the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The fucking moron was arguing against a motion to dismiss in federal court...and he had NO IDEA what the standard of review was. That’s the stone cold opposite of “brilliant.” It’s the textbook definition of “unprepared and incompetent.”

He had no idea what a standard of review was. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

If Wayne County doesn't certify then it goes to the Michigan Secretary of State's office where the State Board of Canvassers will finish the job - at Wayne County's expense. 

never has "fuck around and find out"  been more appropriate

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The fucking moron was arguing against a motion to dismiss in federal court...and he had NO IDEA what the standard of review was. That’s the stone cold opposite of “brilliant.” It’s the textbook definition of “unprepared and incompetent.”

I don't know what that is, either.

On the other hand... I'm not a lawyer and not pretending to be a lawyer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

the 90 minute victory lap was just glorious.

this really is unfolding in an entertaining way.

It really is. It's all the Trump lawyers coming out of the clown car to randomly sue ... whatever. Just pure entertainment, at this point.

You can see why Trump's Nielsen ratings were so high.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Edit:  This fucking cunt really grinds my gears.   And, as I've posted before, I am quite friendly with her family, and they are Trumpkins, but absolutely terrific people. Mofos heard that I had COVID, and sent me a lovely care package, including a very nice bottle of wine.   I dread the day that I meet her, because it's gonna be really tough to remain polite. 

i'd hate-fuck her

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It really is. It's all the Trump lawyers coming out of the clown car to randomly sue ... whatever. Just pure entertainment, at this point.

i'd hate-fuck her

Was she hired by Ailes to work on Huckaby?

image.thumb.png.1e777c0d2edb8931416677a280fb2511.png

Prussian Blue genre. She has a better stylist today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m assuming that a GOP leader in the state legislature called these Wayne County dolts and pointed out they had just refused to certify thousands of votes from GOP suburb districts they need to hang on to the legislature. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Edit:  This fucking cunt really grinds my gears.   And, as I've posted before, I am quite friendly with her family, and they are Trumpkins, but absolutely terrific people. Mofos heard that I had COVID, and sent me a lovely care package, including a very nice bottle of wine.   I dread the day that I meet her, because it's gonna be really tough to remain polite. 

I could not tolerate a constant liar as even a passing acquaintance. Her family puts you in a tough spot. I suppose in the same room I would be cordial and no more. Such a weird time to be an American.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

This is by far the most entertaining part of the simulation. Like when the computer in War Games couldn’t win Tic Tac Toe. But instead of a computer it’s a bunch of morons.

the only winning move is not to play you're out of moves because it's over just take the loss, pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th_and_18 said:

a0ac73d94134c49d548cb9a77e859150.jpg
I can’t believe this has to be said about anyone much less any sort of official...never defend the Nazis in any way.

"A friend of mine lost her grandparents in the Holocaust."

"Well, you know, as genocides go, the Nazis were far from the worst."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Also, does he think Mao Zedong was anything but a Communist?

Is he referring to Stalin or Soviets?

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m assuming that a GOP leader in the state legislature called these Wayne County dolts and pointed out they had just refused to certify thousands of votes from GOP suburb districts they need to hang on to the legislature. 

i do wonder what it was that triggered the switch.  maga in general is about puffing up one's chest about the bad ass thing you are going to do.  then someone actually tries to do the thing and they realize they're just a bit out of their depth and immediately retreat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

there's a great little scene in an early episode of "the mindy project" where she's dating anders holm (workaholics) and he's trying to get her to exercise, and he's being strict, and she calls him a workout nazi (or something).  and he's like, "i hate when people say that, maybe i'm just being passionate about something", to which she responds, "i like you, but i feel like you defend nazis too much."  

i'm too lazy to find the whole scene, but the first 2-3 seasons of that show were hilarious.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/39d31035-4192-408f-973a-37d284ed3968

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

The whole idea of large scale voter fraud is hilarious. I’ve actually run a polling location. In my experience both in the field and the election office was one of mutual respect with repubs to get the damn thing right. There isn’t time or inclination to do anything but try and get the work done. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WBT said:

I keep seeing 1-X, with X gradually increasing.  What is the 1?  Is it the thing about the PA supreme court extending the deadline to receive mail in ballots?  I'd call that more of a draw due to irrelevance than a win.

The 1 win was a PA court ruling that the SoS didn’t have the authority to extend a deadline for first time voters that were voting by mail that didn’t provide appropriate identification to provide that identification. I’m not sure what the circumstances would be for that because, at least in Allegheny County requesting a mail in ballot online, you had to provide either your ssn or driver’s license number to submit the application.

But apparently there was some scenario where a first time voter could request a mail in ballot and then have until 6 days after the election to provide the appropriate identification for their vote to count. The SoS extended that deadline to 9 days. The court ruled she didn’t have the authority to do that. 

Whatever this small number of ballots were that fell in that extra 3 day window won’t be allowed to count. But they were never counted in the first place. They were segregated and waiting for the appropriate identification when the lawsuit was filed. So Biden will miss out on some tiny number of ballots that would have marginally stretched his lead. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

i'd hate-fuck her

Hopefully all of the grifting allows her to afford at least an upgrade to a B cup.