the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

33 minutes ago, The Dog said:

If Wayne County doesn't certify then it goes to the Michigan Secretary of State's office where the State Board of Canvassers will finish the job - at Wayne County's expense. 

Correctamundo.

Sec. 822.

(1) The board of county canvassers shall then proceed without delay to canvass the returns of votes cast for all candidates for offices voted for and all questions voted on at the election, according to the precinct returns filed with the probate judge or presiding probate judge by the several city and township clerks, or in case of local elections according to the precinct returns filed with the county clerk, and must conclude the canvass at the earliest possible time and in every case no later than the fourteenth day after the election.
  (2) If the board of county canvassers fails to certify the results of any election for any officer or proposition by the fourteenth day after the election as provided, the board of county canvassers shall immediately deliver to the secretary of the board of state canvassers all records and other information pertaining to the election. The board of state canvassers shall meet immediately and make the necessary determinations and certify the results within the 10 days immediately following the receipt of the records from the board of county canvassers. The cost of the canvass must be borne by the county involved.

And to your other post, it appears that their certification is due today.  The SOS has until the 27th.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This one worries me more than the  others.

ANybody want to tell me to chill?

Chill

it’s a pointless political statement that won’t stop anything from getting certified. The only thing that can stop the certification process is a court order, and that ain’t happening 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Also, with respect to allegedly "out of balance" precincts within Wayne County, which is the R basis for objection:

In any statement prepared under section 824, the board of county canvassers shall disclose the number of out-of-balance precincts that were not reconciled during the county canvass process.

That's it.

54 minutes ago, Foosters said:

No, I think a T3 in California. Before I arrived at that branch, a colleague took me to lunch with the express purpose of warning me about her. Called her the worst attorney he's ever seen in his 3 decades of practice. Told me to watch out bc she'd throw you under the bus too. I assumed he was exaggerating. Nope. 

I would think a terrible defense lawyer would just be churning out plea deals. This chick went to trial?

• Hook 'Em 1

Wesleyan grads are OK.  Going in with the understanding that in a lot of cases they didn't have the grades to go to schools with better reps.  In other cases, students older than average doing the "night school" type of thing.  I'd say pretty comparable to South Texas, but with the stink of aggy.

So they may not be gifted academic law dogs, but they all know what case law is and how to find it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Chill
it’s a pointless political statement that won’t stop anything from getting certified. The only thing that can stop the certification process is a court order, and that ain’t happening 

Not sure it’s pointless - the state board is also 2/2 and if they are deadlocked then it goes to the state legislature who then chooses electors. This was a huge win for Trump.

Wow, I think I am more angry about this Wayne County thing than anything else so far. I’m a little involved in local officialdom and the idea of appointees at the local level doing something like this is absolutely infuriating.

To quote the heroic Texan Randy Taylor “somebody needs their ass kicked.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Dog said:

"What underpins a scenario of a deadlock is that the board’s duties are ministerial — meaning that their responsibility to certify election results must be performed according to established legal procedure and without exercising individual discretion.

“If the votes are there, and they’ve been certified by the counties … this board has no choice but to certify,” Brewer said.

This means that any refusal to carry out the board’s ministerial acts would have to be remedied by the courts — perhaps the Michigan Supreme Court."

I was about to post this as my thought, that certification is ministrial and non-discretionary so long as the requirements are met (all votes are in and counted). They don't have discretion to "root out" any sort of "fraud." They just make sure that all votes are there and then they certify. If they fail to do so, the courts can order certification by mandamus. It's infuriating, but there's just no real way it holds up. The Michigan Supreme Court would have to be wholly corrupt and I just don't see it happening.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hahaha.  He didn't visibly shit himself="brilliant"

The fucking moron was arguing against a motion to dismiss in federal court...and he had NO IDEA what the standard of review was. That’s the stone cold opposite of “brilliant.” It’s the textbook definition of “unprepared and incompetent.”
  • Hook 'Em 3

Edit:  This fucking cunt really grinds my gears.   And, as I've posted before, I am quite friendly with her family, and they are Trumpkins, but absolutely terrific people. Mofos heard that I had COVID, and sent me a lovely care package, including a very nice bottle of wine.   I dread the day that I meet her, because it's gonna be really tough to remain polite. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 6

Edit:  This fucking cunt really grinds my gears.   And, as I've posted before, I am quite friendly with her family, and they are Trumpkins, but absolutely terrific people. Mofos heard that I had COVID, and sent me a lovely care package, including a very nice bottle of wine.   I dread the day that I meet her, because it's gonna be really tough to remain polite. 
Siap, but you talking about Kayleigh? Outstanding.

38 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Same (she grinds my gears).  But you can see that many of those are handwritten and the vast majority of them are absolute gibberish, jailhouse level shit.

I have practiced law in Texas for 29 years, and I have never heard of Sidney Powell until she showed up in the Flynn case.

She seems to have brain worms, though.

Jenna Ellis is an abject moron.  As far as I can tell, she doesn't open her mouth without spewing some form of stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The fucking moron was arguing against a motion to dismiss in federal court...and he had NO IDEA what the standard of review was. That’s the stone cold opposite of “brilliant.” It’s the textbook definition of “unprepared and incompetent.”

4b7d0affbb1321c70a664e0d215083de.jpg

You look like a Hunter.....Hunter Biden has a laptop. Res Ipsa Fuckquitur, Trump won the election because this black fowl ( “foul”...ya get it?) had the AUDACITY to vote!
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Some of this shit feels like performance art. I just don't get the blind devotion. 

I'm seriously wondering if I'm the target of a simulation. Hannity calling Giulliani's arguments "brilliant" after what was reported in real time is mind blowing. I just don't understand the world. I'm being tested somehow. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

peter griffin family GIF