the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rudy isn’t spinning these conspiracy theories out of thin air. 

These are the narratives that have been swimming in right wing message boards for years and now Rudy is giving them perceived legitimacy.  

It is beyond dangerous.

Bolded for emphasis.  They are functionally giving "activation" orders to fucking insane people who believe this shit, and will kill for it.  This is terrorism, happening in real-time, in our own country.  When it happens, Rudy should be charged for inciting murder.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These are the narratives that have been swimming in right wing message boards for years and now Rudy is giving them perceived legitimacy.  

It is beyond dangerous.

Yep.  At best, Rudy and his henchmen are doing this to run more clock so Trump and company can squeeze some more money out of the rubes.  The problem is this throws buckets of gasoline on a fire, and we know that base has plenty of crazies with guns and shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dems should challenge the election results in TX, FL, OH and NC just for the hell of it.

No because it gives credence to election fraud, which only justifies Trump's narrative.  Anything that invalidates the election or delays the results, works in Trump's favor.  Everything works in the favor of someone allowed to control the message.  The only thing that doesn't, are the votes.  

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It is beyond dangerous.

We've carried out drone strikes for similar behavior in other countries.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bolded for emphasis.  They are functionally giving "activation" orders to fucking insane people who believe this shit, and will kill for it.  This is terrorism, happening in real-time, in our own country.  When it happens, Rudy should be charged for inciting murder.

LOlz.

So now somewhat peaceful protests are wrong?  They were all the rage this summer...

and no I don't support the shenanigans by TRump and Company.  The range of what's acceptable and not is wild AF with you people though.

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It is beyond dangerous.

You know how I know the country is fucked?  We're still using the phrase "perceived legitimacy" in conjunction with Rudy at the end of the 2020.  Dude should have been in a padded room a year ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, slorch said:

LOlz.

So now somewhat peaceful protests are wrong?  They were all the rage this summer...

I have no problem with peaceful protests -- there were plenty of Trumpers marching here in Austin last week.  I think they're idiots, but I don't have a problem with them.

I have a problem with this, which is the end-game of what Rudy and team are inciting:

6115020_041920-cc-ap-okla-city-bombing-2

On one hand I think you're overblowing it.  On the other, I sincerely hope that never happens again.

I was speaking much more to the kind of demonstrations where people go looking for trouble...and find it.  But not true terrorism like OKC tragedy.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOlz.

and no I don't support the shenanigans by TRump and Company.  The range of what's acceptable and not is wild AF with you people though.

https://www.binnews.com/content/2020-10-13-proud-boys-members-warns-of-a-civil-war-if-donald-trump-is-not-re-elected/

"We're like the Marines, we're the first to come in," he said.

"If Trump doesn't get re-elected, there's going to be a riot. If he doesn't get elected, this is when you're going to see a civil war."

As the clip progresses, the Proud Boys member ends by making a final call to action for his fellow Proud Boys.

"My recommendations to anyone stock up on ammo, get your guns," the Trump supporter states.

No one has complained about peaceful protests.  In fact, I dont think anyone mentioned protests.  The concern is armed right wing terrorists are being fed that the election was rigged or stolen and that they will take it as a call to arms.  

On one hand I think you're overblowing it.  On the other, I sincerely hope that never happens again.

I was speaking much more to the kind of demonstrations where people go looking for trouble...and find it.  But not true terrorism like OKC tragedy.

On the one hand, I hope I AM overblowing it.  But on the other hand, there is no question that the risk of such an event is moving up with every insane rant team Trump is releasing, every day.  Hope for the best, but goddamn, there's reason to fear the worst.

It’s 100% dangerous and charges should be filed.  It’s also a 0% chance this leads to the masses rising up.  An isolated incident or two is likely imo.  And as Brisket noted, Trump is a textbook malignant narcissist - he personally will never stop.  Even if a few million lives are lost.  His sycophants don’t have the stomach for that.  

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOlz.

It's like you can't fucking read...

