the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Hahaha.  He didn't visibly shit himself="brilliant"

This is a prime example of the irrational disconnect from the right.  No one sensible could listen to that yesterday or read all the reports and say he was brilliant or even adequate.  He was a complete shit show.

10 minutes ago, DigDug said:

This is a prime example of the irrational disconnect from the right.  No one sensible could listen to that yesterday or read all the reports and say he was brilliant or even adequate.  He was a complete shit show.

Fox viewers aren’t actually following the court proceedings. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Well, it is a demonstration that a lot of people do not get facts from the source. Few if any Trumpers listened to the argument or any real-time reportage. 

They get it through the low-pass filter of whatever deranged right-wing opinionfact outlet they favor.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it is a demonstration that a lot of people do not get facts from the source. Few if any Trumpers listened to the argument or any real-time reportage. 

They get it through the low-pass filter of whatever deranged right-wing opinionfact outlet they favor.

Which is very sad, because we live in an era where you can almost always get a primary reference.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Which is very sad, because we live in an era where you can almost always get a primary reference.

True enough these days.  Probably goes some way to explaining why the olds are seduced by Trumpism.

First, they still consume TV news in great quantity.  Second, they aren't good at sifting through internet BS.  And I guess third, or a corollary of second, they can't find primary references on the internet.

Also worth noting:  in trying to find some primary references (court documents, etc.) relating to "vote fraud," gotalmighty you get a complete smorgasbord of goofy, right-wing sites repeating whatever orthodox nonsense Tucker, or McInane or whomever is spouting.  I can just look at the URL and tell that it's BS.

31 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

That's a tell.

Wtf does this mean?  I’m holding pocket aces?  Lolz.

Yes I took a very soft shot at King Obama, the untouchable.He didn’t give anyone anything, cellphones or otherwise.  We the citizens did. 

Edited by slorch

Some Obamaphone info:

https://govtbenefits.org/obama-phones-free/

In 1985, the FCC created the Lifeline Assistance program to offer low income Americans the ability to retain their landline service at a more affordable rate. The program was designed to allow lower income Americans the ability to connect with employers, medical professionals, and family members in the event that phone service had become a luxury that was unaffordable.

Since the popularity of the modernized version of the Lifeline Assistance program exploded during the Obama administration, the phones became known as "Obama phones." An Obama phone is simply a basic wireless device that allows you to make and receive calls or text messages.

In the event that you wish to receive an upgraded cell phone, you may be charged an additional fee of between $45 and $75 by the service provider, but contracts and services fees otherwise will not apply.

As a result of your participation in the Obama phone program, you will likely receive a basic cell phone with a predetermined amount of airtime minutes. This is typically between 350 to 500 free minutes for your use each month. If you wish to purchase additional airtime minutes for use with your free Obama phone, you may pay the provider an additional cost. Costs associated with additional airtime minutes are designated by the provider, so it is best to reach out to them directly to know your options.

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This is something I find very depressing. The wonders of the internet should make mis/disinformation harder to propagate, but people are so lazy and stupid that it's had the opposite effect. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough these days.  Probably goes some way to explaining why the olds are seduced by Trumpism.

First, they still consume TV news in great quantity.  Second, they aren't good at sifting through internet BS.  And I guess third, or a corollary of second, they can't find primary references on the internet.

Also worth noting:  in trying to find some primary references (court documents, etc.) relating to "vote fraud," gotalmighty you get a complete smorgasbord of goofy, right-wing sites repeating whatever orthodox nonsense Tucker, or McInane or whomever is spouting.  I can just look at the URL and tell that it's BS.

And they say generally the same things about us and the MSM. I don't see how these dual realities will merge again anytime soon. And that's a big problem. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i do wonder what it was that triggered the switch.  maga in general is about puffing up one's chest about the bad ass thing you are going to do.  then someone actually tries to do the thing and they realize they're just a bit out of their depth and immediately retreat.

Astute and concise. The leaders retreat, the followers carry on with the momentum of the misinformed which also eventually peters out.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Wtf does this mean?  I’m holding pocket aces?  Lolz.

Yes I took a very soft shot at King Obama, the untouchable.He didn’t give anyone anything, cellphones or otherwise.  We the citizens did. 

Notice I said nothing about Obama in my response. That's your eternal internal boogeyman.  My comment was in reaction to your choice of language.  It's a tell that you use Amos n' Andy patois. There are those understand how some play the game and notice the tell. There are those that blow whistles all day and and then claim innocence because they didn't hear a thing.  Your track record makes it clear it's a tell, intentional or not.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i have a real problem with people who can't proof a fucking tweet.  nobody is that busy or important.  fix your shit.

What's the problem with it?

Were is subjunctive, if I'm not mistaken, and correct. Maybe a forgotten comma? Truly interested as I could be making the same error you see.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What's the problem with it?

