

i mean, that's fairly common knowledge.

You'd think a general would also know better than to act as a covert agent for a foreign government, but here we are. 

• Like 2

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I was not an officer while I was in, but my gut says that as Flynn moved through the upper ranks of officers, and on into the general ranks, that he talked to his fair share of FBI personnel, along with their military counterparts, as his security clearances and job responsibilities increased.  

Thats just my gut talking though.  Maybe when he took the Military Intelligence Officer Basic and  Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Courses, maybe the instructor skipped certain areas, or maybe Flynn was absent on those days when they discussed contacts with furreneers.

As somebody noted way upthread or maybe on another one here, it really is like that "are you a cop? you have to tell me if you're a cop" defense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I apologize for any contribution I made to sidetracking this thread by responding to Fozz.

I've started a Butina Treatment and Case Thread to atone.

While that's the best course, there really does need to be a forest-level discussion regarding Republicans and Russians that would overlap the two threads.  Its a shame that all it takes is one troll to squelch it.

Special counsel Robert Mueller appeared to be locked in a subpoena battle with a recalcitrant witness Friday in a sealed federal appeals courtroom, the latest development in a mystery case that has piqued the curiosity of Mueller-obsessives and scoop-hungry journalists.

Oral arguments in the highly secretive fight played out behind closed doors under tight security. Officials at the U.S. Courthouse in Washington, D.C. even took the extraordinary measure of shutting down to the public the entire fifth floor, where the hearing was taking place.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/mystery-mueller-subpoena-fight-1065409

23 minutes ago, Chooky said:

What does the constitution mention about Mike Pence having to not think about penises while under oath?  Has a precedent ever been set about the basic right to not have to think about penises?

welp, there's another discovery for why a Pence motorcade was parked on that block.  That it's a block away from Mueller's office is coincidental.

Spoiler

sub-buzz-17403-1502444352-5.jpg?downsize

Perfect spot for a sack lunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

How many months are we away from Trump complaining about the witch hunt, to complaining about the unfair plea bargain he has been offered?  2, 4, 6 months ??

He won’t be offered a plea deal. There’s already enough to indict him the second he leaves office on the campaign finance felonies. There’s so much more to come 

you know Trumpets, if he were fucking a super genius like Lex Luther I might be cool with an evil, megalomaniac leader too cuz shit- at least he's on our side...

But jfc this guy couldn't find his dick with both hands and everyone who ever had any direct dealings with him said so in 2016. You got taken for chumps. It happens. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SKJ said:

This article kinda killed my Justice boner.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/15/676765398/the-russia-investigations-a-case-still-unproven

Of course it's not Fox news, so I don't see how our swams could believe it

I'm surprised at how bad that article is, coming from npr.  Philip Ewing?  what a fail.

"From what is visible today, however, the case is still Swiss cheese. Unless that changes in a big way, the hottest political story in a generation may lose its place in center stage.

The continued slide of the core Russia "collusion" story, if that is what indeed happens, is politically relevant to the other investigations and potential problems confronting the president.

Because the hush money payments and the potential international contributions to the inauguration campaign aren't about Russia, it provides a talking point to the White House:

The "deep state" couldn't make Russia stick, Trump argues, and so its conspirators have gone on an expedition for other mud to sling. That, he hopes, will mean that none of it sticks."

That bolded part above ?  Wow.

I think the Russians largely acted alone on the election meddling and fake news stuff and have from the beginning. They knew who they wanted and why and acted accordingly. My big problem with Republicans is their refusal to care bc it helped their guy.

But organized crime independent of politics, campaign finance violations, shady business for political favors in foreign policy, and emoluments is a no brainer. And all of that is enough for impeachment and conviction and for him to rot in jail for a long time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I'm surprised at how bad that article is, coming from npr.  Philip Ewing?  what a fail.

"From what is visible today, however, the case is still Swiss cheese. Unless that changes in a big way, the hottest political story in a generation may lose its place in center stage.

The continued slide of the core Russia "collusion" story, if that is what indeed happens, is politically relevant to the other investigations and potential problems confronting the president.

Because the hush money payments and the potential international contributions to the inauguration campaign aren't about Russia, it provides a talking point to the White House:

The "deep state" couldn't make Russia stick, Trump argues, and so its conspirators have gone on an expedition for other mud to sling. That, he hopes, will mean that none of it sticks."

Also, the fact that he just breezes over the Trump Tower meeting like is was no big deal is telling. 

The Trump Tower meeting is going to wind up being one of the keys to any Russian collusion angle.

I really don't care if they find the missing pieces.  I mean, I hope they do, to get the Swams and  mouth breathers reading the indictments.   What am I saying...they won't care what proof is provided.  They already say that they'd rather be Russian than liberal.  

I have said from the beginning, a Trump kid or kids will be indicted for their illegal money laundering or tax cheating.   When that kid is indicted, then Trump is incapable of not heavy handed obstruction.   It is game over.  And the Trump supporters can whine for the rest of their stupid lives about the Deep State taking him down.  Because no matter the proof, they will anyway.

• Like 3

This is a really good thread simplifying important aspects of conspiracy related to Butina:

Pay special attention to tweets 9/ through 12/ : 

9/ Butina sent the proposal to the Russian official (Torshin) and asked for $125,000 from a Russian billionaire to attend NRA conferences as well as "separate meetings with interested parties," including the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

10/ She then traveled to the U.S. in April 2015 to attend a NRA convention. and was introduced to "influential members" of the Republican Party, including Donald Trump. (As @washpost recently noted, she was later able to directly ask Trump a question.)

11/ (The question was about sanctions imposed on Russia after its 2014 invasion of Crimea, and Trump gave an answer--"I don’t think you’d need the sanctions"--the Russian government would have favored.)

12/ Butina and federal prosecutors noted that part of the conspiracy was also inviting NRA leaders to Moscow in December 2015, and using Torshin to set up meetings with high-ranking Russian politicians because doing so would advance Russian interests.

That Butina was involved in a conspiracy and pleaded guilty to it is established fact.  How far the conspiracy reaches remains to be seen.  There is already evidence that some money was being funneled from Russian oligarchs to Butina, how it was used we don't yet know.  We also now have evidence Trump met Butina in 2015, and directed a question and answer to her afterwards specifically targeting lifting sanctions.  Again, here it is in plain sight: further evidence Trump was playing ball (ie conspiring) with Russians both in the timing and signaling of a willingness to cooperate in a quid pro quo fashion on a major matter of Russia's concern.  This is now a matter around which Trump and Butina personally danced to the public.  

Bear in mind, reporting is that Butina is being transferred (secretly for her safety) to possibly EDVA at Alexendria, the DC Courthouse/DC US Atty, and possibly to testify to a Grand Jury as part of her cooperation.  If there is GJ testimony in DC, it could be for any number of reasons, but it could also be directly related to NRA, GOP, and Trump 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

shame on npr.  this kind of shit is going to cost them.

edit:  this kind of reporting is like watching a football game and every time we gain 7 or 8 yards on a play one of the announcers keeps saying:  see, see, i told you.  they still haven't won the game.  they didn't even get a first down.

Edited by yaqdum
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 4:29 PM, Chad Fuck said:

Uh, check yourself Junior.  Nobody needs to be murdered.  

I beg to differ. I know I took a couple day ban for that one but it's the truth. When the people who are most corrupt are the ones tasked with creating/enforcing the rule of law then bloody revolution is the only way to effect positive change. I didn't want to believe we were there yet but it's become blatantly evident the USA is past that line. We got there once in the 1800s and had a civil war and we're there again now.