They are functionally giving "activation" orders to fucking insane people who believe this shit, and will kill for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have no problem with peaceful protests -- there were plenty of Trumpers marching here in Austin last week.  I think they're idiots, but I don't have a problem with them.

I have a problem with this, which is the end-game of what Rudy and team are inciting:

6115020_041920-cc-ap-okla-city-bombing-2

Trump and Co. are riling up so many people, we will have to hope that the violence is limited to a few mass shootings and not someone blowing up a building. 

I was speaking much more to the kind of demonstrations where people go looking for trouble...and find it.

While Brisket is channeling my darkest fears, and perhaps your own, too, my question is: what do you make of the center? Is it holding? Why are so few Rs holding the center intact? Defined as the peaceful transfer of power when election results are made clear. Do you believe there remains enough uncertainty to justify this ongoing refusal to coalesce around the winner?

Absent the gravity that a center implies, predicting disaster is as probable as any speculation.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

While Brisket is channeling my darkest fears, and perhaps your own, too, my question is: what do you make of the center? Is it holding? Why are so few Rs holding the center intact? Defined as the peaceful transfer of power when election results are made clear. Do you believe there remains enough uncertainty to justify this ongoing refusal to coalesce around the winner?

Absent the gravity that a center implies, predicting disaster is as probable as any speculation.

widening gyre, the center cannot hold, etc.

Fucking Yeats, man.

• Hook 'Em 2

There are no Republicans in the center. They're fully on board with undermining the legitimacy of our democracy and it will get worse, not better, after Biden is sworn in.

• Rage+1 1

Hell, nah, man.

The falcon cannot hear the falconer.

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

What I am seeing over at Texags has me completely baffled, and somewhat frightened.  How pervasive is the mentality those people have?  I know of NO ONE personally that believes there is any real validity to Trump's claims.  And that includes some pretty far right leaning people I know, mostly in the OC.  But it seems to be almost universally accepted over there that widespread fraud occurred, that it was the difference between Trump winning and losing, and that if somehow Biden hangs on, it will be the end of society as we know it.

I liked this little gem from one of their resident law-talkin' guys:

You are a clown and will be proven wrong. I am a litigator. I am not an ambulance chaser. I litigate real controversies.

Today's presser has me convinced that they have everything. Not a scintilla, everything.

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

What I am seeing over at Texags has me completely baffled, and somewhat frightened.  How pervasive is the mentality those people have?  I know of NO ONE personally that believes there is any real validity to Trump's claims.  And that includes some pretty far right leaning people I know, mostly in the OC.  But it seems to be almost universally accepted over there that widespread fraud occurred, that it was the difference between Trump winning and losing, and that if somehow Biden hangs on, it will be the end of society as we know it.

You are a clown and will be proven wrong. I am a litigator. I am not an ambulance chaser. I litigate real controversies.

Today's presser has me convinced that they have everything. Not a scintilla, everything.

My favorite on Texags is that Biden should concede because he's lost the election. 

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

You know what would convince a REAL litigator that "they have everything?"  Evidence.  Submitted to a court.  That's the only "everything" that matters.  Courts have a uniform rule: don't tell me what you have.  SHOW ME.

So....Trumpkins.....IDGAF about your pressers, or your posts.  Blah blah, talk talk talk.  SHOW ME.

What?  Given opportunity after opportunity, you haven't shown SHIT in court?  Huh.  Being a litigator, I'd think that fact would have some relevance.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Pinche Abogado has a username that definitely checks out.  Emphasis on pinche.

There is, however, an unusual quantity of dissent and rationality on that thread. https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3158450/17

57 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yep.  At best, Rudy and his henchmen are doing this to run more clock so Trump and company can squeeze some more money out of the rubes.  The problem is this throws buckets of gasoline on a fire, and we know that base has plenty of crazies with guns and shit.  

