The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

DOJ would have to ignore their own guidelines.  It isn't law, but it would be weird.

Those guidelines are based on opinion memos and those opinion memos didn’t factor in a case like Trump where he obtained his office through fraudulent criminal activity.

“It’s only treason if we lose and get caught” should not be a viable campaign strategy in this country. 

24 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

So at what point does the “you can’t indict a sitting president” talk go out the window?

Trump believes it. And likely that it means while in a seated position. Its probably  why he spends 2 hours each morning tweeting from the shitter, takes a motorcade for 200 yard trips and drives his golf cart on the green.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

how does one pronounce that name?  is it boo-teen-uh or button-uh or boot-in-uh or what?

It is the first one, or at least based on the Russian spelling that is how I would say it, although it could also be #3. 

Edited by Dahobbs

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It is the first one, or at least based on the Russian spelling that is how I would say it, although it could also be #3. 

Slightly off topic, but I like how the French pronounce Putin as "poutine," which is often used as a joke. It'd be better though if they pronounced it like "putain," which also works according to normal French pronunciation rules.

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah I'm sure it was all very above board though.

Seriously, if you can look at just that photo and conclude that nothing is going on then your brain is fucking broken and you don't know how to live in the world.

It is from CNN and CNN is Fake News and The Enemy of the People!!!! QED. 

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

So at what point does the “you can’t indict a sitting president” talk go out the window?

Schiff doesn't think we are there yet, opining that he's in trouble once he's out of office.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/09/trump-jail-time-schiff-warns-1054014

"My takeaway is there's a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," Schiff, a former prosecutor and the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said on "Face the Nation" on CBS.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah I'm sure it was all very above board though.

Seriously, if you can look at just that photo and conclude that nothing is going on then your brain is fucking broken and you don't know how to live in the world.

Have you met a trump supporter?

I've gotta disagree with Schiff on this.  Election fraud has a five year statute of limitations.  If Dotard wins re-election, the statute would expire before he left office.  Being president cannot possibly provide a blanket immunity from crimes, even if that immunity would expire in 2 years.  If Congress does nothing about criminal activity, then dotus should be indicted.  Otherwise the entire precept of no one being above the law is utter bullshit.