Were is subjunctive, if I'm not mistaken, and correct. Maybe a forgotten comma? Truly interested as I could be making the same error you see.

i just assumed he meant to say "in retrospect".  but i was also drinking barrel strength last night and was salty for unrelated reasons.

i see it all the time though - someone will tweet something somewhat important or powerful, in some cases a mic drop type of moment, but a typo kinda wrecks the message.  it's like butchering the punchline of a really good joke.  it's still funny, but, well, you know.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i just assumed he meant to say "in retrospect".  but i was also drinking barrel strength last night and was salty for unrelated reasons.

i see it all the time though - someone will tweet something somewhat important or powerful, in some cases a mic drop type of moment, but a typo kinda wrecks the message.  it's like butchering the punchline of a really good joke.  it's still funny, but, well, you know.

I missed the error. Amusingly, that is one of the more common edits I make when I proof a post here after publishing. My fingers think they know better that my brain.

28 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

And they say generally the same things about us and the MSM. I don't see how these dual realities will merge again anytime soon. And that's a big problem. 

Except many "libtard msm" sources.....such as the Economist, NYT, etc.....actually refer to primary source documents and evidence meticulously, with actual fact-checking.  No, none of them are perfect.  But they actually do that.  For fuck's sake, the "msm" actually quotes the president's own words -- the sycophant sources write about what they think/want him to have meant.  That's a big fucking difference between the random-ass sites these fuckers call "sources."  Like, an ocean of fucking difference.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

EnHU9QkUUAIoY41?format=jpg&name=large

And, again, another flat-out lie.  Not an arguable, questionable statement of opinion -- a completely false statement of fact, ADMITTED TO BY HIS OWN FUCKING LAWYERS.  The fucking relentless lying, enabled and allowed by his sycophantic knob-slobbering party.

• Hook 'Em 3

Twitter needs to change disputed to false when he is clearly lying.  Like the tweet about how more people in Detroit voted than there are registered voters.  That's easily proven to be a lie.  Don't let it have even a shred of credibility. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

And, again, another flat-out lie.  Not an arguable, questionable statement of opinion -- a completely false statement of fact, ADMITTED TO BY HIS OWN FUCKING LAWYERS.  The fucking relentless lying, enabled and allowed by his sycophantic knob-slobbering party.

no, brisket, it's disputed , twitter out front told ya so

At this point it’s just shouting fire in a crowded theater. There’s a reason they have their terms of service policies and this bullshit about treating the president different renders those policies completely meaningless. He should be held to a higher standard, not lower. 

Edited by JimmyJames

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Twitter needs to change disputed to false when he is clearly lying.  Like the tweet about how more people in Detroit voted than there are registered voters.  That's easily proven to be a lie.  Don't let it have even a shred of credibility. 

this twitter disclaimer has become so ubiquitous in the Dotard's tweets, that it had been rendered useless/ineffective.(which is a very Trumpian thing)

at this point it is basically a logo on his tweets.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

this twitter disclaimer has become so ubiquitous that it had been rendered useless/ineffective for Dotard's tweets.

It's become a meme on Twitter at this point.  So yes, it is wholly useless and ineffective. 

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

this twitter disclaimer has become so ubiquitous that it had been rendered useless/ineffective for Dotard's tweets.

except it's not useless or ineffective.  flagging the tweet keeps it from being retweeted (and maybe even commented on, liked, etc, i'm not sure), which keeps the misinformation from spreading and cements his status as the angry lone nut.  honestly it's more than i thought they would do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

this twitter disclaimer has become so ubiquitous in the Dotard's tweets, that it had been rendered useless/ineffective.

Oh, the MAGATs actually use it as a point of pride -- to them, it illustrates how "the deep state" is against Trump and them, so that means that Trump is doing well.

Twitter needs to simply delete false statements of fact.  There's not a "debate" or "dispute" that 10 is greater than 5.  It's a motherfucking immutable fact.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There’s having a philosophical framework that colors how you see the world: a libertarian seeing the national parks as governmental overreach. People see the world differently and will interpret events differently.

There’s spin, which many cynical politicians do, but still is grounded in facts. Fox News lives here.

Then there’s whatever it is that the Trump movement does, where we witness a conjured reality that has no basis in objective reality.

This will be the truly destructive legacy of his movement.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

except it's not useless or ineffective.  flagging the tweet keeps it from being retweeted (and maybe even commented on, liked, etc, i'm not sure), which keeps the misinformation from spreading and cements his status as the angry lone nut.  honestly it's more than i thought they would do.

Pin on Books and Whatnots To Read & Share

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a motherfucking immutable fact.

if we politicize public health, masks, and voting, then why wouldn't we politicize facts?

remember when trump said he wasn't part of the swamp and didn't ever do things for political reasons?  the right really is getting better at comedy. 

12 minutes ago, Mole said:

There’s having a philosophical framework that colors how you see the world: a libertarian seeing the national parks as governmental overreach. People see the world differently and will interpret events differently.

There’s spin, which many cynical politicians do, but still is grounded in facts. Fox News lives here.

Then there’s whatever it is that the Trump movement does, where we witness a conjured reality that has no basis in objective reality.

This will be the truly destructive legacy of his movement.

Indeed.  My kingdom for a country in which we debated whether or not funding national parks is a good idea, etc.....as opposed to dealing with people who argue that national parks are an integral part of the deep state's plan to provide underground havens for the Lizard People who run a child trafficking scheme and have distilleries for drinkable child-blood in their lairs.

We used to have arguments about POLICY, now we have arguments about REALITY.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1