I think that's part of the motivation for it. But the greater motivation is to undermine and deligitimize Biden's administration and democracy generally. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You know what would convince a REAL litigator that "they have everything?"  Evidence.  Submitted to a court.  That's the only "everything" that matters.  Courts have a uniform rule: don't tell me what you have.  SHOW ME.
So....Trumpkins.....IDGAF about your pressers, or your posts.  Blah blah, talk talk talk.  SHOW ME.
What?  Given opportunity after opportunity, you haven't shown SHIT in court?  Huh.  Being a litigator, I'd think that fact would have some relevance.

Do your own research!
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

My trumper parents are still taking a "wait and see what happens in court" approach. I had to inform them that Trump's already been poured out of court time after time. I guess Fox doesn't cover that. 

I'm sorry to say that, while what he was pushing is bullshit of the purest ray serene, he was pretty fucking smooth with his basic argument.
He even got the motion to dismiss "standard" (not standard of review) correct at the outset.  The normal one.  Calling it a standard of review and strict or normal scrutiny is kind of off, I'm not sure where that came from.
I heard the the entire thing live. He was smooth in delivering substance relating to counts deleted from the amended complaint and in delivering a sweeping conspiracy theory. Nearly every federal judge I have been before and I have watched (admittedly limited to patent cases) would have been firing off questions at Rudy within a minute or two of Rudy starting to speak. Judge Brann let every lawyer talk as long as they wanted during the MtD hearing...was not expecting that for a case so bad I think the defendants should get fees under Rule 11.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We've been telling you for years that almost everything associated with A&M is stupid. 

The problem is that most of America is stupid. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think we're going to see more of this now. The accusations that were thrown out today were absolutely insane. I think there are a lot of Rs in Washington who are ready to get off this ride after today, to be honest. Hannity, Carlson, and Dobbs will keep auditioning for another network on Fox News' dime, but we're already starting to see that Fox News has hit diminishing returns on the Trump factor.

It may be a foolish hope, but I really, really, really hope that today was the bottom. My amusement at this legal flailing has shifted to serious concern.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

apparently 70% of republicans think doTarD won the election. So pretty fucking pervasive.

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Update on dipshit Trumpkins I know - ‘this is really bad and he should end any fight.’   It took this today for several to admit they’ve jumped the shark.  Wow

That's been my experience. The Texags/Tigerdroppings people are the far far 1% right who are completely devoid of critical thought and take their marching orders from Trump's twitter feed. I grew up in South Texas and work in oil and gas. The vast majority of my childhood friends and word associates are Trump voters. A lot of them extremely passionate, the boat parade types if you will. None of them thinks Trump won. They all get what's going on, that he's flailing so he doesn't have to admit defeat. A lot of them think it's time for him to give up, while others think of it as a trolling attempt that they appreciate. None of them actually believe it. I know it's anecdotal, but my guess is the far right websites and Parlor bullshit is not representative of the average trump voter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I think we're going to see more of this now. The accusations that were thrown out today were absolutely insane. I think there are a lot of Rs in Washington who are ready to get off this ride after today, to be honest. Hannity, Carlson, and Dobbs will keep auditioning for another network on Fox News' dime, but we're already starting to see that Fox News has hit diminishing returns on the Trump factor.

It may be a foolish hope, but I really, really, really hope that today was the bottom. My amusement at this legal flailing has shifted to serious concern.

You SHOULD be concerned, because...

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

apparently 70% of republicans think doTarD won the election. So pretty fucking pervasive.

This is how you end up with violence.  When 70% of the opposition lives in a completely and insanely different reality, peaceful coexistence is all but impossible.

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

You know how I know the country is fucked?  We're still using the phrase "perceived legitimacy" in conjunction with Rudy at the end of the 2020.  Dude should have been in a padded room a year ago.

Watching Rudy’s speech and the hair dye running down the sides of his face, just convinced me even more how mentally insane he has become. They all have in his group. Were the accusations of voter fraud from Qanon? Alex Jones? Trump’s crazy imagination and made up lies? It was so bizarre. 

Edited by Brandywine

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We've been telling you for years that almost everything associated with A&M is stupid. 

The problem is that most of America is stupid. 

Well hell, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but what I'm seeing over there is like there are extra chromosomes being handed out like candy.