the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, qwertyu1234 said:

Wait, what is the one case Trump won?

36 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I believe it was the one in Pennsylvania on election night where he sued because poll watchers had to be 10 ft away from the workers, the court let them go to 6 ft., so the big win was 4 ft. for poll watchers. 

Now Trump claims their poll watchers weren't allowed to be there, so apparently his huge 4 ft. court victory was for people who were not even present. Which makes sense. 

32 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It was actually this one, tossing a small number of ballots of voters in PA who had not verified their identity before a deadline.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2020/11/12/trump-campaign-election-2020-presidential-pennsylvania-lawsuit-ballots-late-identification/stories/202011120132

Yeah the distance case got overturned I believe. The challenge of moving the countable mail in vote received by date from 11/6 to 11/9 if postmarked by 11/3 is the only thing they’ve won. And those votes were segregated and never counted anyway as they expected a legal challenge over them, so the victory did not affect the vote count in any way. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

God, I read the Biden Cabinet thread and this one back to back and between BT and company, and Brisket over here, I'm pretty sure the collective meltdown has dropped a couple more glaciers and moved the rising sea levels up another decade from their histrionics alone. 

If it helps, I'm about as chill as they get at the moment. None of this shit is new; the world survived the final days of Henry VIII, it can survive the final days of Chump I.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Gravy SEALs will fold when your local Barney Fifes step in.

If these people had the actual balls to act as a group, they would have done it before the certifications.

I’m more worried about local law enforcement going rogue than any militia nerds. That makes locals have to make a tougher choice on following along.  It’s easier to ignore gun nerds in cosplay gear.  Law enforcement backing it gives it an air of feasibility, and will amplify any resistance a lot more than seal team snacks.

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What is it about this guy that people will believe anything he says, even things that are easily disprovable?  I really don't get it.  

Again, read even two wiki paragraphs on how cults work, and it makes perfect sense.  What we are seeing in action is a cult in every sense of the word.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He would almost be happy if the Senate flipped, given that Mitch hasn't exactly been deep-throating him on TV, and that those filthy fucking Republicans dared pick Loeffler over Trump's preferred pick of Doug Collins.

This. They didn't give him 100% fealty and he is self programmed to rat fuck them in return for not doing so.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

God, I read the Biden Cabinet thread and this one back to back and between BT and company, and Brisket over here, I'm pretty sure the collective meltdown has dropped a couple more glaciers and moved the rising sea levels up another decade from their histrionics alone. 

Yeah, the peaceful transition of power is so overrated, and concern that the ongoing rhetoric will lead to violence is just nuts. Besides, when has good faith bi-partisan governance ever benefited our country?

55 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If it helps, I'm about as chill as they get at the moment. None of this shit is new; the world survived the final days of Henry VIII, it can survive the final days of Chump I.

Yeah, but within 10 years "Bloody Mary" was roasting Protestants. 

I don't think humanity is going to get snuffed out in the couple of years.  But, referencing history to brush off any fears of wide scale bloodshed seems a little silly.  The "world" survived; several of its inhabitants didn't. I thought we were past that shit, but I also thought we were past plagues. 

Edited by Tuco

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Why would anybody ever think either of those things? Makes no sense to me. We're damned dirty apes, is what we are. Why think we're ever going to be better than that?

Is there anything that Brisket saying that you think is out of the realm of possibility for us damned dirty apes?  Maybe I misunderstood your point. 

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Why would anybody ever think either of those things? Makes no sense to me. We're damned dirty apes, is what we are. Why think we're ever going to be better than that?

Yeah, my whole point is that we're MUCH more in line with being self-destructive dirty apes than the sunshine pumpers would like to admit.  We are still the species of Vlad the Impaler, Flanders Fields, and the Spanish Inquisition.  Our primary advancement is the ability to document our shitbaggery with smartphones, that's the main thing.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve been avoiding the Biden Cabinet thread like the plague because I figured it would just be a BT shitshow. Looks like I was right. 

Just now, Tuco said:

Is there anything that Brisket saying that you think is out of the realm of possibility for us damned dirty apes?  Maybe I misunderstood your point. 

I think it's likely that some sort of violence will happen, but that it won't be as significant or widespread as fear makes it sound.

I certainly don't think this is going to be as bad as the civil strife of the 1840s and 1850s.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah the distance case got overturned I believe. The challenge of moving the countable mail in vote received by date from 11/6 to 11/9 if postmarked by 11/3 is the only thing they’ve won. And those votes were segregated and never counted anyway as they expected a legal challenge over them, so the victory did not affect the vote count in any way. 

You are right about the distance one.

But the extended mail deadline is pending at the Supreme Court. 

I believe lemonlime is correct.